LEGEND The Video Games Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
My girlfriend wants to get Witcher 3, I think she's planning on getting it while I pickup Dying Light. I've heard a lot of really good things about Witcher.

Then I gotta start building my new computer, make sure its ready for Fallout, Star Citizen, and the rest of the big games on the way. It'll be nice to max Arma again too.
Witcher 3 is awesome so far. If not a little overwhelming... The first area seems like it's a decent size, then I got to the 2nd area looked at my map and just turned the game off for the night lol. It's huge, probably twice the size. I've heard it's not even the largest area in the game either.

100 hours of gameplay. Gotta have a big map to achieve that. I'm in love with this game after watching some plays of it on Youtube. This is what I can achieve when I get that video card in the mail. I just want a decent frame rate while having the game maxed out.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Just completed Dying Light on HARD mode. <---Not recommended...Lol.
Anyway, great game. The game remains open after the main questline is complete, so i'm just running around trying to finish all the achievements etc. I'll be joining some friends online to get into the co-op thing too, that's a good time.

Back to Alien:Isolation now.

bluecoconuts

Legend
The lively colors really give a different vibe to the game.

Seems like it's set in Boston, so I was a little surprised that they went with more vibrant colors. It definitely seems more lively, which is kind of cool. It'll be a cool change of pace, I think The Last of Us showed that you can have vibrant beautiful colors in an apocalyptic setting.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Always looking for new PS4 friends for Last of Us factions, Battlefield 4, Dying Light co-op.
Send requests to Mojo_Zen

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Always looking for new PS4 friends for Last of Us factions, Battlefield 4, Dying Light co-op.
Send requests to Mojo_Zen
I have a PS4 and don't have any of those games, but I'm definitely needing friends for Destiny. Sen request to brokeu91

bluecoconuts

Legend
So I picked up Dying Light, it's pretty fun..

However I'm a video game pussy, so I may be a bit over my head on this one. My girlfriend (who likes watching me play) doesn't want me to ever play at night, because of the various monsters. I (unknowingly) went into a Night Hunter game, and couldn't figure out what was going on... Until I looked out the window and saw the other player staring at me through a crack, scared the hell out of me.

Slowly making my way through the story line. One mad dash to a safe zone at a time.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
Final fantasy 7 remake confirmed!!! Oh sweet baby Jesus I can't believe it's finally happening. Throw in mass effect 4, fallout 4, the last guardian, seeing more of no man's sky and Shenmue 3 maybe seeing the light of day finally. Plus to many others to list.

Good time to be a gamer.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
Xbox One is now going to be backwards compatible with 360 games.

Not sure of the timeframe for it (possibly autumn) but I gather that it's not going to work in the usual way. If you've got the disk the system will automatically start downloading a digital version but you'll always need the disk to prove ownership. Other 360 games that you don't already can be downloaded for a price.

This is pretty cool and I think will sway a lot of people who were considering upgrading. You could argue it should always have been backwards compatible. I'd also assume that the graphics won't be any different. The games aren't being remastered.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I got chills and had to change my pants. So fkn excited!!!!

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I got chills and had to change my pants. So fkn excited!!!!

The piano gave me goosebumps.

The important questions. Will it have all the weapons as optional bosses? Will it have Chocobo breeding? And will it have cross dressing Cloud?

Last edited:

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Anyone play Dirty Bomb? I'm loving this game. It's like Call of Duty mixed with TF2.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
God help me, I'm playing WoW again for the first time in roughly four years.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Dl'd diablo 3 again on my laptop the other other day. Hadn't played it in about 4 months and had new hard drive.

My laptop is about 6 years old now and even on low settings overheats and shuts off after 10 minutes of running it. Besides the graphics card it is actually still a pretty good laptop.

Anyone know how to keep this from happening? I'm high-ish level doing t3 easy and want to get to t6.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Dl'd diablo 3 again on my laptop the other other day. Hadn't played it in about 4 months and had new hard drive.

My laptop is about 6 years old now and even on low settings overheats and shuts off after 10 minutes of running it. Besides the graphics card it is actually still a pretty good laptop.

Anyone know how to keep this from happening? I'm high-ish level doing t3 easy and want to get to t6.

Try a cooling pad, if it's overheating, keeping it cool is the best solution.