LEGEND The Video Games Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Is there any enemy scaling? If I recall correctly, this is the same group that made Dead Island? One of the things I hated the most was that the enemies just simply leveled up as you did, which essentially made progression impossible, and weapons more or less useless (there was a point where I could literally dump all ammo I had in every gun into the head of an enemy and not kill him), as well as the fact that weapons would break too quickly.

If those aspects are gone (especially the enemy scaling) then I'm probably sold on the game. I've been looking for something new to play.
Yeah i believe it's the same developers as Dead Island. Not sure if this game utilizes scaling. I would HIGHLY recommend this game...but only if played on the default difficulty. Did you play any of the Far Cry games? Similar style of gameplay IMO but a deeper, more interesting story.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Yeah i believe it's the same developers as Dead Island. Not sure if this game utilizes scaling. I would HIGHLY recommend this game...but only if played on the default difficulty. Did you play any of the Far Cry games? Similar style of gameplay IMO but a deeper, more interesting story.

I finished Far Cry 4, and loved it.

Scaling essentially means that as you level up, the enemies do to. This is different from games that you remain the same level (there is no level system) and enemies get tougher based on how you progress through the game (as in new areas means stronger enemies), or you level up and there are newer stronger enemies.

If you can go back to the start and find enemies that are the same difficulty to kill as they were when you first started then they don't have levels.

Arms 3 for example has no level system, you and your enemies stay the same throughout. Versus a game like Diablo 2 where enemies get stronger as you get stronger.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
Volatiles come out at night and they're super strong, fast and aware. There are tricks to help escape them(stay near water or a safehouse) but those tricks aren't always available. Also, once you engage one of them, many more of them converge on you quickly.

Yeah i got the grap hook. I'm about 50% thru the story. Recently opened up Old Town.

I play most games with the difficulty setting one higher then the default because i find it more challenging and more immersive, and sometimes there are trophy/achievements for it too. This game i wouldn't recommend doing that though...Lol. I went to lower the difficulty the other night but you can't so i'll just get through it. I just don't spend alot of time exploring at night. freak that. :D

My weapons are getting better so that helps.

Nice old town is fun. You're pretty close to finishing it. The missions go by pretty quick now. The camouflage perk helps a lot for moving around at night.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
Black Flag is awesome, easily my favorite in the series, I want another in the same setting. I love the Caribbean, and I love Pirates, so it was an awesome game in my opinion.

I got Unity, haven't really played it, is just never really grabbed my attention. 3 was the same way, I finished it, but I didn't enjoy it like I did Black Flag.

Hopefully London is good.

London would be amazing! I'm gonna have to get caught up to play it.

Is there any enemy scaling? If I recall correctly, this is the same group that made Dead Island? One of the things I hated the most was that the enemies just simply leveled up as you did, which essentially made progression impossible, and weapons more or less useless (there was a point where I could literally dump all ammo I had in every gun into the head of an enemy and not kill him), as well as the fact that weapons would break too quickly.

If those aspects are gone (especially the enemy scaling) then I'm probably sold on the game. I've been looking for something new to play.

The game does a good job at making you feel weak at first and at first weapons suck. You eventually feel like a bad ass mowing down smaller groups of zombies. There are different enemy types to mix it up though. The night time specific enemy is terrifying! It has a really good story as well.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Far Cry 4 was amazing. Even on PS3 it looked beautiful. My favorite thing to do was take over the outposts with only a bow and arrow. Oh and then there was taking down helicopters with exploding and fire arrows. Awesome.

And for all Assassin's Creed fans, it is indeed in London.

http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-US/games/assassins-creed-syndicate/index.aspx

Trailer:

Meh, I prefer Ubisoft gives it another year after Q4 2015 to polish it seeing that Unity was a dumpster fire.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
1,000 rod bucks says after London they go to Japan.

During the samurai period? I might actually buy that. I mean, Ottoman Janissaries were fun to try to kill, but fucking elite samurai? There were so many badass samurai that you could literally span generations with just a Japanese period alone. And it would remind me so much of the first one, which was honestly the best one.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
During the samurai period? I might actually buy that. I mean, Ottoman Janissaries were fun to try to kill, but freaking elite samurai? There were so many badass samurai that you could literally span generations with just a Japanese period alone. And it would remind me so much of the first one, which was honestly the best one.

Oh man now I really want them to make it.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Meh, I prefer Ubisoft gives it another year after Q4 2015 to polish it seeing that Unity was a dumpster fire.

Games usually improve after the 1st wave of the next gen stuff. I have hope this will.

But for me its moot b/c I don't have a XBox One or PS4. Ha.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Games usually improve after the 1st wave of the next gen stuff. I have hope this will.

But for me its moot b/c I don't have a XBox One or PS4. Ha.

Yeah, I'm hoping the next wave is good. NHL 15 was just completely awful and unplayable in my opinion, Madden is meh... Unity sucked.. But games like Far Cry 4 was awesome, GTA 5 obviously, and Last of Us Remastered (but obviously they didn't really do anything there)...

If NHL 16 doesn't fix a lot of their issues, I'll be skipping it. Same thing with the new Assassins Creed, if it doesn't look like they fixed a lot of issues I'll skip it.

Memento

Name
Jemma
NHL 15 was just completely awful and unplayable in my opinion

NHL 15 was the worst sports game ever. Of all time. I've never seen a sports game that spits in the faces of fans so much. It was disgusting how EA stripped it down to the bare bones, not even including player customization or anything other than playing head-to-head or online in the initial package - and they never would have included any of it, if not for immense backlash from fans.

Until some other company with a sliver of integrity decides to produce NHL and NFL games, I will stick to NBA 2K or whomever the hell is producing it.

bluecoconuts

Legend
NHL 15 was the worst sports game ever. Of all time. I've never seen a sports game that spits in the faces of fans so much. It was disgusting how EA stripped it down to the bare bones, not even including player customization or anything other than playing head-to-head or online in the initial package - and they never would have included any of it, if not for immense backlash from fans.

Until some other company with a sliver of integrity decides to produce NHL and NFL games, I will stick to NBA 2K or whomever the hell is producing it.

What pissed me off even more was the fact that the core of the game, actually getting on the ice, was essentially unplayable. Defenders didn't protect the slot, they would shift to defense when a puck was lose, making it pretty much impossible to have sustained pressure in the offensive zone, I couldn't even jump into a game and not get pissed. I probably played about 15 games, and every time it was just so frustrating I couldn't handle it. It's not as if I couldn't win either, that wasn't the problem, it was just not fun.

Memento

Name
Jemma
What pissed me off even more was the fact that the core of the game, actually getting on the ice, was essentially unplayable. Defenders didn't protect the slot, they would shift to defense when a puck was lose, making it pretty much impossible to have sustained pressure in the offensive zone, I couldn't even jump into a game and not get pissed. I probably played about 15 games, and every time it was just so frustrating I couldn't handle it. It's not as if I couldn't win either, that wasn't the problem, it was just not fun.

Yes, I agree that those features made it impossible to win and no fun to play, even on easy mode. NHL 15 makes me pine for NHL Hitz (I believe it was 2003) with Chris Pronger as the cover athlete and using velociraptor heads (amongst other heads) on my players just because I could. It was so much more fun that way.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
I was thinking about renting NHL 15 sounds like I dodged a bullet...

On the sports game note I did rent MLB the show 15. Normally I can pick up a sports game and be decent to good at it, nope not this one I'm awful. Started a season with the Mariners and my only saving grace is Felix is such a beast I've been able to keep games low scoring.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
I played the new Mortal Kombat (MKX). I'm not sure I like it. It's a lot slower than MK9, which I'm now getting pretty good at (I'm late to the game).

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
Started a playthrough of the last of us on survivor difficulty a long time ago and I made it to Winter and (I don't want to spoil anything so I'll be vague ) towards the end of that chapter (after you ride the horse) and just got stuck... I'm talking no health packs and 1/2 health bar, 2 shots with the bow, 1 pistol, and a glass bottle. Couldn't get by it to save my life so I was done. It's been months and the other night I felt the need to finish it. Got by on my 3rd try and went on to crush the rest of the game with little trouble. Now am I crazy enough to put my self again and try survivor plus mode???