LEGEND The Video Games Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Pokemon update! I am now able to trade Pokemon for the next week or so! Anyone who wants a good ability/nature Pokemon that they don't have (including shadow tag Gothita, speed boost Sharpedo, etc.) can definitely trade with me. If you have something that I can't obtain normally (i.e., female marvel scale Dratini, overcoat Burmy, female unaware Wooper/Quagsire, etc.)

More updating! I got a marvel scale Dratini and an extremespeed Dratini! Both female, but I still got them! Thank you, GTS! I've also caught the vast majority of the hidden ability Pokemon that I wanted.

I still need the following: speed boost Venipede/Whirlipede, swift swim Poliwag/Poliwhirl, unaware Wooper/Quagsire, regenerator Slowpoke/Slowbro, hustle Nidoran (both genders), prankster Purrloin/Liepard, overcoat Burmy, clear body Klink/Klang, and water veil Buizel/Floatzel.

If you can trade me one of them, I'd be eternally grateful. I have HA Pokemon, good natured Pokemon, and eventually, a Yveltal to trade. Thank you.

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
Patiently waiting for Star Wars Battlefront 3 to be arrive. EA released a little more information on 'Star Wars Day' (Monday) about the maps in the game. This quote is the 2nd to last paragraph from the article EA published Monday, May 4.

"Of the 12 multiplayer maps in Star Wars Battlefront (there are even more locations when you include the Star Wars Battlefront Missions), some feel immediately familiar — such as the lush forests of Endor or the tundra of Hoth. Some of the maps support our epic modes like Walker Assault, while others are tailored to more intimate, close quarters combat. Our goal is to bring a variety of battle fantasies to life, with map design catering to the modes that will play out on those maps. Above all, we want you to create new memories of your own in new places you've never seen before."

The main point of the article, though, is centered around the making of a never before seen planet in the Star Wars Battlefront series called Sullust. Here is a released pic of what Sullust looks like:
featuredImage.img.jpg

image.img.jpg

Just to recap:
*12 multiplayer maps.
*5 of the 12 are Endor, Hoth, Tatooine, Sullust, and Jakku.
*There will also be a Death Star themed map and a Mining themed map.
*More maps on the Battlefront missions.

I CAN'T WAIT!!!

For more, you can read the entire article here: http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/bat...-the-planet-sullust-for-star-wars-battlefront

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Holy...is that what Star Wars Battlefront looks like? If it lives up to what I think it might, I'm buying and keeping this game.

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
I hope that's what it looks like, but if it's anything like Madden the pre-released pictures look better than the game itself.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
I sadly missed out on the original battlefront games so I'm looking forward to playing this new one.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Holy...is that what Star Wars Battlefront looks like? If it lives up to what I think it might, I'm buying and keeping this game.

From what I understand from people who saw some first person gameplay at Star Wars Celebration in Anaheim, it is indeed what it looks like.

The thing that turns me off the most is the fact that they will most certainly have a bunch of paid DLC, and thus far no clone wars stuff. They'll probably do those in the DLC, which means in the end it'll be like 150 bucks for the "full" game.

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
I sadly missed out on the original battlefront games so I'm looking forward to playing this new one.

They are both pretty good games. I have both of them on my PS2. Never got to experience what gameplay was like online, but it was pretty kick ass without it.

In the first battle front you could play on a variety of different maps like Hoth, Endor, Kashyyyk, Kamino, Geonosis, Yavin 4, Cloud City, Bespin, Tatooine, Naboo, and Rhen Var.
On many of the maps you could choose whether you want to play in the Clone Wars or Galactic Civil War. And while you couldn't play as any Jedi or Sith, if you go into the settings and turn on Instant Action Heroes, 1 Jedi and 1 Sith would spawn in your map.

The second battlefront expanded on the first game, adding more maps like the Death Star, Jabba's Palace, and Mustafar to name a few. They also introduced Spacebattles where you can take destroy a Star Destroyer. From a character standpoint, the clones got episode 3's armor instead of episode 2's and a couple other characters were added too. Last but not least, battlefront 2 added Jedi and Sith to the battlefield. To unlock the special characters, you have to go on a multiple killstreak and eventually the game will give you the option to play as that special character.

For the good guys: Obi-Wan, Yoda, Mace Windu, Ki-Adi-Mundi, Aayla Secura, Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Chewbacca, Princess Leia, and Kit Fisto (Xbox download only)

For the bad guys: Count Dooku, General Grievous, Jango Fett, Darth Maul, Darth Sidious, Darth Vader, Boba Fett, Anakin Skywalker, and Asajj Ventress (Xbox download only)

The rumors that I've heard about the new battlefront is that they removed the space battles and that you can purchase weapons that won't be available in the game until you've completed certain missions in the game for like $25.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
The rumors that I've heard about the new battlefront is that they removed the space battles and that you can purchase weapons that won't be available in the game until you've completed certain missions in the game for like $25.

And this is why I abhor EA with a burning passion.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Anyone dig into Dying Light? I'm about halfway thru and it's pretty damn good. They completely nailed the whole "It's getting dark....better take shelter" aspect of it. It feels, looks and sounds just like Omega Man/I Am Legend in terms of atmosphere. Deep story/gameplay too with a ton of side quests, crafting, skill trees, weapons, general survival tactics.

Playing on HARD mode and i wish i hadn't. It's downright brutal to go wandering around after dark.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I had quite a few guys from my Destiny Clan get into it when it first came out. Ive never played it tho. I did shareplay it a bit. Seems decent. I think @rdlkgliders may play it.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Anyone dig into Dying Light? I'm about halfway thru and it's pretty damn good. They completely nailed the whole "It's getting dark....better take shelter" aspect of it. It feels, looks and sounds just like Omega Man/I Am Legend in terms of atmosphere. Deep story/gameplay too with a ton of side quests, crafting, skill trees, weapons, general survival tactics.

Playing on HARD mode and i wish i hadn't. It's downright brutal to go wandering around after dark.

What's so brutal about night vs day?

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I'm playing Assassin's Creed Rogue on PS3. Probably the last AC game on that system.

The new one is going to be announced this week. Rumors are the setting is in London.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John

Just finished it a couple days ago, really enjoyed it. Night time is so intense so flares were my best friend. I can't imagine how frustrating hard mode. Have you got the grappling hook yet? It makes moving around so much faster.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
I'm playing Assassin's Creed Rogue on PS3. Probably the last AC game on that system.

The new one is going to be announced this week. Rumors are the setting is in London.

I'm so behind on that series. Still on 3 and got black flag for free on 360.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
you ready for the new Destiny DLC?
I was...but then I moved out to the country and I can not get good enough internet to play online. I'm jealous of the ones getting to play. Just found out ill be moving back to town in a few months, so ill be able to catch up before the huge DLC in september.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I'm so behind on that series. Still on 3 and got black flag for free on 360.

Black Flag is awesome, easily my favorite in the series, I want another in the same setting. I love the Caribbean, and I love Pirates, so it was an awesome game in my opinion.

I got Unity, haven't really played it, is just never really grabbed my attention. 3 was the same way, I finished it, but I didn't enjoy it like I did Black Flag.

Hopefully London is good.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
What's so brutal about night vs day?
Volatiles come out at night and they're super strong, fast and aware. There are tricks to help escape them(stay near water or a safehouse) but those tricks aren't always available. Also, once you engage one of them, many more of them converge on you quickly.

Just finished it a couple days ago, really enjoyed it. Night time is so intense so flares were my best friend. I can't imagine how frustrating hard mode. Have you got the grappling hook yet? It makes moving around so much faster.
Yeah i got the grap hook. I'm about 50% thru the story. Recently opened up Old Town.

I play most games with the difficulty setting one higher then the default because i find it more challenging and more immersive, and sometimes there are trophy/achievements for it too. This game i wouldn't recommend doing that though...Lol. I went to lower the difficulty the other night but you can't so i'll just get through it. I just don't spend alot of time exploring at night. Fuck that. :D

My weapons are getting better so that helps.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Volatiles come out at night and they're super strong, fast and aware. There are tricks to help escape them(stay near water or a safehouse) but those tricks aren't always available. Also, once you engage one of them, many more of them converge on you quickly.

Is there any enemy scaling? If I recall correctly, this is the same group that made Dead Island? One of the things I hated the most was that the enemies just simply leveled up as you did, which essentially made progression impossible, and weapons more or less useless (there was a point where I could literally dump all ammo I had in every gun into the head of an enemy and not kill him), as well as the fact that weapons would break too quickly.

If those aspects are gone (especially the enemy scaling) then I'm probably sold on the game. I've been looking for something new to play.