LEGEND The Video Games Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Going to update Pokemon yet again.

Gotten most of my breeding done. I've also beaten the Elite Four and champion in OR. Planning on sending some eggs to AS (a volt-absorb Chinchou, a pressure Wailmer, and an ice body Spheal) to join up with my Mudkip and rain dish Wingull), but I can't do that at the moment because there's no wireless capabilities in the hotel I'm staying at for at least a week or two. So I'm stuck breeding and raising Pokemon. Planning on breeding a mold breaker Pinsir with quick attack and a guts Heracross with rock blast.

Looking for Pokemon with their hidden abilities at the moment (speed boost Venipede and Carvanha, hustle Nidoran - both male and female - infiltrator Zubat, swift swim Poliwag, regenerator Slowpoke, Tangela, Corsola, and Alomomola, sheer force Krabby, adaptability Skrelp and Corphish, marvel scale Dratini with extremespeed, tinted lens Hoothoot, magic bounce Natu, sap sipper Girafarig, harvest Tropius, moody Snorunt - for a cursed body Froslass - overcoat Burmy, run away Kricketot, soundproof Snover, prankster Purrloin, storm drain Maractus, water absorb Cacnea, clear body Klink, and shadow tag Gothita.)

Also, that Darkrai is still on the table, Boffo, whenever I get wireless access again. Yrba, my offer still stands...when I can get wireless access.

Updating...for the millionth time. :p

I have my ultimate Pinsir and Heracross. Bred egg moves onto them (quick attack for Pinsir, rock blast for Heracross), they both have jolly natures, and they both have their respective mega-stones. This should be fun.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Finally got around to playing and beating the first Hotline Miami this week. Quite fun. Trippy as balls.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
My wife picked me up The Order 1886 for my B-day. Played for a few hours and I have to say it's pretty fun! Story is good so far, graphics are amazing, gameplay is fun and smooth nothing new though,some interesting weapons as well.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I'm going through withdrawal right now. Between moving my 73 yo Dad in with me and all the cleaning and moving required to make that happen as well as other stuff on my plate, I haven't been on my computer in 2 months... So no WoW.

My garrisons have to be a disaster by now!

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
Just upgraded my ps4 hard drive to a 2tb. Between game installs and ps plus free games I was just about to run out of space. Now I should be good for awhile.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Updating...for the millionth time. :p

I have my ultimate Pinsir and Heracross. Bred egg moves onto them (quick attack for Pinsir, rock blast for Heracross), they both have jolly natures, and they both have their respective mega-stones. This should be fun.

Updating again! ;)

I'm on a roll with training Pokemon. I fully evolved all of my fossils, all of my starters, quite a few of my birds, among many others. I also got some HA Pokemon that I needed (Maractus and Xatu).

Some should be fairly easy to get (Zubat, Alomomola, Skrelp, Krabby, Carvanha, Corphish, Tangela, Corsola, Gothita, Cacnea, Girafarig, Tropius, and Snorunt).

Others will be a little harder (the Nidorans, Poliwag, Slowpoke, and Hoothoot).

Still others (especially Dratini, but also Venipede, Kricketot, Burmy, and Purrloin) I'm really going to need help with. If anyone has a male extremespeed Dratini or a female marvel scale Dratini/Dragonair, I'd be extremely grateful. Female speed boost Venipede, female prankster Purrloin, unaware female Wooper, male overcoat Burmy, and female run away Kricketot are also ones that I'd trade for. I can gift you HA Pokemon, good natured Pokemon, and Pokemon of any gender with any nickname you want.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Just upgraded my ps4 hard drive to a 2tb. Between game installs and ps plus free games I was just about to run out of space. Now I should be good for awhile.

I might trade my PS4 for an XBOX one. I heard they are going to remaster the original Gears of War for the one, and that was one of the best multiplayer shooter games I played. Well, Gears 2 was more complete, so I'm hoping it plays more like that.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
I might trade my PS4 for an XBOX one. I heard they are going to remaster the original Gears of War for the one, and that was one of the best multiplayer shooter games I played. Well, Gears 2 was more complete, so I'm hoping it plays more like that.

Love the gears games, that would be really cool if they remade it. I need to re-buy 2 it was stolen from me. Trade in your ps4!! I'd never... I'll pick up a Xbox one eventually but there isn't anything on it I just have to play now. I waiting to see if they do a redesign in year or so to be honest.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan

Remastered.. lol if customers have to pay $60 for an enhanced remake, this is another reason why this current gen of console gaming is shit.

The fact that customers openly throw money to encourage horrific business practices *cough* Day 1 DLC, micro-transactions, and pre-order hype of poorly developed games (see The Order 1886 & Watch Dogs).... I'm absolutely okay with another video game industry crash.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Remastered.. lol if customers have to pay $60 for an enhanced remake, this is another reason why this current gen of console gaming is crap.

The fact that customers openly throw money to encourage horrific business practices *cough* Day 1 DLC, micro-transactions, and pre-order hype of poorly developed games (see The Order 1886 & Watch Dogs).... I'm absolutely okay with another video game industry crash.

That's your opinion. I happen to only play games for the multiplayer, and am a BIG fan of shooters. GOW happens to be one of my favorite, and if they remaster it to 60fps and 1080p, then I'll buy it, and play it. I will not preorder though. I'll wait to see if there's enough people playing it to make it worth my while.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
That's your opinion. I happen to only play games for the multiplayer, and am a BIG fan of shooters. GOW happens to be one of my favorite, and if they remaster it to 60fps and 1080p, then I'll buy it, and play it. I will not preorder though. I'll wait to see if there's enough people playing it to make it worth my while.

Glad you're not into pre-order hype, that kind of consumer practice warrants developers into doing a half-assed job in making games, just look at the launch of Halo Remastered and AC: Unity, all those bugs and a 20gb patch. Really doubt it's gonna stop anytime soon.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Glad you're not into pre-order hype, that kind of consumer practice warrants developers into doing a half-assed job in making games, just look at the launch of Halo Remastered and AC: Unity, all those bugs and a 20gb patch. Really doubt it's gonna stop anytime soon.

It's the new model. The gaming industry loathes the $60 price of games, and it shows with all the extra content. What really pisses me off is when they announce DLC before they release the game. It's like, "Really, you purposely cut it from the game so you could charge for it down the road."

bluecoconuts

Legend

That and releasing games in "Alpha" state and then halfassing development and delaying release dates (cough fucking cough DayZ)... The only games I'm "hyped" for right now are Star Citizen and Battlefront 3.

I'm heating up on Uncharted 4. I haven't actually played any of the Uncharted series, but I loved Last of Us (my second Naughty Dog game, after Crash Bandicoot which doesn't really count) and I've always heard great things about Uncharted. Whenever they announce Last of Us 2, consider me sold!

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
The only games I'm "hyped" for right now are Star Citizen and Battlefront 3.

Haven't heard from Star Citizen yet but Battlefront 3, not buying into simply because EA. From what I see on the wiki of Star Citizen, it looks promising, I hope Cloud Imperium Games will have room to grow while following good business practices to bring competition in the industry. More competition = better games and less shitty business models.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Haven't heard from Star Citizen yet but Battlefront 3, not buying into simply because EA. From what I see on the wiki of Star Citizen, it looks promising, I hope Cloud Imperium Games will have room to grow while following good business practices to bring competition in the industry. More competition = better games and less crappy business models.

I'm cautiously optimistic for Battlefront 3, the video looks great, and from people who went to the big star wars event in Anaheim the gameplay looked just as good.

The biggest thing is, as you said, EA and DICE. I didn't play BF4 (played BF3 though, I did enjoy it) or Hardline, heard mixed reviews on them. I heard that Battlefront wont have all space maps or anything, so I'm sure those will be DLC for later, and that's annoying.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
I don't even remember the last time I preordered a game... Day one dlc and patches are the worst part about gaming these days.

The remaster craze is getting out of hand but at the same time there have been some good ones that came from it. The metal gear pack, shadow of the colossus, metro 2033 redux, final fantasy 10 and I'd buy a FF 7 remake in 2 seconds flat.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
Remastered.. lol if customers have to pay $60 for an enhanced remake, this is another reason why this current gen of console gaming is crap.

Ouch I'm enjoying The Order so far... It's far from perfect but it has a pretty good story and I also haven't had any problems with the gameplay either it's pretty smooth.