LEGEND The Video Games Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I'm old school. They don't make or design games like these anymore.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I mean...after you spend the first hour of the game taking down terrorists at the Statue of Liberty...then you head back and you enter headquarters to get paid, get your gear, get your next mission and you get THIS type of music, it's on :D

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
@Mojo Ram funny you posted about Deus Ex. They just announced the next game in the series for the new systems.
Interesting, I hope.
I played thru the original several times both on PC and the PS2 port. Game of the year in 2000 and ahead of it's time in every way except for graphics, but no one cared because it was that good. Mass Effect before there was Mass Effect. Amazing game. Ambiance, dialogue, characters, so many ways to progress thru the story, and the soundtrack...no game has come close to it yet. I actually own the soundtrack on CD. It was available on the GOTY edition.

I skipped the sequel "Invisible War".

The more recent prequel Human Evolution was a pretty good attempt at recreating the feel of the original with a modern engine and i enjoyed it. It still was a bit of a let down but my expectations were likely too high.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Updating again. I've gone on a breeding frenzy, and I got a freaking VICTINI in Wonder Trade, along with many different Pokemon with awesome natures and/or abilities. I'm getting a shiny Japanese Genesect from a friend, so that I can trade it for a normal Darkrai and search for a normal Genesect later on.

@Legatron4 , I have a timid male Gastly for you, and I'm getting a careful Machop with no guard right as we speak. Any nickname you want, I'll give it to them. Give me derps for them; I don't mind. :)

@Boffo97 , the shiny Darkrai is still on the table as we speak. It'll be on the table until you get your 3DS and trade for it. Just in case your two Darkrai don't go through. :)

@yrba1 , if you have any wants, I can probably get them for you. Just name them, tell me if they have a nickname or not, and give me derps for them. :)

Going to update Pokemon yet again.

Gotten most of my breeding done. I've also beaten the Elite Four and champion in OR. Planning on sending some eggs to AS (a volt-absorb Chinchou, a pressure Wailmer, and an ice body Spheal) to join up with my Mudkip and rain dish Wingull), but I can't do that at the moment because there's no wireless capabilities in the hotel I'm staying at for at least a week or two. So I'm stuck breeding and raising Pokemon. Planning on breeding a mold breaker Pinsir with quick attack and a guts Heracross with rock blast.

Looking for Pokemon with their hidden abilities at the moment (speed boost Venipede and Carvanha, hustle Nidoran - both male and female - infiltrator Zubat, swift swim Poliwag, regenerator Slowpoke, Tangela, Corsola, and Alomomola, sheer force Krabby, adaptability Skrelp and Corphish, marvel scale Dratini with extremespeed, tinted lens Hoothoot, magic bounce Natu, sap sipper Girafarig, harvest Tropius, moody Snorunt - for a cursed body Froslass - overcoat Burmy, run away Kricketot, soundproof Snover, prankster Purrloin, storm drain Maractus, water absorb Cacnea, clear body Klink, and shadow tag Gothita.)

Also, that Darkrai is still on the table, Boffo, whenever I get wireless access again. Yrba, my offer still stands...when I can get wireless access.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
Interesting, I hope.
I played thru the original several times both on PC and the PS2 port. Game of the year in 2000 and ahead of it's time in every way except for graphics, but no one cared because it was that good. Mass Effect before there was Mass Effect. Amazing game. Ambiance, dialogue, characters, so many ways to progress thru the story, and the soundtrack...no game has come close to it yet. I actually own the soundtrack on CD. It was available on the GOTY edition.

I skipped the sequel "Invisible War".

The more recent prequel Human Evolution was a pretty good attempt at recreating the feel of the original with a modern engine and i enjoyed it. It still was a bit of a let down but my expectations were likely too high.

So your saying I should go buy the original for my ps2 then??? I've only played the newest one and loved it. The next one takes place 2 years after.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
So your saying I should go buy the original for my ps2 then??? I've only played the newest one and loved it. The next one takes place 2 years after.
If you've never played it before then yeah. The PS2 version isn't as good as the PC version but it's still worthy. Once you get past the dated graphics(which is pretty easy to do IMO) the poor enemy AI and the annoying load time between areas it's so good. That sounds like alot of "bad" but it's the characters, the music, the story, the environment, the tactical, interactive dialogue and exploration choices that make it so good. Much like Deus Ex 3, it's best served as a stealth game.

JC Denton is legendary. :D

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
If you've never played it before then yeah. The PS2 version isn't as good as the PC version but it's still worthy. Once you get past the dated graphics(which is pretty easy to do IMO) the poor enemy AI and the annoying load time between areas it's so good. That sounds like alot of "bad" but it's the characters, the music, the story, the environment, the tactical, interactive dialogue and exploration choices that make it so good. Much like Deus Ex 3, it's best served as a stealth game.

JC Denton is legendary. :D

Damn... Doesn't sound bad one bit. Matter o fact I really want to play it now.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Picked up Elite: Dangerous per suggestion from a buddy. So far it's pretty interesting, but quite challenging. I'm trying to figure things out, there's a lot to do, and it's a bit intimidating trying to understand everything. So far I love the fact that they made it in the Milky Way, I want to start working my way towards the Solar System (since they don't start you out there), and I also want to go see how they did Sagittarius A*, but I'm still trying to work out the basics. My buddy said I would like it since it's my area of study, and they are very scientific with many aspects of the game. So far so good, but I probably need a joystick to really enjoy it, as well as time to figure it all out.

iced

just picked up mk x today...what an awesome game so far... went to the game stop, won a t-shirt (twice, gave 2nd one away), got to the final 5 of the tournament but lost to cheesy scorpion players 3x (i use sub zero)

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
Picked up Elite: Dangerous per suggestion from a buddy. So far it's pretty interesting, but quite challenging. I'm trying to figure things out, there's a lot to do, and it's a bit intimidating trying to understand everything. So far I love the fact that they made it in the Milky Way, I want to start working my way towards the Solar System (since they don't start you out there), and I also want to go see how they did Sagittarius A*, but I'm still trying to work out the basics. My buddy said I would like it since it's my area of study, and they are very scientific with many aspects of the game. So far so good, but I probably need a joystick to really enjoy it, as well as time to figure it all out.

Is this the long awaited follow up to Elite, Frontier:Elite 2 and the third one (forgotten the name)? Is it pc only?

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
just picked up mk x today...what an awesome game so far... went to the game stop, won a t-shirt (twice, gave 2nd one away), got to the final 5 of the tournament but lost to cheesy scorpion players 3x (i use sub zero)

The last MK game I had was on my Commodore Amiga 500. It came on 3 disks but even with my second disk drive I had to change disks to get scorpion to tear his face off and breath fire on my enemies.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Is this the long awaited follow up to Elite, Frontier:Elite 2 and the third one (forgotten the name)? Is it pc only?

Yes, its made by the same people, and yes I believe its PC only. Steep learning curve, but its fun. It's mostly to hold me over until Star Citizen, which looks to be the more promising game at this point.

iced

The last MK game I had was on my Commodore Amiga 500. It came on 3 disks but even with my second disk drive I had to change disks to get scorpion to tear his face off and breath fire on my enemies.

lol so the first one

i remember the days of playing it in the card - i felt like the old guy at 29 last night when waiting for the mid night launch lol

iced

lol so the first one

i remember the days of playing it in the card - i felt like the old guy at 29 last night when waiting for the mid night launch lol

I hate my laptop sometimes

*arcade