The vent thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Who the hell is pinkel?

Gary Pinkel, the head coach for the Missouri Tigers. He's not going anywhere, and I'm glad he's not; Mizzou is 8-1 on the season.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What's that word for people who jump off of something when it's bad and then jump on when it's good?

Bandwagon.jpg

Lol. After 2007 to 2011, I don't think anyone can call a current Rams fan a "bandwagon" jumper. Nobody jumps on the bandwagon of bad teams. :lol:

I'm still watching the games, BTW. Just not watching them live.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
It might be time to look at what Ray Sherman is doing(or not doing) during training camp and practice. These WR's are young,sure,but they just aren't very good...and i'm not seeing alot of progression either.

Number6

UDFA
I think Clemens did ok for a 2nd-string QB. I like how he stands in the pocket under pressure and is able to roll out when he gets in trouble.

Maybe it's just me, but it looks like Clemens is throwing deeper passes than Bradford - deeper meaning 8-10 yards instead of 1-3.

Given some time, he might be alright for us. I still think we need to bag Bradford and try to pick up a new QB in the next draft.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I'm really just hoping for the young players to grow more comfortable in the roles for next year. It's obvious they're made some big progress in the running game from week 2 in ATL. Next year we'll have the nitch to come pondibg the rock with Stacy, Rich, and a new guy. All will be well...

classicpony

Starter
Name
Jim
Your a man after my heart. Clem is playing better but... or just maybe it was the beans & cornbread he ate before the game that helped put some zip in things?

Last edited by a moderator:

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
This is the thread that gets deleted, right? If so, I'm getting bummed about T. Austin. I wasn't expecting him to have huge numbers this year, and know that penalties negated a few of his big plays, but I really want to watch him break some ankles in open space and take it to the house. I think the prime opportunities would be punt returns, but anything will work.

fearsomefour

Legend
Washington won in OT.

/vent
Worst roughing call maybe of all time in that game as well. But, the Chargers had the worst play calling maybe in their history (and that is saying something) in the 4th. First a goal inside the 1 and they dont score. I like Whiz fine but that was a joke.

fearsomefour

Legend
I was impressed with Smiths' play at RG. He did a very good job redirecting all day in the run game and hung in there vs. the pass rush. Well done by Shelley.
Sweet fumble by Cunningham. Becoming pretty clear why he cant stick anywhere. Cook, no feel for the game, cement hands, bad body language. I did like his effort blocking today. Good effort and some good (or good enough) execution over all by Cook in the blocking game. Another completely winnable game. Clemons sure is like a wet cat in the pocket, but, he played well and made some good throws. Too many drops....again. When the got a turnover (finally) and ran 3 plays for zero yards and Z missed the kick....I had that chocked up to a loss at that point. The D does not play well enough or consistant enough (minus the Seattle game) to leave points on the field.
Three straight scores in the second half by the Titans. No one getting off blocks. Was this execution, or Tennessee adjusting and our D not? I cannot believe the skill level on the D is the problem. They played at a very high level last year and are not old. Walton F-
It was interesting to see Seattle struggle so much at home vs. Tampa Bay. They have two overtime wins vs. bad teams (Houston, Tampa Bay) and a gift of a B.S. win vs. another bad team (Rams). They are 8-1 but are not that good. Very, very overrated team. Have the look of a first round exit to me. At least for now.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Well...the better question is...what stays on a sinking ship? :nau:

Uh jrry the rules go like this answer the question with an answer instead of diversion, sinking ships BTW get saved every day by brave committed seamen ,are ya a brave committed seaman or a rat( the answer BTW since you've given up answering it for yourself).
TD rule 52 if you change the subject .....I won:woot:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Uh jrry the rules go like this answer the question with an answer instead of diversion, sinking ships BTW get saved every day by brave committed seamen ,are ya a brave committed seaman or a rat( the answer BTW since you've given up answering it for yourself).
TD rule 52 if you change the subject .....I won:woot:

I'll take option #3...guy in the life boat watching the games on Rewind. :heh:

I would prefer not to be a semen. :wink:

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
I'm really just hoping for the young players to grow more comfortable in the roles for next year. It's obvious they're made some big progress in the running game from week 2 in ATL. Next year we'll have the nitch to come pondibg the rock with Stacy, Rich, and a new guy. All will be well...
I would also like to see a little more humility from our coaching staff and GM.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I would also like to see a little more humility from our coaching staff and GM.
Humility? So we want our starting QB to be a rabid dog, and our coaches and GM to be whipped dogs? They don't owe us shit in the way of emotional or vocal expression. If anything, we owe them the courtesy of not being so viscerally reactive to every damn thing they do. When we win, they're great. When we lose, they're fatally flawed. Same with the players. If they do well, they're arriving. When they make mistakes, they're garbage.

Clemens can't throw, Quick is a mental reject, Schotty has no idea how to use players, Fisher is out of touch, Walton shouldn't even be a coach in any capacity, Richardson is a jag, Pead's a bust, Austin Davis is the savior, Zuerlein is Rackers incarnate, Tebow(wtf?) could win tons of games here, and Venturi is a genius. The fuck outta here with that noise. Yeah, we should be upset about losses. That's what fans do. But cut the shit with the "I know what can fix this!" insanity. You don't know dick.

I stopped addressing your post after the first sentence, btw, so this isn't about *you*.