The Undefeated: Are Jared Goff and Case Keenum that good, or was coach Jeff Fisher a QB killer?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
But to say that there was some big scheme design played out by management and or coaches
to intentionally lose games is beyond absurd.
There was no smoking gun,no shooter up on the grassy knoll and
regretfully,there is no leprechaun in the cereal box.

Oh yeah? Owners DO try to sabotage and here's proof!!!
205326_full.jpg

Oh, that was fiction? Wouldn't happen in real life? Yeah, guess you're right.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Until the Rams play the Vikings again, count me in on the Case Keenum train. It’s impossible to not pull for a guy like him.
Oh yeah? What if his good play drops the Rams out of the playoffs? Then what? Huh? huh? :LOL:

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Oh, they absolutely loved him.

The players were actually shocked and crying when he was fired.

I can't remember when that ever happened before.
And why wouldn't they (love him)?

No accountability and big pay checks.

I'd love him too if I were a player... couldn't stand him as the HC of my favorite team.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Fisher was old school in the way he built his teams. He started from the line out then he tried to build on the offensive line and Running backs. I think the biggest factors that lead to his down fall was his choices in OC and the biggest one of all injuries to his starting QB. How many years did he have with his starting qb finish the year out??

He also initially built this team to compete within its own division (6 games).....short sighted, IMO.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He also initially built this team to compete within its own division (6 games).....short sighted, IMO.
That’s because the best way to get into the playoffs is to win your division. When Fisher was the coach the Seahawks and Cardinals was one of the best teams in football. So it stood to reason if you can beat them then you had a good chance to beat anyone

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Are you a moderator or are you just like the person above and stating your opinion?

I don't think anybody said anything that violates the terms of posting.
And I think a moderator would mention it if they did.
Would you like a link to the terms and conditions? They are easy to find just scroll to the bottom of the page.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
Mr. Football
Starring Kase Keenum
218bcfd62e621430d9aba057f6c42dde_crop_exact.jpg

"Do it." Sheev Palpatine
"Many are the strange chances of the world, and help oft shall come from the hands of the weak when the Wise falter." Mithrandir
"Maximum effort! Bringing the pain one plodding footstep at a time." DIY Times

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
I called for his firing after year 3 as well even though when I watched him trying to build an Oline so unsuccessfully, I knew he wasn't going to make it.

You can't build a good Oline from dribs and drabs and leftovers off the scrap heap.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
That's the cool thing about having moderators.

All the other posters can just sit back and relax and post and leave the policing to the moderators.

Zero

Pro Bowler
couldn't stand him as the HC of my favorite team.

Alright,I have heard enough!!
Just for that little outburst, I am gonna have to turn you
over to the proper authorities.Didn't wanna do it ,but
you done went and forced my hand and I ain't talkin bout
forcing my hand like uncle Raeford did that one time.
I'm talkin bout turnin you over to Chief Constable Dr. Rev. Mr Black Bart.
Head of the Fisher Fan Club Police Brigade.
All I got to say is,you done fried a fish that you can't cook.Buddyro!

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
That’s because the best way to get into the playoffs is to win your division. When Fisher was the coach the Seahawks and Cardinals was one of the best teams in football. So it stood to reason if you can beat them then you had a good chance to beat anyone

So how'd that work out? That might have been true had the division not been primarily run game & defense oriented during that initial re-building period (if you want to call it that). Unfortunately for the Rams outside of their division, schemes and the rules favored the passing game and their record outside the division speaks for itself.

IMO, Fisher repeatedly handicapped his offense with his predictable schemes. Explain to me again how winning 4 or 5 games in the division is the best way to get into the playoff's.....I'll take the other 11 or 12 wins everytime. ;)

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's the cool thing about having moderators.

All the other posters can just sit back and relax and post and leave the policing to the moderators.
Shouldn't be that way...

MOD EDIT: Closing Topic. It's run it's course.

Status
Not open for further replies.