The Undefeated: Are Jared Goff and Case Keenum that good, or was coach Jeff Fisher a QB killer?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zero

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well like I've said the man had his faults no doubt. I'm humble (believe it or not) enough to swallow my pride and say hey, he screwed up some picks, had a very undisciplined team, etc. But I think he did he put this team on the right direction and didn't act like a jerk to his players, and IMO doesn't deserve the amount of bashing he gets. No where near the 15-65 coaches that came before him.
Respect and cheers.A.R.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Anyone who doesn't consider how the move affected Fishers final season AND the year before is probably being a little shortsighted.

There was no opportunity for a fast turn around. This was a 3 year rebuild, whose intentions were NEVER really designed to create a winner while in St Louis. Fisher and Snead were tasked with building up the roster.

Dont lie to yourself and think that Kroenke wanted his team to have a good year in st louis. Specifically, a productive and even just slightly fun to watch offense would have been enough to bring fan interest back. Just a little offense and 9-7 finish would have would have been counter productive to Stan Ks ultimate agenda.

Fisher did a whole lot of really good things for this team in his first 3 seasons.

His last 2 years had a very, very different feel than his first few.

Fisher sucked in plenty of ways - but to lay the blame of the Rams sub-mediocrity soley at his door - without ever having to acknowledge or accept that the RAMS Ownership and Mgmt were focused on goals that did not include winning?

Thats either extreme naivety or very selective memory.

The guy, for all of his flaws, loved his players and they loved him. His teams were undisciplined but not uninterested. This year we are enjoying many of the fruits of his labor, right on cue...

Zero

Pro Bowler
Anyone who doesn't consider how the move affected Fishers final season AND the year before is probably being a little shortsighted.
Didn't seem to.His record stayed pretty much on his 20 year average.

There was no opportunity for a fast turn around. This was a 3 year rebuild, whose intentions were NEVER really designed to create a winner while in St Louis. Fisher and Snead were tasked with building up the roster.

They were tasked to build up the roster,because they were starting at almost
expansion caliber personnel.
It had nothing to do with some elaborate design to not be successful in STL.

Dont lie to yourself and think that Kroenke wanted his team to have a good year in st louis. Specifically, a productive and even just slightly fun to watch offense would have been enough to bring fan interest back. Just a little offense and 9-7 finish would have would have been counter productive to Stan Ks ultimate agenda.

Stan may not have wanted his team to be successful during those years,but to say
he,Fisher,Demoff or Snead did things to intentionally sabotage the on field success
of this team is complete Bullshit.

This year we are enjoying many of the fruits of his labor, right on cue...

Right on cue?
Double Bullshit.

If you want to defend Fisher's accomplishments or effectiveness while coaching the Rams,
I am probably going to disagree with you,but I will respect your opinion.
But to say that there was some big scheme design played out by management and or coaches
to intentionally lose games is beyond absurd.
There was no smoking gun,no shooter up on the grassy knoll and
regretfully,there is no leprechaun in the cereal box.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Until the Rams play the Vikings again, count me in on the Case Keenum train. It’s impossible to not pull for a guy like him.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Living in the past

Fisher bashing is old news and only disgruntled people who can't enjoy what we are having now enjoy this kind of BS.

Love McVay and what he has brought, he didn't build this team.

Well I'd dispute all that. Imagine owning a Jaguar for 5 years but it's always in the shop for one stupid thing or another. Then you trade it in for Audi and discover the Audi is an awesome car. The first year or so, you can't help but look back at what a P.O.S the Jaguar was every time the Audi impresses you. It's not living in the past. It's really appreciating the present.

Fisher did a whole lot of really good things for this team in his first 3 seasons.

His last 2 years had a very, very different feel than his first few.

Fisher sucked in plenty of ways - but to lay the blame of the Rams sub-mediocrity soley at his door - without ever having to acknowledge or accept that the RAMS Ownership and Mgmt were focused on goals that did not include winning?

Thats either extreme naivety or very selective memory.

The guy, for all of his flaws, loved his players and they loved him. His teams were undisciplined but not uninterested. This year we are enjoying many of the fruits of his labor, right on cue...

I disagree. I think Fisher was mostly responsible for the Rams performance the last 5 years. Mostly which could be taken any way. 60%, 75%, 90%. I'd pick one of the last two. His offensive philosophy was poor. His ego was too huge to bring in an established OC. I won't even say his offensive free agent acquisitions were terrible because how could anyone really tell with that system? He missed on some pretty important opportunities. GRob and Austin (because even in a creative offense Austin's contributions are limited and his return abilities have been compromised). The Move? Hell, Fisher went through it with the Oilers and some speculated it was a big reason he got the job with the Rams. And Kroenke's desires had very little to do with winning or not. He could have moved the team if they won the Superbowl though it would have been more difficult. Mainly because as arrogant as the powers in charge in St. Louis were, they would have been twice as arrogant had the Rams been successful. Stadium plans? Who needs stadium plans? This team is winning!

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
count me in on the Case Keenum train. It’s impossible to not pull for a guy like him.
Except today they're playing the Carolina Panthers. :D

Wait a minute, we also need the playoff seed.

Down with Case!
Down with Case!
Bust he ass!
Break he leg!

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Nah I'm not gonna root for Case. Vikings need to lose a couple, so does Philly and Seattle. He's deserved what he's done so far, but it's crunch time and I'm no Viking fan.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Well I'd dispute all that. Imagine owning a Jaguar for 5 years but it's always in the shop for one stupid thing or another. Then you trade it in for Audi and discover the Audi is an awesome car. The first year or so, you can't help but look back at what a P.O.S the Jaguar was every time the Audi impresses you. It's not living in the past. It's really appreciating the present.
No it is nothing more than this:deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:

Move on

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
No it is nothing more than this:deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:

Move on
I am for freedom of posting.
Post what you want and if people don't want to read it then don't read it.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Move on
I don’t know how it can ever be beating a dead horse to celebrate the success of our current hc.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Didn't seem to.His record stayed pretty much on his 20 year average.

They were tasked to build up the roster,because they were starting at almost
expansion caliber personnel.
It had nothing to do with some elaborate design to not be successful in STL.

Stan may not have wanted his team to be successful during those years,but to say
he,Fisher,Demoff or Snead did things to intentionally sabotage the on field success
of this team is complete bullcrap.

Right on cue?
Double bullcrap.

If you want to defend Fisher's accomplishments or effectiveness while coaching the Rams,
I am probably going to disagree with you,but I will respect your opinion.
But to say that there was some big scheme design played out by management and or coaches
to intentionally lose games is beyond absurd.
There was no smoking gun,no shooter up on the grassy knoll and
regretfully,there is no leprechaun in the cereal box.

Whoa... you are extrapolating far too much.
Fisher sucked in many ways. Not defending.
Yes, this is right on cue - building a team from the ground up and then bringing in the talent to see it succeed quickly in LA was important.

Lastly, the last year in Stl, and the transition, were difficult on a coach. period.
Kroenke certainly made no effort to be succesful in stl louis in a variety of ways. fact.

I am not suggesting any conspiracy theories that are not supported by what has actually taken place. I apologize if my interpretation of the events are uncomfortable for anyone.
I love the Rams, love this season, love Mcvay am glad Fisher was fired and lastly - I don't think Kroenke is any worse than any cut throat billionaire.

There ya have it.

Zero

Pro Bowler
Kroenke certainly made no effort to be succesful in stl louis in a variety of ways. fact.
Name them.

I am not suggesting any conspiracy theories that are not supported by what has actually taken place.
So which ones are you suggesting?

I apologize if my interpretation of the events are uncomfortable for anyone.
Not uncomfortable at all.I just believe your claims of a conspiracy to lose to be asinine.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Name them.

So which ones are you suggesting?

Not uncomfortable at all.I just believe your claims of a conspiracy to lose to be asinine.

Not to lose...
Just no effort to be A WINNER.

Like it or not, Kroenkes move was accompanied by his assertion that STL did not support the Rams.

Oddly enough, being the worst any team has ever been for over a decade would do that to you.

Hiring Jeff Fisher, whose style of football is not the kind that draws fans.

I dont have to list every example. If you dont know that history, its not my fault.... but here is 1, as a parting gift:
4 YEARS WITHOUT ADDRESSING THE FANS or commenting on his intentions, during which time Demoff made claims that were proven to be (how do I say lies without people getting upset?) ... knowingly and intentionally inaccurate.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I am for freedom of posting.
Post what you want and if people don't want to read it then don't read it.
That is not what this forum is about. The rules are there for everyone who joined this forum, you read it and agreed to it to get in. Ramstalk is the place for this kind of garbage.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I don’t know how it can ever be beating a dead horse to celebrate the success of our current hc.
I would agree with that but that is not what most of this thread has been about.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
That is not what this forum is about. The rules are there for everyone who joined this forum, you read it and agreed to it to get in. Ramstalk is the place for this kind of garbage.
Are you a moderator or are you just like the person above and stating your opinion?

I don't think anybody said anything that violates the terms of posting.
And I think a moderator would mention it if they did.

Zero

Pro Bowler

Very nicely put Param!!

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
No rules have been broken.
And it's not your place to decide what's garbage and what isn't.
Do you know why? Because you're not a mod.
So do us all a favor and quit pretending you are.
If you don't like the subject matter,don't click on the link.It's that simple., Bartholomew!

Ain't nobody movin on either.At least not cause you said so anyway.

Last edited:

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
Are you a moderator or are you just like the person above and stating your opinion?

I don't think anybody said anything that violates the terms of posting.
And I think a moderator would mention it if they did.
No he's not a mod,
But Bartholomew likes to pretend he is everyone's boss from time to time.
Maybe his underwear is a bit tight today.

Status
Not open for further replies.