The ultimate "getting over a BAD GAME thread"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

quebecramfan

Rookie
Please send donations....

Attachments

• Jessica-Jane-Clement-new-19-150x150.jpg
    Jessica-Jane-Clement-new-19-150x150.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 219

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Thanks for the effort, but just not F'ing interested right now.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
It might take a little while for me to get over this one. Not sure why this one hit me so hard, but upon reflection, it probably has a lot to do with getting my (realistic) hopes dashed again. Tired of this team beating itself when they have a hard enough time beating their opponents.

Whatever. What's done is done.

You know what candy is good? Those orange slice things. The ones with the sugar all over the outside.
The worst are those circus peanuts. Those are like hot garbage dipped in rotten maple syrup.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
X said:
It might take a little while for me to get over this one. Not sure why this one hit me so hard, but upon reflection, it probably has a lot to do with getting my (realistic) hopes dashed again. Tired of this team beating itself when they have a hard enough time beating their opponents.

You know what candy is good? Those orange slice things. The ones with the sugar all over the outside.
The worst are those circus peanuts. Those are like hot garbage dipped in rotten maple syrup.

Me too. I couldn't even watch the 2nd game today. I'm barely gettin through the Steeler game. Which BTW the Ravens scored on a PR for a TD...and no call for a block. I was fuming at that.

After the Ram game I took a walk and played Assassin's Creed III. That's a fun game.

Oh and a good candy are the green peppermints. The ones that taste like toothpaste.

bluecoconuts

Legend
X said:

I think because we had to win this game if we wanted to keep any hope of a postseason alive. A game we should have won, but didn't because stupid mistakes again. Not only that but a lack of talent, which is sad given how shitty the Rams have been playing. The media gave the Jets so much lockerroom material, it was just fucking annoying. At least that's how it was for me.

Speaking of orange candy, have you ever had those orange chocolates? They even look like them with the individual wedges, I wanna know how they make them.

Angry Ram said:
After the Ram game I took a walk and played Assassin's Creed III. That's a fun game.

I want to get that game pretty bad, I'm waiting for the holiday's to give my girlfriend something to get me, but it looks awesome. That and GTA V are two games I'm really looking forward to.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
X said:
Tired of this team beating itself when they have a hard enough time beating their opponents.

Bingo... you hit the nail squarely on the head. I said it last week, but the season can't get over soon enough so we can start thinking about what the off-season, free-agency, draft, mini-camps, and pre-season will hold for this team. I think this team is at a point where Fisher and Co. need to start working towards next year and playing the other rookies more and develop their game experience. No need keeping them on the sidelines and continue watching. There is no chance of making the playoffs, so they might as well start working these guys in the rotation more. I would rather that they learn and make mistakes now that the season means nothing more than our draft position.

X said:

Chocolate covered cinnamon bears... WOW!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I used to get Mary Janes for Halloween. They're peanut butter candy that starts out like a rock, but then quickly dissolves with some sort of peanut butter faux concoction in the middle. Those were the bomb and I haven't seen them around in a long, long time.

And to the people who gave boxes of raisins and pennies...

Uh, go fuck yourself.

Again.

X said:
I used to get Mary Janes for Halloween. They're peanut butter candy that starts out like a rock, but then quickly dissolves with some sort of peanut butter faux concoction in the middle. Those were the bomb and I haven't seen them around in a long, long time.

Uh, go freak yourself.

Again.

Here ya go.
http://www.oldtimecandy.com/mary-janes-pegbag.htm

stan

Rookie
X said:
ShotgunShells said:
That's the shyte right there. Ima buy a bag of those.

I'll bet they'll taste nothing like I remember though. We're talking 30+ years ago.

I remember MJs and there are different kinds. The newer stuff has a sweeter taste whereas the older kind that I remember had slight molassas flavor before you got to the peanut butterish taffee.

Raisins always sucked but it depended upon the pennies given. An old guy three neighborhoods away always gave 5 wheat pennies. I used to trade crap candy for the 5 pennies to fill up penny collecting books. Turned out pretty well.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
X said:

Uh, go fuck yourself.

Again.

My first wife had an aunt named Mary Jane, she was named that because her mother had given my x's father the privilege of naming his baby sister and he named her after his favorite candy.

My x mother in law who I MISS to this day always said, "she's lucky he didn't like Snickers". :tooth:

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
I expected this young team to have its ups and downs. Losing to a team everybody says you should beat is something that a young group tends to do. More disappointed in the gameplan and being out-coached by porky.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
SaneRamsFan said:
I expected this young team to have its ups and downs. Losing to a team everybody says you should beat is something that a young group tends to do. More disappointed in the gameplan and being out-coached by porky.
Yeah.

Just ... yeah. :boohoo:

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
Guys. I apologize. It's apparent to me now, that it's my fault the Rams played so poorly yesterday. I've watched every game the Rams have played (live) except for two... the Patriots game and yesterday's Jets game. After the Patriots game I thought it was a fluke that they played so poorly and that I was unable to watch. Now, after yesterday's debacle, I know I have to watch every game live, or we won't play well.

stan

Rookie
iBruce said:
Guys. I apologize. It's apparent to me now, that it's my fault the Rams played so poorly yesterday. I've watched every game the Rams have played (live) except for two... the Patriots game and yesterday's Jets game. After the Patriots game I thought it was a fluke that they played so poorly and that I was unable to watch. Now, after yesterday's debacle, I know I have to watch every game live, or we won't play well.

You're forgiven.

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
stan said:
iBruce said:

You're forgiven.

Thank you sir. I won't let it happen again. And I'll be there in person in 2 weeks for the SF game, just to make sure the football gods know I'm watching.