The true source of Hitler's rage discovered?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Schmaltz (also spelled schmalz or shmalz) is rendered (clarified) chicken or goose fat used for frying or as a spread on bread in Central European cuisine, and in the United States, particularly identified with Ashkenazi Jewish cuisine.

The English term "schmaltz" is derived from Yiddish, and is cognate with the German term Schmalz, meaning "rendered animal fat", regardless of source—both tallow and lard are considered forms of Schmalz in German, as is clarified butter.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schmaltz

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Hitler was Austrian not German but their diet was probably just as bad.

And Vienna is the Capital of Austria

That explains a lot!!!

image.jpg

fearsomefour

Legend
Lard is awesome. Not too sure about the bacon grease as a food group thing but I love using real lard in cooking.
Lard is not as bad as people think health wise.
You could just cook all your food in water and avoid fat, but, that also avoids flavor.
Vegetable oil an be a carcinogen when it reaches its smoking point....margarine, well, I guess you could that to lube machine parts.
Our old relatives who cooked with lard and used butter were on to something.

fearsomefour

Legend
My grandfather used to save the fat drippings from bacon and then ate it cold after pouring salt on it.
Nice.
My grandfather used to warm the bacon dripping just so they were warm and spread it on bread as part of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Hitler having to squat to take a leak all his entire life somehow makes me smile.