The Tree experiment at MLB might end up being genius?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Debacled

Starter
But but but Ogletree made that game saving hit 9 yards down field!

Apples and oranges I know, just crazy how people can change their opinions on players around here at the flip of a coin. Heck there were plenty of people calling the move a bust just a week ago after the SF game. (So much knee jerking).

I saw a defensive line absolutely blowing things up yesterday. Credit still goes to the rest of the team, but the line was definitely facilitating rather than receiving. Tackles are a weird stat, and cool and all but don't really do a good job of telling the story of what happened in a game. For example there were 7 TFLs sunday for the Rams (according to ESPN, there are different stats everywhere) and Tree was responsible for only one of those. The secondary (hello blitzing) combined for 2 and the line accounted for the other 4.

There are going to be growing pains, and I still think Ogletree is better suited to the outside. Not saying he isn't good in the middle, but its not like the man is going to fix all the problems from last season just because he slid over a spot on the D.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
But but but Ogletree made that game saving hit 9 yards down field!

Apples and oranges I know, just crazy how people can change their opinions on players around here at the flip of a coin. Heck there were plenty of people calling the move a bust just a week ago after the SF game. (So much knee jerking).

I saw a defensive line absolutely blowing things up yesterday. Credit still goes to the rest of the team, but the line was definitely facilitating rather than receiving. Tackles are a weird stat, and cool and all but don't really do a good job of telling the story of what happened in a game. For example there were 7 TFLs sunday for the Rams (according to ESPN, there are different stats everywhere) and Tree was responsible for only one of those. The secondary (hello blitzing) combined for 2 and the line accounted for the other 4.

There are going to be growing pains, and I still think Ogletree is better suited to the outside. Not saying he isn't good in the middle, but its not like the man is going to fix all the problems from last season just because he slid over a spot on the D.

I do not know of any member thinking that Ogletree was an instant fix to our issues @ run defense last season. In the majority if not all other NFL defenses yes Ogletree would be a better OLB'er so I would share your thought there but in this defense....where the DC play's only O N E legit LB'er on the field of play for every defensive down the Rams play....Hell of a job Tree!:bow:

Yes the DB's are going to share in those tackles. pressures & sacks because we have normally SIX (6) of them on the starting defense...more than half if I could count right :huh:. There is a reason that Fisher & Snead are paying big (over 30 mil in 2016 alone for our top 5 Dl'ers) to have five #1 picks in the front DL to do the heavy lifting so the flyweights can do the clean up action.

So you have to have defenders behind our DL that can get & fill those holes fast. JL, Ayers, Lynch, Dunbar were not quick or fast enough for Gregg Williams so he went with strong safeties types like Barron, Mc Donald, Alexander & even Joyner to fulfill that need along with Ogletree (who was a safety in college for a few early years)

Last edited: