The trade is a Done Deal!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Glazer Via Schefter

Washington Redskins traded three first-round draft picks and a second-round pick to St. Louis for second overall pick

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
PFT:

Glazer: Rams, Redskins strike deal for No. 2 pick
Posted by Mike Florio on March 9, 2012, 10:29 PM EST

The Dolphins had better offer Peyton Manning more money, because their Plan B has now evaporated.

Jay Glazer of FOX Sports reports that the Rams and the Redskins have agreed to terms on a deal that will send the second overall pick in the 2012 draft to Washington. The Redskins undoubtedly will pick quarterback Robert Griffin III. (Or, at the very worst, Andrew Luck.)

Glazer says that the team will swap first-round picks in 2012, with St. Louis taking the No. 6 pick. The Rams also get two future first-round picks and additional selections, one of which is believed to be a second-rounder.

The trade can’t be finalized until the new league year begins on Tuesday at 4:00 p.m. ET.

:omg: :omg: :omg:

:cheese: :cheese: :cheese:

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Whoop there it is. Or is it?

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Ok there is a little disagreement.

Glazer says the 2nd rounder is a future pick and JT is reporting its this years.

steferfootball

Starter
I was happily watching the Mizzou game, and Saw Breaking news on the ESPN ticker.

"Could it be?" I thought to myself.

In a flurry I saw the words "Washington", "St. Louis", and "2nd Overall draft pick".

I then saw "3 first round draft picks"...I jumped up into the air, ran to my room with my computer then found out there was a second in there as well.

This is a terrible deal for the redskins. This will set them back at least 5 years, possibly more. Now we just have to manage these draft picks the right way. Lets not repeat 2001 again. :(

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Please ignore the thud that you hear. That's just me fainting out of shock.

I can't believe the Redskins are this stupid.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
steferfootball said:
I was happily watching the Mizzou game, and Saw Breaking news on the ESPN ticker.

"Could it be?" I thought to myself.

In a flurry I saw the words "Washington", "St. Louis", and "2nd Overall draft pick".

I then saw "3 first round draft picks"...I jumped up into the air, ran to my room with my computer then found out there was a second in there as well.

This is a terrible deal for the redskins. This will set them back at least 5 years, possibly more. Now we just have to manage these draft picks the right way. Lets not repeat 2001 again. :(

Dude Im stoked outta my mind right now. This is a GREAT deal for us. Its a gamechanger

Evan Silva doesnt seam to think its an awful deal for the Skins. Primarily because of the cap room theyre expected to have. He thinks they will now fill in their roster with complementary pieces now that they have their QB

steferfootball

Starter
Lol.

The best part is that the Redskins are gonna suck, so those will be high Draft picks. They are kinda setting RGII up to fail. For his sake I hope they set him up with talent better than we did with Bradford.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Memento said:
Please ignore the thud that you hear. That's just me fainting out of shock.

I can't believe the Redskins are this stupid.
Yes you can. It's Snyyyyyyyyyyyderrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

And HELL TO THE YEAH, BABY!

(please, please, please, Griffin -- don't get in a car accident or anything).

steferfootball

Starter
I just read this. No source, but here it is:

future first-round picks as well as additional draft picks, one of which is believed to be a second-rounder, sources said.

Possibly more than just a second rounder?

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Ok so I just looked at a Redskins forum...........

Id say 90% love the deal. :LOLLLL:

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Bernie:
According to @JasonLaCanfora Rams get 6th overall, a 2012 2nd-R pick and 1st-R picks in '13 and '14 from Skins for No. 2 overall.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Hahahaha fuck yessssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!! I guess you can say we're even for them snagging OJ now. :boing:

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
So basically the next 3 years were gnna have 2 1st each year and I guess another 2nd I hope Washington Fukin horrible the next 2 seasons