The toll from Las Vegas shooting keeps getting worse

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
This is so horrible how do you even put it in words.

One of the people interviewed said the shooting went on for about 10 minutes, can you imagine.......holy shit.

I saw a photo/map of the hotel and the area where the concert was and it was a clear line of sight for this psychopath with nowhere for people to hide.

58 dead and over 500 injured.

What a terrible, terrible tragedy.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just awful and I hope anyone that's from Vegas and posts on here are fine and have not been caught up in this?

Last edited:

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
This is so horrible how do you even put it in words.

Very true Les. I'm listening to the story as it unfolds and more detailed info comes out, and it's like you said, I have no words.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Very true Les. I'm listening to the story as it unfolds and more detailed info comes out, and it's like you said, I have no words.

I thought of you when I posted that but didn't want to ask because I was thinking "what if". I was thinking there was a chance you knew someone that went to the show.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Prayers to all those suffering, and for healing to those fighting for their lives.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
The more I hear audio of the shooter, the more I think it was more than an AR. Almost sounds like drum or belt-fed. That was a shit ton of bullets right in a row.

@bluecoconuts, did you hear it?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Section of town here in Reno is apparently closed off as they search his house up here now too.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
My daughter was there. She said a couple people next to her got hit. I'm a very small fraction of an inch from having lost my daughter... I'm still hoping that I'm just having a horrible nightmare and will wake up soon...

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
Wow had the last few days off and haven't seen nothing and found out about it here on ROD.This is just sad. So crazy and pathetic people do this.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
There are fucked up people in the world. How do we defend ourselves against them? I don't know that we can... we can just comfort one another when things like this happen and do our best to be good people who influence the people around us to strive for the same.

fearsomefour

Legend
My daughter was there. She said a couple people next to her got hit. I'm a very small fraction of an inch from having lost my daughter... I'm still hoping that I'm just having a horrible nightmare and will wake up soon...
My son had a friend there too and a lady I work with has a friends who daughter was shot. Hanging on so far. Horrible crap.
Only one way to avoid it and that's not go anywhere, not much a way to live though.

bluecoconuts

Legend
The more I hear audio of the shooter, the more I think it was more than an AR. Almost sounds like drum or belt-fed. That was a crap ton of bullets right in a row.

@bluecoconuts, did you hear it?

Yeah, it was an AR with a bum-fire/slide-fire stock from an elevated position. You can tell by the echo that it came from above and was a 5.56 rifle, the inconsistency in the shots as well as cyclic rate says he had a slide-fire stock on there to increase the speed.

filed the sear pin, full auto
train

Shouldn't have a sear pin for an AR, that's only on government models that are capable of full auto. The shots would have been faster and it would have made it so the gun was just runaway, one trigger pull and the magazine empties since the sear no longer catches. It was a legal modification that increases the speed of shooting, but not technically full auto since the trigger technically depresses and resets each time. However with modification you can reduce the weight and pull to make it so the recoil will work with you to increase the shots. Used to see it all the time at the range, typically by idiots who thought it was cool even though it's just a waste of money and ammo.

He probably would have gotten a lot more people had he kept it semi auto with a lighter trigger as he would have maintained more control.

It'll be really interesting to figure out the motivation behind it all. I'm obviously not going to comment on it as we don't know much of anything so far, but it all very tragic. I hope the people of Las Vegas, and all over (many of the people at the concert were traveling from the LA area, and I have some friends who knew people there) are able to recover and we can figure out what caused that flip to switch for this guy.

Quite sad though, really sucks that this is becoming more and more common. Unfortunately now it seems that everyone is getting the bright idea to load up and be a fucking asshole.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Just amazingly evil. I don't know what else can be said about something like this.

Thanks for the explanation Blue.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I literally cried when I heard of this. These people were just going to a concert. They were just having fun with no hatred in their hearts. And then some motherfucker decides to shoot them from distance, like a coward.

The only bright spot is that he killed himself. No trial, and he's going to find out that the afterlife won't be kind to him.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Obviously, it's a terrible situation and you can't even begin to describe this with words. Special respect to the police and law enforcement for doing an AMAZING job in minimizing this the best they could. The mainstream is so quick to jump on the police but when things like this happen, they get NO respect.

I do have a very cynical view on the aftermath of events like this, because it's really the same cycle each and every time something like this occurs:

1. Tragedy happens, whether natural disaster or caused by scum.

2. Everyone will update their status on Facebook and/or Tweet the EXACT same thing (you know what it is).

3. Celebrities and social justice warriors will blame the President. Doesn't matter who it is. Happened with the previous administration, the one before that one, and the current one. Yeah, that'll solve things.

4. Families of the lives lost will mourn and pay their respects to the ones they lost, and those that survived will never forget this horror. The social justice warriors, meanwhile will continue to blame the President and politicize it. For a few days, then they will move on and forget.

5. The warriors will continue to scream at the guy in the White House on, yup, social media. Not realizing THESE are real issues that need to be protested. Actual protests, not just updating your social media or posting pictures of yourself.

You can't even begin to tackle these sorts of issues when the people don't have their priorities in order.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I thought it was a machine gun when I first heard the video, bullets are just streaming into the crowd.

Like @bluecoconuts I'm waiting to hear what drove this to happen.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
This video will not last. Sounds to me there are 2 different firing locations, and multiple shooters.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I just found out, late last night, one of my neice's was at the concert with some friends, and one of her friend got shot! She is alive though, thank God! I sure would like to know the motive behind this A$$hole!
From the sound of the report of the weapon, in the video I've seen, It sounds like a Machine-Gun! Maybe an M-60!?!