The Technology in Star Trek

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

oldnotdead

Legend
First there was there com device which the flip phone seemed to mimick. They walked around with computer pads long before the iPad. Wireless connectivity is normal in Star Trek when it was virtually unknown to the general public. The list goes on and on.

But perhaps the most interesting is transparent aluminum. It is real, as it's a combination of powdered aluminum, powdered oxygen and nitrogen. About an inch of it can stop a .50 caliber bullet when 6" of armored glass can't stop a .50 cal round. It's just a matter of getting the production price down and I think that will be done as well.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DduO1fNzV4w

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Awsome vid.
To think that transparent aluminum could replace glass is a very real possibility. (At least for certain applications)

1.5 inches will stop a 50 cal? wow!

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That is amazing. Truly hope the need drives down the cost. My cell phones and iPads would appreciate it.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd like the ability to do the Vulcan Mind Meld. It's only logical...

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Beam me to Thailand please.