The TD Drive (Video)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

A55VA6

Legend
The Austin drop was catchable but man that's a tough catch that players really don't make often. I don't think it's much to worry about at all lol

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
A55VA6 said:
The Austin drop was catchable but man that's a tough catch that players really don't make often. I don't think it's much to worry about at all lol
I disagree, it was a very catchable ball, it just ate him up. He has to get used to Sam's game ball that's all. That catch is hard if it's behind you, but that pass was beautiful and exactly where it needed to be.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
DR RAM said:
A55VA6 said:
I disagree, it was a very catchable ball, it just ate him up. He has to get used to Sam's game ball that's all. That catch is hard if it's behind you, but that pass was beautiful and exactly where it needed to be.
I felt that way too. Fisher came out today(press conference thread) and echoed that.

Good point about Tavon getting used to Sam's throws. I would imagine his gameday balls come a little faster than the balls Tavon sees in practice.(insert testicle joke here).

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
DR RAM said:
A55VA6 said:

Bradford does have a rep for putting some mustard on it so you're point there is a good one.

That ball was in the right spot and a big part of the reason he doesn't get it is the LB got to his arm right as the ball did and pulls it away. Truth is that was one excellent defensive play.

Watch again......the moment the ball arrives in Austins hands look at his left arm.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Sure looks to me like his left arm is being pulled down. Not sure how he makes that one handed. Just a tough catch IMO.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
LesBaker said:
DR RAM said:
A55VA6 said:

Bradford does have a rep for putting some mustard on it so you're point there is a good one.

That ball was in the right spot and a big part of the reason he doesn't get it is the LB got to his arm right as the ball did and pulls it away. Truth is that was one excellent defensive play.

Watch again......the moment the ball arrives in Austins hands look at his left arm.
I've watched it a lot of times, when I can see it bigger, I may re-visit it, and it looks like he may have been touched, but I can also see the ball ricochet off of Austin's hands.

It was a good defensive play that he was even with Tavon.

Fisher thought he should have made it.

I think the ball got on him faster than he expected when I watch it.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
DR RAM said:
LesBaker said:
DR RAM said:
A55VA6 said:

I've watched it a lot of times, when I can see it bigger, I may re-visit it, and it looks like he may have been touched, but I can also see the ball ricochet off of Austin's hands.

It was a good defensive play that he was even with Tavon.

Fisher thought he should have made it.

I think the ball got on him faster than he expected when I watch it.

You'll see if you re-watch and click to stop the vid. The guy gets on Austins arm just as the ball arrives.......one outstanding play on the defenders part. This will go on the stat sheet as a drop unless someone takes a close look and sees that half a second where Austins arm gets pulled away.

Stop it at 40 seconds.

This is why Austin was looking for a flag.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
The more pertinent question is ... how did a LB even stay in stride with Tavon?

bluecoconuts

Legend
Tavon didn't cut, he just kind of rounded around him. Probably part of the super vanilla stuff, or at least I hope so.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
bluecoconuts said:
Tavon didn't cut, he just kind of rounded around him. Probably part of the super vanilla stuff, or at least I hope so.
Yeah, I was wondering the same thing, it wasn't even really a speed out, just kind of a bend.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
You'll see if you re-watch and click to stop the vid. The guy gets on Austins arm just as the ball arrives.......one outstanding play on the defenders part. This will go on the stat sheet as a drop unless someone takes a close look and sees that half a second where Austins arm gets pulled away.

[hilite]Stop it at 40 seconds.[/hilite]

Did that.

I really don't disagree with any of that, and I will watch it proper in HD on a big screen. I was a receiver, and have coached the position, so I may be over critical, but...

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
DR RAM said:
bluecoconuts said:
Yeah, I was wondering the same thing, it wasn't even really a speed out, just kind of a bend.
The LB was man on man,but Bradford was pressured and released it too soon under duress. Tavon wasn't really open...yet. Catchable ball IMO,but a nice play by the LB and the pass rush.

Shelley Smith had no clue what was going on with that blitz or who to block.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
DR RAM said:

[hilite]Stop it at 40 seconds.[/hilite]

Did that.

I really don't disagree with any of that, and I will watch it proper in HD on a big screen. I was a receiver, and have coached the position, so I may be over critical, but...

It was one of those bang-bang plays and looking at it again it is possible he got his shoulder yanked a bit before the ball got there.

He's not going to be able to do much there against a LB. Austin is not a big guy and in that situation, which is going to happen about 5 more times in his entire career, and he is going to get the short end of the deal.

Bradford deserves credit on the pass and holding the ball as long as he did. He didn't have a split second more to wait and delivered a pass on the money at the last possible moment he could.