The "Take What's Left" Strategy

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
In some of my recent mocks on first-pick.com, I've found myself thinking that if the Rams will be happy to come out of this draft with either Robinson, Matthews or Watkins, why not trade down to somewhere in the #5-#9 range, and between other teams taking the big 3 QBs, Clowney, Mack, sometimes Ealy and rarely an oddball pick (saw Taylor Lewan go #1 one draft, and there's always at least one pick out of left field early on) take whoever is left out of those three?

In other words, if Watkins and Robinson are both gone, happily take Matthews, count yourself a winner and enjoy the extra picks. Or re-arrange names for other possibilities.

Anyone else on board with this?

tbux

Rookie
My three are Watkins, Robinson, and Matthews- hope we get one of them. I agree 100% on trade down- no matter what we get- do it. On the other site- I had as my signature my dream scenario:

trade down to 4-6 and take Watkins, then trade up from 13 with the extra picks we got and trade up to get Robinson or Matthews. That would be insane.

VFerragamo

Cagey Veteran
Hate to say it but after today we're a whole lot more than a receiver and an OL away from competing. I'm all for trading down (would actually be in favor of doing it with both #2 and #13) but only so we can stockpile as many of the top 50 picks as possible and address OG and FS at the top of the second round.

If we play this right I see plausible scenarios which leave us with 5 of the top 50 picks and give us a ton of optionality to fill our ever expanding holes...

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
Absolutely Boffo!! My thoughts exactly. With day 1 of FA done without any major upgrades to the OL, happy to end up with either Matthews or Robinson. If it ends up being Watkins, great. And we will have extra picks to come back up if we see fit. Greater flexibility means many more options open to us.