The stats show remarkable Jamon Browns turnaround has been

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

lockdnram21

Legend
http://theramswire.usatoday.com/2017/11/13/nfl-los-angeles-rams-jamon-brown-stats-offensive-line/

Cameron DaSilva | 8 hours ago

Before the season began, it was unclear how the right side of the Rams’ offensive line would shake out. Rob Havenstein had experience at both guard and tackle, while Jamon Brown played all across the offensive line in 2016.

Sean McVay dabbled with each player lining up at both right guard and right tackle throughout training camp, but it became evident that Brown was best suited inside with Havenstein on the edge.

Rams PFF grades: Donald, Brockers lead dominant defensive performance

After the first five weeks of the season, there were some doubting Brown’s ability to play right guard for the Rams. While he was doing well as a run blocker, he struggled mightily in pass protection.

According to Pro Football Focus, no guard allowed more pressures than Brown in the first five games. Since then, he’s turned into one of the best guards in the NFL over the course of the past five weeks.

Brown’s elevated play has made the offensive line as a whole much better. He hasn’t allowed a single sack all season and has been called for holding only once. He’s played a big role in keeping Jared Goff upright with the team only allowing 13 sacks all season.

If he can continue this hot streak, the Rams’ offensive line could finish the year as one of the best units in all of football. Quite the difference a year makes.

View: https://twitter.com/PFF_Zoltan/status/930098791352602630

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Who was it that said Brown would be a pro bowl player in time or something like that? Fisher? Just remember reading something like that.

Brown has certainty proved many of us wrong and I am glad.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Like I said, he's the biggest surprise of the year. He was benched last year for turnstiles.(which says a lot about how he was struggling) Many of us thought he was a major liability coming into the year. But I've barely heard his name called all year. When you're an OL, that means you're playing quality football.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Who was it that said Brown would be a pro bowl player in time or something like that? Fisher? Just remember reading something like that.

It does make you wonder Tronie....what the hell happened to Fisher? I mean, he knows talent....especially defensive.
was he so stuck in his ways or was this his last attempt at getting his guys jobs in the league? why not just fire Boudreau??? What the hell was the Boras and Cignetti thing? Still puzzling to me...

TexasRam

Legend
To say that he struggled mightily in his first 5 games doesn’t match what I saw.

Whoever is compiling the stats and calling him for pressures must have a bad definition for pressure.

Either way, water under the bridge.

How he is playing today vs the prior years is key to the Rams rise

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
It does make you wonder Tronie....what the hell happened to Fisher? I mean, he knows talent....especially defensive.
was he so stuck in his ways or was this his last attempt at getting his guys jobs in the league? why not just fire Boudreau??? What the hell was the Boras and Cignetti thing? Still puzzling to me...

He's just incompetent on the offensive side of the ball; had he hired Hue Jackson or Ken Whisenhunt instead of Brian Schottenheimer, the offense would've been respectable with the roster we had back then. Instead, he wanted a "yes man" to follow his pathetic ball-control philosophy.

At least McVay is willing to get input in fields he's unfamiliar with (i.e. hiring Wade Phillips to manage the defense)

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
http://theramswire.usatoday.com/2017/11/13/nfl-los-angeles-rams-jamon-brown-stats-offensive-line/

Cameron DaSilva | 8 hours ago

Before the season began, it was unclear how the right side of the Rams’ offensive line would shake out. Rob Havenstein had experience at both guard and tackle, while Jamon Brown played all across the offensive line in 2016.

Sean McVay dabbled with each player lining up at both right guard and right tackle throughout training camp, but it became evident that Brown was best suited inside with Havenstein on the edge.

Rams PFF grades: Donald, Brockers lead dominant defensive performance

After the first five weeks of the season, there were some doubting Brown’s ability to play right guard for the Rams. While he was doing well as a run blocker, he struggled mightily in pass protection.

According to Pro Football Focus, no guard allowed more pressures than Brown in the first five games. Since then, he’s turned into one of the best guards in the NFL over the course of the past five weeks.

Brown’s elevated play has made the offensive line as a whole much better. He hasn’t allowed a single sack all season and has been called for holding only once. He’s played a big role in keeping Jared Goff upright with the team only allowing 13 sacks all season.

If he can continue this hot streak, the Rams’ offensive line could finish the year as one of the best units in all of football. Quite the difference a year makes.

View: https://twitter.com/PFF_Zoltan/status/930098791352602630

@bubbaramfan

This is for you! You called it!

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Yea I did, and so did 32. I told Vet at TC all Brown needed was reps and keep the same guys next to him.:yess:

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!

Yes it was Fisher. Said he would be a Pro Bowler. Little did he know it wasn't with the shitty O Line coach he had that made him into one potentially! Kromer is a baaaaad baaaaad dude!

fearsomefour

Legend
Like I said, he's the biggest surprise of the year. He was benched last year for turnstiles.(which says a lot about how he was struggling) Many of us thought he was a major liability coming into the year. But I've barely heard his name called all year. When you're an OL, that means you're playing quality football.
His turn around has been profound. I think ranking is inflated however. He has been good in the run game over all. Pass blocking was still not great but has improved. As recently as the Jags game he was beaten by rushers. Of the Rams pressures on Sunday as many were caused by scheme (Clowney vs Higbee or Kupp) or Goff holding the ball.
Brown has improved across the board, but, his pass blocking is still a work in progress I think. When he came out the hype was pro bowl....and he was bad. His grabbing a line slot by default had me rolling my eyes and there was plenty early to roll ones eyes at.
But, he has been steadily progressing week to week. A sure sign of good coaching and a hard working pupil. Man it would be great to just set that right side for the next 7 or whatever years and not worry about it. He may have pro bowl in him yet.
Very happy about his progress....one holding call? Awesome.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

Yep, Fisher said it. He just forgot to to give Brown some NFL level coaching. Imagine that. A college Olinemen playing in a spread offense needing coached up in a pro set. Crazy. (n)

He loved having his buddies at his side. I imagine he felt like a hero offering Boudreau and Schotty etc..jobs. Thing is, when you hire your buddies it is tough to show them the door, when they aren't getting the job done. For Huggybear Fisher, firing a friend would be Damn near impossible.

Boudreau was never good at coaching OLine under Fisher, but the last year he was exceptionally bad. I think his wife was sick or something like that was affecting his home life. He seemed to have stopped coaching per some campers. Under that circumstance , Fisher would have felt like a total ass showing Lou the door.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Yeah Fish called that right away in Brown's rookie training camp, maybe even OTAs. He was a Fisher type OL, big as F and nice ceiling for power. For all the flak Fish gets, deservedly too, he did do some good things and draft some pieces that enabled the quick turnaround this season.

I got nothin against Fish. He failed due to his offensive staff hires plain and simple. That and bad luck with Sam's injuries during the "power years" of his roster install. And the dude is going to pay big time for it with his stock in the cellar for the way McVay has turned it all around.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Yeah Fish called that right away in Brown's rookie training camp, maybe even OTAs. He was a Fisher type OL, big as F and nice ceiling for power. For all the flak Fish gets, deservedly too, he did do some good things and draft some pieces that enabled the quick turnaround this season.

I got nothin against Fish. He failed due to his offensive staff hires plain and simple. That and bad luck with Sam's injuries during the "power years" of his roster install. And the dude is going to pay big time for it with his stock in the cellar for the way McVay has turned it all around.

I think he is a control freak that loves to take credit. He gloated when things went well. He stammered when they went bad. He knew nothing about offense but never would admit it. Maybe he felt it was admitting a weakness. He would never relinquish control of the offense to a qualified coordinator that had recent success. It was his downfall. I wish he would have picked a good OF and ran the defense. I liked his defense when he took the reins from that Detroit coach and was helping Williams son with it.

Psycho_X

Legend
His rookie year I thought he was showing huge promise and so was Havenstein. Than Brown got injured and 2016 happened and they both just looked awful. Glad to see them getting the proper coaching again.

I don't think it can be said enough though how much McVay's system and play calling has made EVERYONE on the offense better. 2016 was thee most predictable, awfully designed offensive system I've ever witnessed watching football on any level. When the other defense knows what you are going to do 100% of the time and none of your play designs try to misdirect or exploit anything you are setting up everyone for failure. Now, defenses have no idea what we are going to do... it gives the entire offense a split second edge to beat their man... and in the NFL that's all you need.

TLDR: Coaching and play calling makes a huge difference