The Sports Hub with Jim Thomas (KMOX)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

News Bot

01001000 01101001
Name
News Bot
KMOX and Post Dispatch Rams Insider Jim Thomas joined Maurice Drummond to talk all things football,
including Stephen Jackson’s free agency and the upcoming NFL Draft.

[rp3]http://cbsstlouis.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/jthomas2-27.mp3[/rp3]
<a class="postlink" href="http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/?podcast_url=http%3A%2F%2Fcbsstlouis.files.wordpress.com%2F2013%2F02%2Fjthomas2-27.mp3&podcast_name=Sports+Hub&podcast_artist=Maurice+Drummond&station_id=&audio_link=true&config_file=config.xml&dcid=CBS.STL" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/?podcast_ur ... id=CBS.STL</a>

DOWNLOAD

nighttrain

Legend
interesting, but nothing new except Austin, this is the first time i've heard from an insider, Thomas, that mighty mite was actually on the Rams Radar.. And if we do take him, i'm betting no more DA..train

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
nighttrain said:
interesting, but nothing new except Austin, this is the first time i've heard from an insider, Thomas, that mighty mite was actually on the Rams Radar.. And if we do take him, i'm betting no more DA..train
Yeah, I have to wonder how Thomas knows that Austin is "on their radar." I mean, I'm sure they scouted him, and I'm sure everyone knows that the Rams need receivers, so ... yeah. OBVIOUSLY he's on their radar. As are probably 5 or 6 other receivers.

nighttrain

Legend
X said:
nighttrain said:
Yeah, I have to wonder how Thomas knows that Austin is "on their radar." I mean, I'm sure they scouted him, and I'm sure everyone knows that the Rams need receivers, so ... yeah. OBVIOUSLY he's on their radar. As are probably 5 or 6 other receivers.

just like i said, first time i've actually heard it mentioned, Thomas i think would be a person that talks w/Fish/Snead..
train

jap

Legend
nighttrain said:
X said:
nighttrain said:

just like i said, first time i've actually heard it mentioned, Thomas i think would be a person that talks w/Fish/Snead..
train

Thomas also knows the ins & outs on who the team does not mind him name dropping as opposed to who they DO mind. He has usually been pretty discrete with the Rams in that regard.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
If the Brian Quick experience taught us nothing else,it should have taught us Fisher isn't gonna tip his hand in any way, IMO Thomas took factors and combined them to conclude the obvious.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Thordaddy said:
If the Brian Quick experience taught us nothing else,it should have taught us Fisher isn't gonna tip his hand in any way, IMO Thomas took factors and combined them to conclude the obvious.

Yes.

If anything, names that we hear are probably NOT on our radar. Why would the Rams let something like that out?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
It HAS to be conjecture. Even if (a big if BTW) the Rams let it slip to Thomas that they were targeting Austin, I really doubt Jim would say anything based on it. It appears that he does indeed have an inside track at times. I think we all saw it during FA last season. He may hint at positions they are about to deal with but he never gives the real details until a deal is done. To do so would end any inside track he may have.