The Snead/Fisher dynamic is an interesting one, huh?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And to think I used to not believe this whole 'LALA Land' thing when I'd hear people from almost anywhere else in the world use it to describe the general LA mentality. Boy, was I naive.
Working hard to create an argument here eh?
And BTW, I'm from New Jersey so the narrative doesn't fit.
Keep tryin though!

Rams43

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
This thread has kinda morphed, huh?

In my OP I was not intending to bash Fisher.

My intention was to separate the differences in responsibilities of Snead and Fisher.

And to point out that Demoff knows exactly who has proved to be more responsible in each and every player personnel decision under this regime. To know whether one or the other has been significantly more accurate in making those decisions, bearing in mind that the players to be acquired had to be 'Fisher type" players in the first place.

It's possible that Fisher's decisions have been the better ones if it came down to tiebreakers.

It's also possible that Snead's "tiebreaker" decisions were much better.

Or it could prove to have been a push.

Myself, I'm leaning in favor of Snead. I doubt that Fisher was heavily involved with the later round picks, and certainly not the UDFA's.

But no one other than Demoff really knows.

I'll say this once again. If the Rams fail to post a winning season in '16, and Fisher is released but Snead is retained, that would give us our general answer.

FrankenRam

Starter
Working hard to create an argument here eh?
.....QUOTE]

Hi, Pot! Meet Kettle!

Funny how nobody said a word to you, but you felt the need to jump into the fray and criticize my assertion that maybe, just maybe anointing Goff as a success before he'd ever played a single down was a little off. But I'm the one working to make an argument.

Good golly.., I can't wait to hear how you attempt to twist the conversation next.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
These back handed dump Fisher threads always crack me up.

Snead is great because someone thinks the talent the team has now was all about him there is little or no credit given to the rest of the team. Scouting department isn't even mentioned.

And, when it comes to the team record we FINALLY have our savior at QB who hasn't played a down but that doesn't matter.

Fisher though, he's at the end of the rope after having 32nd rank QB play and in spite of that been 1 game from winning the division, has broken the losing string at Seaderall with that "garbage" at QB and that ancient mindset that defense and a power game has been left in the dust by the league. If the savior doesn't play well and the team misses the playoffs then what Fisher doesn't get another couple of years to develop the talent that they've acquired?What if Goff isn't ready to play and he gets benched and the Rams still get a wild card? What if Ogletree can't handle his new responsibilities and the defense slips is Williams still worth keeping? Or was that Snead that decided not to keep old what his name?

I know its the off season but can we at least wait to see a couple of preseason games before you start throw Fisher out?:rolllaugh:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
This thread has kinda morphed, huh?

In my OP I was not intending to bash Fisher.

My intention was to separate the differences in responsibilities of Snead and Fisher.

And to point out that Demoff knows exactly who has proved to be more responsible in each and every player personnel decision under this regime. To know whether one or the other has been significantly more accurate in making those decisions, bearing in mind that the players to be acquired had to be 'Fisher type" players in the first place.

It's possible that Fisher's decisions have been the better ones if it came down to tiebreakers.

It's also possible that Snead's "tiebreaker" decisions were much better.

Or it could prove to have been a push.

Myself, I'm leaning in favor of Snead. I doubt that Fisher was heavily involved with the later round picks, and certainly not the UDFA's.

But no one other than Demoff really knows.

I'll say this once again. If the Rams fail to post a winning season in '16, and Fisher is released but Snead is retained, that would give us our general answer.
I don't think it would be incumbent upon Demoff to make a decision or take action if there was a change to be made. Demoff is part of the triumvirate now, and is just as tied to the way the team is being shaped as Snead and Fisher are (IMO). If a change had to be made, I think that's coming directly from Kroenke, and he might even decide to go scorched earth. But in my opinion, none of these guys are going anywhere for the foreseeable future. Not as long as they're always competitive and Kroenke has a good relationship with them (which he does). Firing Fisher from football is kind of seen like firing Morgan Freeman from Hollywood. It's just not something any Owner would want to do.

That aside, I think Snead is more involved in stacking the board, and it's (again, IMO) a 50/50 split on the decision-making as it relates to drafts.
Fisher has, I think, complete autonomy when it comes to free agency, but that's pretty easy to guess based on all the Titans that came through here.

Old Rock

Rookie
Name
Rock
What's the deal flv, do you just look at women as a piece of meat? :baghead:

Old Rock

Rookie
Name
Rock
Temporary testosterone imbalance. That's one I haven't used yet. Thanks! (y)

Rams43

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
These back handed dump Fisher threads always crack me up.

Snead is great because someone thinks the talent the team has now was all about him there is little or no credit given to the rest of the team. Scouting department isn't even mentioned.

And, when it comes to the team record we FINALLY have our savior at QB who hasn't played a down but that doesn't matter.

Fisher though, he's at the end of the rope after having 32nd rank QB play and in spite of that been 1 game from winning the division, has broken the losing string at Seaderall with that "garbage" at QB and that ancient mindset that defense and a power game has been left in the dust by the league. If the savior doesn't play well and the team misses the playoffs then what Fisher doesn't get another couple of years to develop the talent that they've acquired?What if Goff isn't ready to play and he gets benched and the Rams still get a wild card? What if Ogletree can't handle his new responsibilities and the defense slips is Williams still worth keeping? Or was that Snead that decided not to keep old what his name?

I know its the off season but can we at least wait to see a couple of preseason games before you start throw Fisher out?:rolllaugh:

Is this a reference to me, blackbart?

'Cause if you thought this was a dump Fisher thread you completely missed the point.

And you were not the only one, apparently.

Peace...

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Not at you but the thread and the others that undoubtedly will come.

So, it would not surprise me in the least if Snead were retained, even promoted to final personnel authority, while Fisher was released after a 5th losing season.

Fisher's main responsibility is to win with talented players. But he hasn't been winning.

Yeah pretty much dumping on Fisher and calling for him to be fired if they don't produce a winning season.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Funny how nobody said a word to you, but you felt the need to jump into the fray and criticize my assertion that maybe, just maybe anointing Goff as a success before he'd ever played a single down was a little off. But I'm the one working to make an argument.
First of all, if you thought you were having a private conversation, you're in the wrong place.
And secondly, I suggest you actually read what people write before you quote them.
A poster commented that Goff will undoubtedly succeed "outside of something catastrophic".
Your example of Sam Bradford supports the theory of "something catastrophic" happening, though you used it as an example to oppose. THAT was where I entered the conversation. Since then its been a series of you changing the topic, insulting LA fans etc.

Back on thread topic, I don't see Fisher/Snead going anywhere after having a 3rd straight ROY on the team and making the playoffs for the first time in 13 seasons....