The Snead/Fisher dynamic is an interesting one, huh?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Now there are a lot of people that get paid a lot of money in NFL organizations to make decisions about things that I would not even know where to start to make on a daily basis. However, for some reason, I tend to think that if a GM and a head coach were worried about their job, they wouldn't sell the house for a rookie QB if they HAD to make the playoffs or they were gone. All the speculation that one of them or any of them are going is just that.

I also don't get the itemizing of blame on who made which pick. I know that either one has responsibilities and a certain amount of control, but I don't get that vibe from the Rams. I get that it was OUR decision to do what we did and we are going to live by that decision.

As for picking Snead to stay if Fisher goes? I can see it, but tell me who you want to coach the Rams. As for Williams, he goes with Fisher unless he gets a head coaching gig, and that is just not going to happen. Fisher gave him his way back, and if there are speculations to be tossed around, everyone knows that.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Who is gonna get the credit (or blame) for so many personnel decisions? Here are just a few of the highlights...

The RG3 trade -Win
The Quick pick - Fail, they should just trade their second round picks before the draft
The Jenkins pick- loss, good player but didn't stay to see them win
The TruJo pick-win
That last trade down in '12 that cost Bobby Wagner and resulted in Pead and Rok Watkins- Fail
The Tavon Austin trade up -win
The Ogletree trade down- win
The Barrett Jones miss- Fail
The Gaines HR- Winner!
The Mason pick instead of Trai Turner- Fail
The TJ McDonald hit- Win
The GRob pick- overall fail, because even if he comes around soon he is at the end of his rookie contract.
The Donald pick- Huge Win!
The Gurley pick- also huge Win!
The Goff trade up- To be determined...should be a win, trouble if he's not...
Hayes in FA- win
Cook in FA- fail
Finnegan in FA- toss up, expensive but he was affective for a while.
The Barron trade- win
The Keenum trade- win
The Foles/Bradford trade- Fail, you know the story.
The Goff blockbuster trade up- redundant

And a whole slew of UDFA's over the 5 off seasons, including this year, apparently.

Overall they've won more than they've lost and have a good chance of having another big win with Goff.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
My take:
Snead has done an outstanding job, better than most GM's in terms of drafting and UDFA. Free agency....not so good but that's okay, better than the reverse.

Fisher has only one thing to prove to this fan. Find a way to win outside of the division. It's an inexplicable eyesore at this point. It's losing way too many games like these that are keeping this team down under the 8 win mark. Very winnable games in many circumstances.

In four seasons under Fisher:

NFC West head-to-head (A very tough division. The best division overall since 2012)
11-12-1

Outside of division head-to-head
16-24 :banghead:

I have no complaints otherwise. I like the guy and i love the style of football he's brought to the Rams.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Since draft picks are the responsibility of both and its hard to know which man was more responsible for the picks (since Snead puts forward researched draft candidates, according to the type of players Fisher wants).....But anyway, since I have made a name bet at different site with a Niner fan who is a horrific human being, the loser of which is renamed for a year,, I will demand both their heads if we win less than 7 games...as a normal fan, I thought Fish should have been fired last year for no winning season, but no matter...9 wins is a minimum for me to keep both.

FrankenRam

Starter
I don't see a scenario where Goff fails, outside of something catastrophic. And that's not going to happen because this is our time.

Really? Does the name Sam Bradford ring any bells? SB8 was a higher rated prospect coming out than Goff.

In fact I think the biggest risk Goff faces is what happens to the coaching staff if we miss the playoffs.

And I repeat...Sa....., well, never mind. It's pointless. We're in LALA land now. The stars are all aligned.

Hey Man

Starter
Name
Hey Man
My 2 cents : All the big trades and or Questionable draft picks that I am aware of were Kronke approved Goff trade up and the Gay player pick a couple years ago. ( sorry can't remember the name) . So what I am saying is it comes down to the owner if Fish/ Snead stays or goes. What I would do is look at Stan's other pro teams I think there is 3 or 4, and there records and see if there is a pattern when it comes to coach's.
My personal opinion is I hope Fish And Snead both stay, Why ? I think like his style of football and I think it takes time to get the right players in the right positions. It takes a patient owner and even though we may feel Stan is evil he got the Bank.

jjab360

Legend
So far, Fisher and Snead have not been extended. Is this the "prove it" season for both? Or maybe just one?
Maybe I'm losing my freaking mind, but I could've sworn Fisher got a contract extension earlier this offseason.. Google says no though, lol.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
It's basically playoffs or bust this year. Can't still be losing more then you win 5 years later.
IF I haven't miscalculated, if the Rams Win a total of 14 games, this year, that 5 year total will go to "1 game" above 500, and Snisher will have a winning record for that Time frame!!:D:hiding::homercrawl:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Really? Does the name Sam Bradford ring any bells? SB8 was a higher rated prospect coming out than Goff.
Did you miss the part where he said "outside of something catastrophic"?
I don't know how things would have turned out had Bradford not been made of gla... err, didn't have unfortunate injuries. And despite being one of #8's biggest critics, even I agree that we would have been better than we were with the QB play in his place.
I agree with @OnceARam in that I cant see Goff failing but for the unforeseen tragedy. He's the right guy for this team and its the right time for this team to kick some azz and take names

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Will Snead sign a new deal where he doesn't have personal control, regardless of the coaching situation? He's proved he knows what he's doing.
IMO if he's kept it'll be as full GM with control and a new coach is brought in. I don't think he wrests control from Fisher with him still being head coach. I'd like to see this day myself. Snead picking a new offensive minded coach.

FrankenRam

Starter
Did you miss the part where he said "outside of something catastrophic"?
I don't know how things would have turned out had Bradford not been made of gla... err, didn't have unfortunate injuries. And despite being one of #8's biggest critics, even I agree that we would have been better than we were with the QB play in his place.
I agree with @OnceARam in that I cant see Goff failing but for the unforeseen tragedy. He's the right guy for this team and its the right time for this team to kick some azz and take names

Did you miss the entire NFL draft history of #1 overall picks that have failed for a whole slew of reasons that have absolutely nothing to due with anything catastrophic...and did so simply because their skills simply didn't translate to the NFL?

Until the dude proves otherwise, he is just another #1 suspect.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Did you miss the entire NFL draft history of #1 overall picks that have failed for a whole slew of reasons that have absolutely nothing to due with anything catastrophic...and did so simply because their skills simply didn't translate to the NFL?

Until the dude proves otherwise, he is just another #1 suspect.
I've heard of glass half empty vs glass half full but I take it that you're a glass is totally empty until further notice kind of guy.
The recent group of QB drafted #1 overall have played pretty well. I'm good with expecting Goff to be in that class

FrankenRam

Starter
I've heard of glass half empty vs glass half full but I take it that you're a glass is totally empty until further notice kind of guy.
The recent group of QB drafted #1 overall have played pretty well. I'm good with expecting Goff to be in that class

LOL! You have got to be freakin' kidding me. The simple expectation that a draft pick actually step on the field and show that he can play at the NFL level is now interpreted as being excessively negative.(??) Seriously?!? Wow.

What other recent QB's drafted #1 have done has absolutely NO bearing on how Goff will perform. That's like saying Google stock has been performing well lately....so buy Microsoft.

Goff may turn out to be the second coming of Peyton Manning or better, but as things stand to today, he might wind up as the next David Carr, Brady Quinn, or Sam Bradford. If you can't handle that tidbit of reality, I'm sorry.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What other recent QB's drafted #1 have done has absolutely NO bearing on how Goff will perform. That's like saying Google stock has been performing well lately....so buy Microsoft.
Really? Then how come you just said:
So which is it? We cant look at the past, or can we?
In any event, you keep moving the goal posts here so I'm not even sure how to continue. Just to recap, another poster said in an uber positive way that he couldnt see Goff fail outside of a catastrophe. Well, your response was to use Bradford as an example which I merely pointed out as a fail because the "catastrophe" was exactly what happened to Sam.
So I'll take another swig of my half full glass and say that I agree that I don't see a scenario where Goff fails outside of the infamous, and aforementioned catastrophe.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:
My opinion; both aren't going anywhere.

Yeah, me too.

Between now and September the OP and many, many others will post their "prove it year theses" and it will frustrate them because many are negative to Fisher, yet Fisher will not be fired after the coming season.

I expect something between 7-9 to 10-6 mostly because these are human beings made to move half-way across the country.

Goff, I expect to have the typical Air Raid QB growing pains. The sooner he gets it going, the better the Rams will be.

The defense will be right where they need to be. The OLine I expect to be better.

Gurley will be great.

Receivers? 20% better based on a hunch and I like Pharoh Cooper.

I also promise not to go knee jerk every week.

I intend to see my first Rams game in the Coliseum ever!

It's all good!

Old Rock

Rookie
Name
Rock
I don't understand all this hate on Fisher before his project is finished. Look what won the last SB. Defense. Giants beat Brady with what? Defense. He's built the foundation, now he has the final piece. This has a lot more chance of a quick turnaround than getting the QB and then building up the team from there. This is looking more and more like a movie script. Go figure. Dirty dancing is about to begin!:yay::yay::yay:

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Really how much time does Fisher have to evaluate college players? Most of the research takes place
during the season. I image Snead and his scouts pick out a group of players that they are comfortable with
and present them to Fisher and he supplies his input.
Snead selects the contestants in the pageant and Fisher gets to pick Miss USA.

FrankenRam

Starter
Really? Then how come you just said:

So which is it? We cant look at the past, or can we?
In any event, you keep moving the goal posts here so I'm not even sure how to continue. Just to recap, another poster said in an uber positive way that he couldnt see Goff fail outside of a catastrophe. Well, your response was to use Bradford as an example which I merely pointed out as a fail because the "catastrophe" was exactly what happened to Sam.
So I'll take another swig of my half full glass and say that I agree that I don't see a scenario where Goff fails outside of the infamous, and aforementioned catastrophe.
I didn't move anything. I do apologize for presenting 2 different concepts in the same thread. It is difficult to comprehend the differences between looking at an overall assessment of the statistical probabilities of any #1 being successful vs comparing them one for one.

And to think I used to not believe this whole 'LALA Land' thing when I'd hear people from almost anywhere else in the world use it to describe the general LA mentality. Boy, was I naive.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And to think I used to not believe this whole 'LALA Land' thing when I'd hear people from almost anywhere else in the world use it to describe the general LA mentality. Boy, was I naive.

Not sure why this is relevant or necessary.