The Signs are there ...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
... for the 49ers SB hangover.

1. Injuries and inexperience in their receiving corps will make things difficult for Kaeperdoodle.

2. Too much media fawning will have them believing those press releases.

3. The bull's eye that all media darlings have painted on them. Every top team that plays them will be trying to knock them down.

4. About this time, I'd guess the officials and the NFL are sick of Harbaugh's sideline antics. If the losing starts, you'll see a penalty.

5. Distractions. Brooks' legal issues, Kaeperdoodle's controversy over a hat.

6. They're getting older (Gore, Justin Smith). Age drags down every player, even if you're an All Pro, and injuries are more likely for older players.

They are loaded, so they could overcome a lot of these, but we've seen quite a few strong teams fall down from that hangover.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Ram Quixote said:

1. Injuries and inexperience in their receiving corps will make things difficult for Kaeperdoodle.

3. The bull's eye that all media darlings have painted on them. Every top team that plays them will be trying to knock them down.

4. About this time, I'd guess the officials and the NFL are sick of Harbaugh's sideline antics. If the losing starts, you'll see a penalty.

6. They're getting older (Gore, Justin Smith). Age drags down every player, even if you're an All Pro, and injuries are more likely for older players.

They are loaded, so they could overcome a lot of these, but we've seen quite a few strong teams fall down from that hangover.

I think the age part is especially overlooked on that team. Gore/Smith/Nnamdi/Boldin/Goodwin all have plenty of tread on the tires. Those are all guys they'll be leaning on quite a bit too.

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
Ram Quixote said:

In addition to those points, the free agency departures of Goldson to Tampa Bay and Delanie Walker to Tennessee will leave big holes to fill.

Good thing they signed Craig Dahl :cheese:

MauiRam

Rookie
The whiners could easily lose three of their first 4 games, and possibly all four: Green Bay, Seattle, Colts, and Rams. You can bet that opposing DCs will be poring over game film of Kreeper - what gave him the most trouble etc. etc. They get Green Bay and the Colts at home, Squawks and Rams on the road .. Should be interesting. O and 4 would be really sweet !!!

jjab360

Legend
Losing Crabtree will certainly hurt. He was by far Kaepernick's favorite target.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
jjab360 said:
Losing Crabtree will certainly hurt. He was by far Kaepernick's favorite target.
That means Vernon is gonna be the guy now, I would imagine.
I'm not sure how I feel about that with our inexperience at the safety position (sans Giordano).

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
X forgetting Kapernoodles predilections:
Vernon is gonna be the guy now, I would imagine.
I'm not sure how I feel about that with our inexperience at the safety position (sans Giordano).

I'm not sure that Kapernoodle and Vern are on the same page. Vern got hardly any passes thrown his way when Kapernoodle took over. I would think that TJ will get the assignment of covering Davis. Safety is gonna be an adventure this year.