The San Antonio Raiders?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Report: Raiders could move to San Antonio
Posted by Mike Florio on July 29, 2014

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpwjmmzk3n2flnzvmymixngqwm2vmntq2ndq2otlizjzi-e1400669961167.jpeg
AP

Raiders owner Mark Davis doesn’t make threats. He makes plans.

With the Raiders on a one-year lease at O.co Coliseum and with the A’s possibly getting a 10-year lease that would complicate efforts to tear the Cow (Pie) Palace down and build a new venue on the same site, Davis is exploring options in a state that already has a pair of NFL teams.

According to the San Antonio Express-News, Davis and a pair of “top lieutenants” recently met with San Antonio officials to talk about a move of the Raiders.

Per the report, the meeting began on July 18, with Davis and company touring the Alamodome and other locations during a two-to-three day visit.

If a move happens, the Alamodome likely would be the temporary home until a new stadium is built.

Davis reportedly wants “a small, intimate” stadium in front of which he can place a statue of his father, the late Al Davis.

“We don’t have any information about it, so there is no reason for us to comment,” NFL spokesman Greg Aiello told the Express-News on Tuesday. “We have received no applications from any of our teams to relocate at this point, so there is nothing for us to respond to.”

The window for filing an application to relocate opens after the season, and it’s possible that Davis will make an application to move somewhere/anywhere absent a tangible plan to build a new home for the Raiders in the Bay Area.

A55VA6

Legend
The name sounds crappy, but I can see it happening. They won't be in Oakland for too much longer.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
The name sounds crappy, but I can see it happening. They won't be in Oakland for too much longer.

Davis must be serious about moving the team. No disrespect to the LA crowd but lately the prospect of moving there has been used as leverage to get new stadiums. San Antonio would be a destination that is more likely to build than LA at this point.

Both Wilf and Blank flirted with the idea of moving to LA to get a stadium. Davis sounds like he toured the Alamo Dome. If San Antonio builds they could potentially host a Super Bowl.

FRO

Legend
I wonder if the cost of building and operating in California is keeping them from moving to LA? The cost of building and operating in Texas is much lower, however I don't want Oakland/LA to lose the Raiders.

SanAnRam

Just an educated redneck
Might I point out the World Champion Spurs also adorn Silver and Black.
Young Davis could do much worse. Good city and the people here would embrace them from the get go.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Might I point out the World Champion Spurs also adorn Silver and Black.
Young Davis could do much worse. Good city and the people here would embrace them from the get go.

It's a great city for sure but the Raider fan itself is an abomination - anyone remember Rams v Raiders games at Anaheim Stadium will attest, it was a violent affair
Don't want them anywhere near Central Texas - this is Cowboys country and i can deal with that.

But Raider fan - no way

moklerman

Warner-phile
Around here, there are a lot of Mexicans who are Raiders fans and because of that, I always associate the Raiders with Mexicans. Initially, I thought the Raiders to San Antonio just sounded wrong but it may just be a shrewd move by baby Davis.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
The Raiders should be in LA.
Oakland (the city) doesn't seem to care much about them, and Al Davis never wanted to leave Los Angeles and move back there anyway.

On the other hand, as football crazy as Texas is I have no doubt they'd be very well supported.