The Safety Situation

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

wolfman84

Rookie
I have to agree with Train. Honestly believe and hope our starting safeties week 1 are McDonald and Davis. Davis was a hell of a pick up. Wife's a TT grad, watched a lot of their games. Davis is the real thing. Steward or Daniels may be the odd man out unless we keep 6 DBs. Like both of them but I think McD&Davis are our future.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Never watched Davis before this tape. The kid is impressive. Can't wait to see him compete in camp/preseason!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4Wo-suc--4[/youtube]

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Looks like he has VERY good instincts - especially in the open field. Also seems to have very good hands to not only catch the INT but not let go of his man.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
WOW! I love this kid. He is a sure tackler that also lays the wood. What's special is he manages to lay wood without compromising the sure tackle being made. How in the world did he go undrafted?

paceram

Pro Bowler
rams24/7 said:
Never watched Davis before this tape. The kid is impressive. Can't wait to see him compete in camp/preseason!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4Wo-suc--4[/youtube]

Cody Davis is awesome! I will be very surprised if he does not get a lot of playing time next season! Looks like a great pickup by the Rams!

jap

Legend
rams24/7 said:

Cody Davis is what I call a bonafide Sheriff of the Secondary, a sure tackler who consistently comes up with big hits a la Toby Wright or Aeneas Williams. The type of hitter forces ball carriers to re-consider whether they have chosen the correct profession. :ww:

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Ramhusker said:
WOW! I love this kid. He is a sure tackler that also lays the wood. What's special is he manages to lay wood without compromising the sure tackle being made. How in the world did he go undrafted?

That. ALL of that.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
jap said:
rams24/7 said:

Cody Davis is what I call a bonafide Sheriff of the Secondary, a sure tackler who consistently comes up with big hits a la Toby Wright or Aeneas Williams. The type of hitter forces ball carriers to re-consider whether they have chosen the correct profession. :ww:

And he's not playing bum players. He's competing against our very own Austin and Bailey as well as guys like Joseph Randle, Colin Klein, Florence & Williams

GreeneCounty

Pro Bowler
rams24/7 said:
jap said:
rams24/7 said:

And he's not playing bum players. He's competing against our very own Austin and Bailey as well as guys like Joseph Randle, Colin Klein, Florence & Williams

With all due respect Colin Klein, is a bum.overrated

A55VA6

Legend
GreeneCounty said:
rams24/7 said:
jap said:
rams24/7 said:

With all due respect Colin Klein, is a bum.overrated
Yeah but he was a stud in college.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I'm with you guys on Davis, he should wear #21. He appears to be an exceptional solo tackler, even when a guy makes a late move, Davis never closes his eyes on contact.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...-gets-passing-grade-but-others-steal-the-show

Just found this, sorry if it has already been posted:

Written by Rob Rang.

While the hype centered around the "skill position" players Wednesday, the big winner may have been safety, T.J. McDonald, who drew praise from Kansas City Chiefs' scout and defensive backs' coach Drae Harris, who, along with Pittsburgh Steelers' defensive backs coach Carnell Lake, put USC's cornerbacks and safety through extended drills.

"[McDonald] is an explosive athlete who is quickly able to take what we were asking him to do and apply it to the field. He's so explosive out of his cuts and covers such ground."

McDonald, who measured in at 6-3, 213 pounds, led each of the defensive back drills. He caught every pass thrown to him, consistently using his height to his advantage by extending far beyond his frame to secure the ball.

The more I read, it appears as if a lot of teams were very interested in T.J., including the Niners.