The RG3 Quandary

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

wv

Rookie
lockdnram21 said:
Imo hes that good and if can stay healthy will only get better. I wish we would have gotten Rg3 but i know our team wouldnt be as good as we are or have got all the players that we did. So im glad we didnt get him because we wouldn have all players we have

I'm a little surprised anyone would not think he's a top fifteen player. What were his stats? Heck i remember posters last year saying Washington was a bad team and would finish under .500 and the Rams would get a high pick. Turns out RG3 took'em to the playoffs and who knows what happens against seattle if he is not hurt.

I have questions about his long-term health -- but not his talent. The guy's talent is off the charts. Every draft guru in the nation thought so, btw. Didnt he do exactly what the draft-gurus said he would do?

I have questions about Tavon's longterm health too, btw. But not his talent. If he's healthy - he's awesome. Same with rg3.

I like Sam and the draft picks the Rams got. Its a good deal for the Rams. But if you asked me who i'd take in an even up trade Sam or RG3 -- i'm takin rg3. ...I'd like to see Tavon, Givens and RG3 on the field in horns, btw. That would be fun....while it lasted.

w
v

Ram_of_Old

RG3 is a good kid with a lot of talent. But as long as Snyder is the owner of the Redskins he is doomed. Snyder is an idiot. RG3 needs to learn to get down and he needs to learn that there are times when extending the play is just not worth it. I gave him 3 more years before his effectiveness is totally gone.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Ram_of_Old said:
RG3 is a good kid with a lot of talent. But as long as Snyder is the owner of the Redskins he is doomed. Snyder is an idiot. RG3 needs to learn to get down and he needs to learn that there are times when extending the play is just not worth it. I gave him 3 more years before his effectiveness is totally gone.

There's a lot of sense in what you say ,once he has to quit running ,has to stand in the pocket and deliver in the face of the rush REPEATEDLY the way Kurt could ,I think his effectiveness as a QB which he gets ranked above others BECAUSE he is burning his candle at both ends will diminish and THEN we'll see how good he really is.
FWIW , Sam Bradford can run pretty damned fast and COULD be compiling a lot of rushing yards ,I'm glad he isn't ,COULD he rush for as many yards as RG? NO .Could he run a lot more and account for as much offense as RG ? I think so cuz I KNOW Sams a better passer.
All things being equal is a funny expression, it means a lot of things , so if you are gonna say someone is better it ONLY makes sense to give some consideration to things like what Sam might be doing in Shanahans offense doing the same things.

Am I making an argument that Sam is better? NOPE, just sayin' this ranking thing especially when you are rating all positions together is some six foot deep bullshit.

Thanks for reading :cool:

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
RamFan503 said:
Memento said:
Quite frankly, I find the idea of any rookie - or a player who has played as many games as one (Kaepernick) - being placed on those lists to be ludicrous and asinine. I don't care how good of a year they had; someone who's only played sixteen games shouldn't be anywhere near a list that features the best players in the league. Who says they won't drop off?

I live in the Show-Me State. They have to show me. Just my honest opinion.

This ^^^ And 15? Really?
Its a travashamockery.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
He is absolutely a top 15 player in the league. Anyone who watched him play at Baylor, and saw what he did last year would have to agree. I live in Redskin country, and I watched pretty much all of their games last year. The kid is the real deal, period. I suspect he will transform into more of a pocket passer this year. If you think the kid can't whip it from the pocket, you are sorely mistaken. Love the deal we made with the skins because it is helping rebuild the franchise, but no way I take Bradford over Griffin. No possible way. That said, I love me some Sammy and expect him to excel this year and in the future.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Faceplant said:
He is absolutely a top 15 player in the league. Anyone who watched him play at Baylor, and saw what he did last year would have to agree. I live in Redskin country, and I watched pretty much all of their games last year. The kid is the real deal, period. I suspect he will transform into more of a pocket passer this year. If you think the kid can't whip it from the pocket, you are sorely mistaken. Love the deal we made with the skins because it is helping rebuild the franchise, but no way I take Bradford over Griffin. No possible way. That said, I love me some Sammy and expect him to excel this year and in the future.

Let me ask you this; do you think RG3 will hold up physically?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
CGI_Ram said:
Faceplant said:

Let me ask you this; do you think RG3 will hold up physically?
I did a little soul searching on this, and posed myself a question that required an honest answer.

Would I be disputing this ranking if he was a Ram?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
X said:

Great question!

I wonder that myself.

I'd probably be excited that our QB is getting the attention, thus our team presence in the national media.

But... I keep coming back to this; has he done enough to earn such a ranking? In the end, regardless of who I root for, the honest answer is - no way jose.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
CGI_Ram said:
X said:

Great question!

I wonder that myself.

I'd probably be excited that our QB is getting the attention, thus our team presence in the national media.

But... I keep coming back to this; has he done enough to earn such a ranking? In the end, regardless of who I root for, the honest answer is - no way jose.
Well, it's just for the one year, right? I mean, it's not like an achievement award or anything. Last year he did have a pretty good season and did win OROY honors while getting into the playoffs as a rookie. How he did it (running v passing) isn't really relevant and neither are his durability concerns, I don't think.

But here's why I think the whole thing is tarnished. Because a guy like Larry Fitzgerald, who had a really bad season, is way up high on that list. That makes it more about respect or past achievements than anything he did last year. Last year he did bupkis. 4 TD's, less than 800 yards? Meh. Might as well put Gibson up there at 22. He had 5 TDs and a little under 700 yards.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Thordaddy said:
X said:
Hell yes you would, you'd think he should be top 10
Well, I wouldn't go that far. But point taken.

Ram_of_Old

Faceplant said:

Totally Agree, but sadly he plays for an Egomaniac Owner.

wv

Rookie
Ram_of_Old said:
Faceplant said:

The rookie stats are what they are:

Born: Okinawa Japan
20 TDs
5 INTs
102.4 QB rating
815 yards rushing / 7 TDs
10-6 record
==========
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-zY9JlAdmo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-zY9JlAdmo</a>
Finnegan vs Josh Morgan :twisted:

w
v

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
wv said:
Ram_of_Old said:
Faceplant said:

The rookie stats are what they are:

Born: Okinawa Japan
20 TDs
5 INTs
102.4 QB rating
815 yards rushing / 7 TDs
10-6 record

w
v

As is this stat; 16 games.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

rickrawk

Starter
Name
Rick
A55VA6 said:
RG3 shouldn't even be on the list. Overrated scumbag.

Put Chris Long on the list. Man, that list is junk.
Those lists are worthless.
And I would take Sam over Bob any day.

GO RAMS!!!!

wv

Rookie
rickrawk said:
A55VA6 said:

GO RAMS!!!!

Why?
Forget their team identifications, and Shannahan etc. Why would you take SB1 over RG3?

w
v

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
rickrawk said:
A55VA6 said:

GO RAMS!!!!

I agree 110%

Never seen an old "good running QB".

Lesson

Oh, really?
wv said:
rickrawk said:
A55VA6 said:

GO RAMS!!!!

Why?
Forget their team identifications, and Shannahan etc. Why would you take SB1 over RG3?

w
v

He's had two different instances of ACL tears in his playing career(2009,2012). Bradford has had one major injury, which was with OU, and knock on wood, hasn't had an issue with the shoulder while in the NFL. The ankle injury is healed and he hasn't missed any games aside from the hell known as the 2011 St. Louis Rams season.