The reeling Panthers lose again and Cam Newton walks out during press conference

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
It's funny to me how the dude is tough as nails on the field and then a complete pussy over some questions.

TexasRam

Legend
In some cases walking away from a situation is the wisest thing to do. People are different. Some built with more emotion, some more patient and analytical. I would like to see my QB learn to deal with criticism and stay in there but if he know he's going to blow a lid and say something he regrets then he is being wise by walking out.

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
Four pillars
"faith, character, core values, team first "low talent Case Keenum over
"Malcontent
low character" high talent POS Cam Newton

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
I would not support the Rams if that POS was on our team. The only worse guy playing QB would be Krapperdick.

On a side note, can anyone say "superbowl hangover" ?

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
This is how you handle a presser.
I seriously doubt ANYONE in the league was more disappointed or upset than Keenum today.
And yet, he hangs in there and lets the media ask him 8 minutes worth of pointless crap.

View: http://www.therams.com/videos/videos/Case-Keenum-Postgame-Press-Conference---1016/5cb0b9ec-f513-427a-af65-e8e293e2234c

Yes, very true.

And guys...................
giphy.gif

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
I'll take that sore loser on my team any day of the week and twice on Sundays.
I get your point, but I don't want a sore loser ever on my team. Key to that is loser. It will infect his team and other players will quit on him eventually.

It's amazing how self-important media members have gotten

I agree with this.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I get your point, but I don't want a sore loser ever on my team. Key to that is loser. It will infect his team and other players will quit on him eventually.

I agree with this.

One could argue that Aaron Donald is a sore loser. I'll tell you what he's not doing, infecting this team. Nobody will quit on that guy. And nobody will quit on Newton. None of those players will lose respect for Newton for being a sore loser in a press conference. Just like no Ram will lose respect for Donald for getting into it with an opposing player at the end of a tough loss.

Those guys kill themselves on the field for the team. Their teammates have no problems respecting them and following them. Frankly, I'd rather have a sore loser on my team than a complacent loser.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Not a Newton fan. I don't have to totally respect every player on my teAm, but I hate it when one that I disdain is on it. Cam has always been a self serving assholes and still is. Sure he likes to win, who doesn't? But he is a spoiled brat that is only happy when he is getting his own way, and when he is he is bragging it up and gloating. Then when he loses he is sulking and crying. He is not a man. He is the worst type of child.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Apparently caaaaaam is the only qb in the league that hates losing. Who knew?

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbTDaFHMCqo

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/sh...orms-off-Super-Bowl-field-Is-h?urn=nfl,218314

In fact, you can find a number of temper tantrums Brady has thrown. Yet, he seems to escape the spotlight in a way Newton doesn't.

There's also Bill Belichick and post-game press conferences...

It's because Brady is arguably the best QB of all time...that gets you a lot of slack.

If Newton ever won a Super Bowl(s), what is seen now as infantile and annoying, would become mercurial and endearing...Winning the Big game changes a lot of things.....

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
id have to turn in my rams fan card if either Kaep or Cam became our QB

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
One could argue that Aaron Donald is a sore loser. I'll tell you what he's not doing, infecting this team. Nobody will quit on that guy. And nobody will quit on Newton. None of those players will lose respect for Newton for being a sore loser in a press conference. Just like no Ram will lose respect for Donald for getting into it with an opposing player at the end of a tough loss.

Those guys kill themselves on the field for the team. Their teammates have no problems respecting them and following them. Frankly, I'd rather have a sore loser on my team than a complacent loser.
I hear you, jrry. I don't like guys who seem too ok with losing either. I like the competitive fire. But Cam is a prima Donna AND the issue is not facing the music in press conferences.

Then when he loses he is sulking and crying. He is not a man. He is the worst type of child.
this.

No. He's just the one targeted for it.
targeted?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Before the season started Newton said he wanted to become known for his hats. I thought that was odd since it's sort of a meaningless thing.

He's becoming known that's for sure.

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I need to preface my statement by saying that I live in North Carolina, and I'm force fed the ugly teal and black bull crap constantly. What I am saying is pretty much screw the Panthers. That being said, I am not sure how I would feel after a tough loss during an ugly season all the while being asked completely freaking stupid questions. I mean asking stupid questions over and over again when you are probably getting more sore by the minute, and just want to get out of there.

Does it come across as childish? Yes, even immature, but does it need to be ridiculed? Does it need to be talked about all week? Just like the article on Fisher kicking them out of the locker room. I do not remember exactly what the author said, but he/she called it a mistake or a grave error of judgement on his part. That is a hot steamy one if I ever heard it. Like it has been mentioned in this thread before, the members of the press feelings of imminent entitlement, in my opinion, are dumbfounding and equally immature.

Also, the talk of whether we would take him on our team falls on deaf ears. I do not root for anyone unless the have the horns on their helmet. Until that day, I could care less.