The reeling Panthers lose again and Cam Newton walks out during press conference

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
On a positive note.We could have a QB that dresses like a clown and whines like a baby.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/t...cam-newton-walks-out-during-press-conference/

Following Carolina's loss to the Broncos in Super Bowl 50, Panthers quarterback Cam Newton made major waves with a press conference that was highly criticized for his sullen nature and short, clipped answers.

Expect more of the same after Newton walked out on a press conference following the Panthers' 41-38 loss to the Saints that sent the defending NFC champions to 1-5 out of the gate this season.

You can watch the full video of Newton's 1-minute and 27-second press conference at Black and Blue Review.

But here's the transcript of Newton's answers in their entirety.

Just doing what I'm asked to do.

Just miscommunication. Lack there of execution. Just got to get better.

That's what Olsen said.

Feel alright.

No sir.

Just got to find ways to win the football game.

Next question.

Just got to find ways to win the football game.

Next question.

The quarterback was asked if this is the "most disappointed" he's been in a long time and said "next question." Then he was asked about being frustrated, said "next question" the second time and left the press conference.

Newton's going to get plenty of flak this week for his post-game demeanor. That's now twice where he's ditched out on a press conference in the last 10 games because he wasn't happy with the outcome of the game.

It's not the end of the world and we'll make too big a deal out of it, but it's definitely not a great look. A dozen other quarterbacks had to face the music this weekend too, and they weren't storming out because they didn't like questions about being frustrated.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I stand by what I said before now more than ever.

Look at how Case handled himself after a tough loss. Now look at "Franchise QB" Cam Newton...

Case put on a clinic on how to handle yourself as the face of the franchise...even though Case is ONLY the placeholder for Goff.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
As I said back when he did it last year, this doesn't bother me. Guy clearly cares a lot about winning. I'll take that sore loser on my team any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I stand by what I said before now more than ever.

Look at how Case handled himself after a tough loss. Now look at "Franchise QB" Cam Newton...

Case put on a clinic on how to handle yourself as the face of the franchise...even though Case is ONLY the placeholder for Goff.

I don't care about how my QB handles himself after a loss. I care about my QB's ability to perform. Give me a temper tantrum throwing child after losses if he is an amazing QB. I hate losing. I'm fine with other people feeling the same way.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'd love to have Cam and so should any of you.
Sure. But I don't have to appreciate his child-like antics as the leader of the team.
That's like saying I should want Bernie Madoff do my taxes because he's a good financial advisor.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sure. But I don't have to appreciate his child-like antics as the leader of the team.
That's like saying I should want Bernie Madoff do my taxes because he's a good financial advisor.

What teammate cares? You see that guy lay his body on the line to get you first downs and touchdowns, but you're going to have a lower opinion of him because he walks out on the media asking him silly questions to try and get him to badmouth you? Come on, X.

The guy clearly hates to lose. He doesn't take it well. But walking out on a press conference is as meaningless as Fisher kicking the media out of the locker-room. It's amazing how self-important media members have gotten.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
" Cam is just being Cam!" One day he will lean how to be a Pro!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
What teammate cares? You see that guy lay his body on the line to get you first downs and touchdowns, but you're going to have a lower opinion of him because he walks out on the media asking him silly questions to try and get him to badmouth you? Come on, X.

The guy clearly hates to lose. He doesn't take it well. But walking out on a press conference is as meaningless as Fisher kicking the media out of the locker-room. It's amazing how self-important media members have gotten.
Yeah, but none of that changes my opinion that he acts like a child.
I can appreciate his talents AND have an opinion about this too.
Mutually exclusive.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nah.

He's had one good year behind a truly elite defense.

Mebbe his Daddy can sell him to another team like he did in college.

freak Cam Newton.

He's the reigning MVP. We're starting a career backup.

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'd love to have Cam and so should any of you.
Nope not me.It's not a mater of logic for me.It's strickly
personal.I just can't stand the guy and would hate to have to look
at him every week.Sad but true.lol

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I don't care about how my QB handles himself after a loss. I care about my QB's ability to perform. Give me a temper tantrum throwing child after losses if he is an amazing QB. I hate losing. I'm fine with other people feeling the same way.

Yeah but he isn't an amazing QB.

He's pretty good at some things though. Fuck him.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
He's the reigning MVP. We're starting a career backup.

Yeah well the stat lines don't look a lot fuckin' different, go look and you will see.

And that was before today. At this point he is looking better. Our backup has a better record than the "reigning MVP".

So FUCK Cam Newton.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah well the stat lines don't look a lot freakin' different, go look and you will see.

And that was before today. At this point he is looking better. Our backup has a better record than the "reigning MVP".

So freak Cam Newton.

Okay. Our QB has 8 TDs to 7 TOs in 6 games. Newton has 11 TDs to 7 TOs in 5 games. Yep, still would rather have Newton.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
Rather have a great moral leader less talented Case Keenum than Cam Newton.