The Redskins "name"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Should the name be changed?

• Yes

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • No

Votes: 23 62.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 4 10.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RamzFanz

Damnit
iced said:
jrry32 said:
Ramhusker said:
Since MONEY seems to be a major factor of the REDSKINS brand not being changed, how much pressure would be applied if the federal government threatened to withdraw the BILLIONS in subsidies received by the NFL? I mean the NFL operates essentially as a non-profit organization and receives "bookoo" amounts of cash in the form of tax breaks and subsidies from both federal and state coffers.

The NFL as a governing league operates as a non-profit...because it is.

The teams do not.

How about the government focus on all the debt they're getting into and butt out of sports? The NFL is doing quite well financially...the government...it's nearly 17 trillion in debt. I'd focus on cleaning that up before I distract the general public by getting involved with successful businesses.

EXACTLY

How about those assholes get back to work so they can earn their money is instead of freaking over the people who are/have gone out to defend this country

freaking joke they're taking away active duty and vet benefits

I don't think it's the darkie president, he's trying to end the shutdown. It's not the Jews, redskins, chinks, or wetbacks either, they pretty much support the darkie president in ending the shutdown.

Wow, this new paradigm in what is and is not racist is liberating! I'm glad no one could possibly find that offensive since I used it in a positive context.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
RamzFanz said:
iced said:
jrry32 said:
Ramhusker said:
Since MONEY seems to be a major factor of the REDSKINS brand not being changed, how much pressure would be applied if the federal government threatened to withdraw the BILLIONS in subsidies received by the NFL? I mean the NFL operates essentially as a non-profit organization and receives "bookoo" amounts of cash in the form of tax breaks and subsidies from both federal and state coffers.

The teams do not.

How about the government focus on all the debt they're getting into and butt out of sports? The NFL is doing quite well financially...the government...it's nearly 17 trillion in debt. I'd focus on cleaning that up before I distract the general public by getting involved with successful businesses.

EXACTLY

How about those assholes get back to work so they can earn their money is instead of freaking over the people who are/have gone out to defend this country

I don't think it's the darkie president, he's trying to end the shutdown. It's not the Jews, redskins, chinks, or wetbacks either, they pretty much support the darkie president in ending the shutdown.

Wow, this new paradigm in what is and is not racist is liberating! I'm glad no one could possibly find that offensive since I used it in a positive context.

I certainly wasn't offended. In fact, I don't know any Jews that are offended by the word Jew. And yes, half of my family is Jewish.

RamzFanz

Damnit
jrry32 said:
RamzFanz said:
iced said:
jrry32 said:
Ramhusker said:

The teams do not.

EXACTLY

I certainly wasn't offended. In fact, I don't know any Jews that are offended by the word Jew. And yes, half of my family is Jewish.

Cool. So the name Washington Yellowstars, named that by the most racist person in the NFL trying to get the southern viewer to watch, in honor of a non-Jew pretending to be a Jew to get out of the draft, wouldn't offend your family?

Awesome. They're very understanding. You should start referring to them as Yellowstars in front of them just to prove your point. I mean, they haven't been forced to wear yellow stars since the 40's so it's OK now.

"Hey, yellowstar, I like the payos brother"

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
RamzFanz said:
Cool. So the name Washington Yellowstars, named that by the most racist person in the NFL trying to get the southern viewer to watch, in honor of a non-Jew pretending to be a Jew to get out of the draft, wouldn't offend your family?

Awesome. They're very understanding. You should start referring to them as Yellowstars in front of them just to prove your point. I mean, they haven't been forced to wear yellow stars since the 40's so it's OK now.

Nope. I can't say they'd very much care. Would probably find it humorous. I sure don't care.

But then again, some people just aren't easily offended by trivial things.

iced

RamzFanz said:

i actually found that hilarious

RamzFanz

Damnit
jrry32 said:
RamzFanz said:

Nope. I can't say they'd very much care. Would probably find it humorous. I sure don't care.

But then again, some people just aren't easily offended by trivial things.

So you'll do it? Start referring to them as yellowstars to see how they react? Just slip it in there and see what you get. "Oh, him? No, he's a yellowstar like you."

How about lampshades? Would you call them lampshades? That's more in line with the origination of "Redskins" where the scalps of men, women, and children were turned in by trappers and hunters for a bounty. They were paid by the Redskin.

RamzFanz

Damnit
iced said:
RamzFanz said:

I believe you.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I think this thread has run it's course.

You guys made it entertaining. Perhaps I was naive, but I didn't expect this type of debate to break out.

At times, it skated on the edge and made me uncomfortable, but I commend you guys for not getting personal.

That said; we don't like to lock threads here at ROD. I worry this debate could offend others so I'd like to draw the discussion to a close.

Thank you.

iced

RamzFanz said:
iced said:
RamzFanz said:

I believe you.

Yea, I've learned my sense of humor sometimes is like farts...You try and hold it back but when it slips, someones not going to like it and leave the room.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

You guys made it entertaining. Perhaps I was naive, but I didn't expect this type of debate to break out.

At times, it skated on the edge and made me uncomfortable, but I commend you guys for not getting personal.

That said; we don't like to lock threads here at ROD. I worry this debate could offend others so I'd like to draw the discussion to a close.

Thank you.

EastRam

Pro Bowler
I have a simple question.

If the majority is not offended does that make the nickanme "not" racist?

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
CGI_Ram said:

Thank you.

Good points on all sides and this was mostly an interesting read. One of the most interesting on the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.