The Receiving Corp 2015

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Who breaks 1,000 yards next season?

• Britt

• Quick

• Austin (multi purpose)

• Bailey

Results are only viewable after voting.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
With only these 4 on the roster you have to think they either sign or draft a WR or 2...obviously they will go to camp with about 9 or 10, but I'd think they bring in a couple guys with real NFL ability, not just the normal camp body BS.
what does that mean? real NFL ability? are those 4 chumps? for one thing Fisher won't be drafting any high receivers or signing any 'real NFL ability' for big money in the offseason. these are the guys he'll be using most likely. I don't consider Britt hauling in another huge TD catch, Bailey reaching over the back of a corner to snag a TD (then scoring again the next play) and Tavon scoring on a jet sweep and returning more huge punts as 'camp body BS'.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
what does that mean? real NFL ability? are those 4 chumps? for one thing Fisher won't be drafting any high receivers or signing any 'real NFL ability' for big money in the offseason. these are the guys he'll be using most likely. I don't consider Britt hauling in another huge TD catch, Bailey reaching over the back of a corner to snag a TD (then scoring again the next play) and Tavon scoring on a jet sweep and returning more huge punts as 'camp body BS'.
Wow...you couldn't have missed that by any bigger of a margin if you tried. I'm talking about the guys that are brought in during the offseason, not our guys. Camp bodies, such as the Justin Veltungs or Derek Stanleys of the world.

Do you not know what the term camp body refers to?

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
Wow...you couldn't have missed that by any bigger of a margin if you tried. I'm talking about the guys that are brought in during the offseason, not our guys. Camp bodies, such as the Justin Veltungs or Derek Stanleys of the world.

Do you not know what the term camp body refers to?
I was confused who you were talking about. thought you were referring to the ones we have. I get what your saying.

Big Willie

Starter
I am concerned about Quick's injury and how fast he will be able to return to full capacity. It sounds like he will not have an offseason to prepare and with start practicing in training camp. Shotty still will have issues using Tavon, so T is a question mark in my opinion. Among the rest listed, Britt will get less playing time as Sted, Quick and their newly drafted WR gets more time. I think Givens will be gone. To summarize....where is the option for None of Them and/or None of the Above, cause I think it will be yet another year without a 1000 yarder, unless it's through a FA acquisition.

RamzFanz

Damnit
It depends on who the QB favors. All of them are capable of doing it but, like we've seen with Bailey, QBs have preferences.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
I am concerned about Quick's injury and how fast he will be able to return to full capacity. It sounds like he will not have an offseason to prepare and with start practicing in training camp. Shotty still will have issues using Tavon, so T is a question mark in my opinion. Among the rest listed, Britt will get less playing time as Sted, Quick and their newly drafted WR gets more time. I think Givens will be gone. To summarize....where is the option for None of Them and/or None of the Above, cause I think it will be yet another year without a 1000 yarder, unless it's through a FA acquisition.
why don't you think the ones we have now are good enough? they're making plays with 3rd string, 2nd string QBs. Bradford was gun slinging with them in preseason. Has Britt and Bailey not impressed you since Hill took over?

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
why don't you think the ones we have now are good enough? they're making plays with 3rd string, 2nd string QBs. Bradford was gun slinging with them in preseason. Has Britt and Bailey not impressed you since Hill took over?

Bradford was 13-21 for 178 yards and one TD.

In 2013 he was 22-36 for 368 yards and 2 TD's.

So he looked the same as he did last year.

IMO the WR's emerging has something to do with who has been throwing them the ball this year.

Davis had a better pre season than Hill or Bradford by the way.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
Bradford was 13-21 for 178 yards and one TD.

In 2013 he was 22-36 for 368 yards and 2 TD's.

So he looked the same as he did last year.

IMO the WR's emerging has something to do with who has been throwing them the ball this year.

Davis had a better pre season than Hill or Bradford by the way.
well most likely he'll be the QB next year so I guess we'll see

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
well most likely he'll be the QB next year so I guess we'll see

I don't think Fisher is going to plug Davis in. I think I lean towards him keeping Hill unless Bradford redoes his deal and can get cleared to play. But what do I know anyway..........it's very hard to figure out what they are going to do, this situation has a lot of moving parts right now. There is a lot of murkiness, and I'm up in the air about what they should do myself.

Keep Hill? Bradford? Draft a guy? Grab a free agent? A combination?

This is as bad as it could be.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
I don't think Fisher is going to plug Davis in. I think I lean towards him keeping Hill unless Bradford redoes his deal and can get cleared to play. But what do I know anyway..........it's very hard to figure out what they are going to do, this situation has a lot of moving parts right now. There is a lot of murkiness, and I'm up in the air about what they should do myself.

Keep Hill? Bradford? Draft a guy? Grab a free agent? A combination?

This is as bad as it could be.
oh I was saying we'll see what Bradford will do next year. he's gonna end up staying. Davis has no arm and awful mechanics so idk how much that can improve. the best scenario for next year is hopefully just snag a good backup. wonder where Vick goes next year. that would be entertaining if Bradford goes down lol

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
oh I was saying we'll see what Bradford will do next year. he's gonna end up staying. Davis has no arm and awful mechanics so idk how much that can improve. the best scenario for next year is hopefully just snag a good backup. wonder where Vick goes next year. that would be entertaining if Bradford goes down lol

IMO Hill is a better option than Vick, so is Davis.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Hopefully the organization is smarter than bringing in Vick. He's the one guy who I flat out would stop being a Rams fan for until he was gone.

Big Willie

Starter

It's not that I don't have faith..it's just that Tavon has not yet shown he can be a consistent playmaker in the passing game, Quick is coming off a major injury and apparently won't touch a ball until training camp, Britt is on a one year contract and has had an inconsistent career, Givens has been anything but reliable. Stedman appears to be a keeper. Now, they can all take the next step and become awesome...but to date, they have not been consistent (running routes, catching catchable balls, and helping the team every game).

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
It's not that I don't have faith..it's just that Tavon has not yet shown he can be a consistent playmaker in the passing game, Quick is coming off a major injury and apparently won't touch a ball until training camp, Britt is on a one year contract and has had an inconsistent career, Givens has been anything but reliable. Stedman appears to be a keeper. Now, they can all take the next step and become awesome...but to date, they have not been consistent (running routes, catching catchable balls, and helping the team every game).
they also haven't had one consistent QB which is huge. Tavon and Bailey are emerging you gotta give them 3 years. I blame Schotty for the Tavon problem cus the kid has been catching well this year and done everything he's been asked. Britt has had two big games the last two weeks with a QB that likes him (Davis had a problem getting him the ball) and Bailey has amazing hands obviously. the hope for Quick is simply that he'll pick up where he left off and needs Britt to be there. I'm extremely pessimistic and rightly so on a few areas but receivers are finally a solid group IMO but there's no way to test their potential until they have a solid QB giving them chances.

Big Willie

Starter
they also haven't had one consistent QB which is huge. Tavon and Bailey are emerging you gotta give them 3 years. I blame Schotty for the Tavon problem cus the kid has been catching well this year and done everything he's been asked. Britt has had two big games the last two weeks with a QB that likes him (Davis had a problem getting him the ball) and Bailey has amazing hands obviously. the hope for Quick is simply that he'll pick up where he left off and needs Britt to be there. I'm extremely pessimistic and rightly so on a few areas but receivers are finally a solid group IMO but there's no way to test their potential until they have a solid QB giving them chances.

I don't disagree with anything you've said...but it couldn't hurt to get an upgrade over Givens who I think is a one-trick pony.

Dr C. Hill

Rookie
Name
Doc
Can we draft DGB if he falls to the 3rd or 5th?

NO THANK YOU!

The only reason that man, (not kid) is not in prison today is because a witness was not able to comfortably testify. The Columbia Police had him, but could not proceed without her.I will not be a fan of criminals.

I was DGB's biggest fan in high school. I drove down to Springfield with my Wife and my then 4 year old to watch him play at Hillcrest. I was on every Mizzou and Arkansas sports board I could find to see where he would go. I even took off work on National signing day, (I know it's pathetic) to see if he would choose my school. It did come down to the wire, I believe his family had two cakes. When he did come to Mizzou, I was in awe. My school has never had a player like this. Most thought he was the best prep player in the Nation back then. I don't think that anything that he did in Columbia was missed by me. I thought he was going to be better than Calvin Johnson. It didn't take long for the fairy tale to fall apart though.

Three run-ins with the law including,(two major felonies) later, I am thinking that he is closer to Lawrence Phillips than Calvin Johnson or Randy Moss. As a local radio guy here in St Louis used to say; "You can't fix stupid".

He is the best high school player I have ever seen. There is no way that anyone can deny his talent. Character does matter though. I hope he can turn his life and career around, I also hope it is not with the Rams. Let's let someone else play Father Flanagan here. Bad people, left to their own devices, do bad things. Bad people with money can really screw some things up!

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm not sure I think any WR will get 1000 yards. Between not having a QB, Schotty most likely still being the OC, the emphasis on running the ball, and the ball being distributed amongst all the WR's, I don't feel like any of them will break 1000 yards.

You don't think any wr can muster up 62.5 yards per game with sam throwing the ball to them? Cmon man.

Memphis Ram

Legend
I'd like to see the Rams bring in another big WR like Britt & Quick who are capable of getting downfield.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I think if some of the Rams receivers were on other teams that they would be breaking a thousand already. Bailey has been wasted. Aaron Rogers, Drew Brees, Brady all would love to have him on their team. He would be a go to guy for them IMO.