The Receiving Corp 2015

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Who breaks 1,000 yards next season?

• Britt

• Quick

• Austin (multi purpose)

• Bailey

Results are only viewable after voting.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
We have found the group for the future gentlemen and next year they will shine.

Kenny Britt
Brian Quick
Tavon Austin
Stedman Bailey

Last game was depressing but the best part was simply watching each of our receivers make HUGE plays. This is the silver lining and this is what we are all dying to see in the future. These will be and should be the 4 that will lead this team back to being a Top Ten passing attack with a capable QB under center (most likely Bradford). They all have different and unique skill sets that can be utilized greatly as long as they get capable coaching. I think theres currently some streak that no Rams receiver has gone over 700 yards since Holt. So who's gonna get 1,000 next year and which one will break out? How about more than one?

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Finish the Oline, quit rotating WR so much (I think it ruins the timing) and if Bradford finishes healthy

I say all 4. If not, Britt and Quick both get it. Bradford has too much accuracy for anything short if the two.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Yeah. For the first time in years, I feel good about our group of wr's.
Next year should also be the year for Bailey and Austin make the jump.

Dr C. Hill

Rookie
Name
Doc
They must sign Britt to an extension for this to work. I still don't know if any of the other guys are starters on an average team. I liked what I saw out of Quick, but let's be honest, his production dropped the more he was seen. Bailey was a stud last week, but where has he been? Austin has been a major letdown by any measure!

I get that the QB play has been spotty, but none of these guys have ever shown any sustained qualities of excellence. I would sure look long and hard at Cooper and try to build my offense around him and Quick long term on the outside. Perhaps the investment in Tavon could be at least partially salvaged as a slot/gadget/decoy type with a better surrounding cast around him.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
With the scheme that the Rams run, I wouldn't place my money on any of the 4 breaking 1000 yards. We are a running team that utilizes tight ends a lot in the passing game and we never really lean heavily on any WR specifically.

I'd say Quick has the best shot but it's going to take a different offensive approach to get him there.

SierraRam

Recreational User
Austin has been a major letdown by any measure!

Certainly by the "8th pick in the draft" measurement. That was our fault. I agree though - his assets are numerous and certainly salvageable. I've never seen a guy have so many TD's and big plays called back by real and imagined penalties!

Bailey showed signs last year he could be special. He'll be our 1000 yard receiver in 2015. His suspension and stay in Fish's doghouse really set him back, but he and Quick will be a devastating tandem. Britt's emerged into our leader and cagey vet - who would have guessed that!

Fisher was right before the draft when he said, "we're fine at WR." I was skeptical... and wrong

lockdnram21

Legend
They must sign Britt to an extension for this to work. I still don't know if any of the other guys are starters on an average team. I liked what I saw out of Quick, but let's be honest, his production dropped the more he was seen. Bailey was a stud last week, but where has he been? Austin has been a major letdown by any measure!

I get that the QB play has been spotty, but none of these guys have ever shown any sustained qualities of excellence. I would sure look long and hard at Cooper and try to build my offense around him and Quick long term on the outside. Perhaps the investment in Tavon could be at least partially salvaged as a slot/gadget/decoy type with a better surrounding cast around him.
Quicks production dropped because teams payed more attention to him. Thats what opened up things for Britt. Not to mention Davis not staying in the pocket and let routes develop.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I'm going for Quick, and Bailey, I don't trust our current OC to get the ball in Tavon's hands. I also think we're set at RB, We just need to build that O-Line, we need road-graders, AND pass-protection!!

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
With the scheme that the Rams run, I wouldn't place my money on any of the 4 breaking 1000 yards. We are a running team that utilizes tight ends a lot in the passing game and we never really lean heavily on any WR specifically.

I'd say Quick has the best shot but it's going to take a different offensive approach to get him there.
the team was about 60-40 going pass first with Davis at QB. then we witness a terrible loss from a pass inside the 5 with Hill. run first teams don't pass inside the 5. and in 2012 Schotty came out swinging in a spread offense before Bradford went down. I don't believe a word that comes out of Schotty's mouth nor do I have any faith in him. But I do have faith in the players and they are too talented not to break out. it will happen

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Honestly I don't think any Rams receiver will break 1000 yards. But I wouldn't mind seeing 3 of them get 700 and a couple more with 500. Cook would be included in that.

Our receiver situation doesn't look as bleak as we thought before the season. But guys like Quick have got to stay healthy.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
It would be cool to have:

Quick - 1,000+
Britt - 1,000+
Austin - 700+ (Receiving, running)
Bailey - 600 - 700

I really don't think this is unreasonable. Hopefully with a healthy QB and stout running game, we become a great offensive threat. Defense is almost there. A couple pieces to this team and watch out! Go RAMS!

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
It would behoove the Rams to take a WR early if he's the BPA to protect themselves against Quick walking after next year, unless they are willing to use the Franchise tag on him.

V3

Hall of Fame
I'm not sure I think any WR will get 1000 yards. Between not having a QB, Schotty most likely still being the OC, the emphasis on running the ball, and the ball being distributed amongst all the WR's, I don't feel like any of them will break 1000 yards.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
You forgot the option for "all of the above".

:LOL::ROFLMAO:(n)

V3

Hall of Fame
Can we draft DGB if he falls to the 3rd or 5th?
I'd be slightly surprised if he makes it to the 2nd, tbh. If he falls to the 3rd, there must be some major character concerns(more than now). I haven't heard about any more issues so perhaps he's growing up? If he keeps his nose clean I just feel that teams will fall in love with his measurables and tape and forget the off the field stuff. Teams do it all the time. I'd take a chance on him in the 2nd, though.

Penguin.

Rookie
Britt, Quick, and Bailey. Put Tavon in there for screens, end arounds, tosses, etc.

Givens is a nice 5th option.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
With only these 4 on the roster you have to think they either sign or draft a WR or 2...obviously they will go to camp with about 9 or 10, but I'd think they bring in a couple guys with real NFL ability, not just the normal camp body BS.