The receiver battle

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Biggest Understatement of the post, Givens was our #1 wr last year. He had a bit of a sophomore slump.
I don't believe there will be Veltung, Moe, Blake, Franklin on the regular season roster maybe 1 or possibly 2 to the PC.
Austin, Bailey, Givens, Pettis, Britt and Quick on the final roster.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Biggest Understatement of the post, Givens was our #1 wr last year. He had a bit of a sophomore slump.
I don't believe there will be Veltung, Moe, Blake, Franklin on the regular season roster maybe 1 or possibly 2 to the PC.
Austin, Bailey, Givens, Pettis, Britt and Quick on the final roster.

You may be right, but since Bailey wont count against the 53 man while serving his suspension, I think they take a flyer on a TJ Moe or Veltung for ST value. My $$$ is on Moe. But that could just be my Black & Gold bleeding thru. But seriously, one could make a case for him sticking. The guy has a knack for making plays and catches EVERYTHING throw in his direction.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
You may be right, but since Bailey wont count against the 53 man while serving his suspension, I think they take a flyer on a TJ Moe or Veltung for ST value. My $$$ is on Moe. But that could just be my Black & Gold bleeding thru. But seriously, one could make a case for him sticking. The guy has a knack for making plays and catches EVERYTHING throw in his direction.
My heart says Moe but I have a suspicious feeling that Veltung has the inside track. Moe will need to show his stuff on special teams, It's more than likely neither makes it solely on their receiving ability

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
did that other wr from camp last year stick anywhere? The guy from the small school?

PolarBear

Rookie
Moe just reminds of Amendola...they just have so much similarities... Small, undrafted slot receivers who catch everything thrown there way. Bradford could use a reliable, go to receiver like Amendola, Edelman, or Welker. Unfortunately Moe also had injury problems like Amendola. Maybe I'm focusing on the wrong things but if Moe is even or close with Pettis after training camp, give me the guy with the higher ceiling, not the guy at his ceiling.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
↑
"I don't think that they can afford to keep him on the roster for ever just for his play in practice. Britt is showing how Quick should play and if he can't pick it up he will be gone, at least to the PS."

"Practice squad for Quick? Is that what you are suggesting?"

Yeah, I guess that you're correct. If he doesn't get it this year there is no reason to keep him.;)

Simba

Rookie
Givens showed us to be important to stretch the defense.Pettis is a survivor from the Fisher's first day "wr corp" with a good feeling with Sam.Are you sure about Quick?

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
↑
"I don't think that they can afford to keep him on the roster for ever just for his play in practice. Britt is showing how Quick should play and if he can't pick it up he will be gone, at least to the PS."

"Practice squad for Quick? Is that what you are suggesting?"

Yeah, I guess that you're correct. If he doesn't get it this year there is no reason to keep him.;)

I also don't think he is eligible for the PS. I think all six make the team (Quick, Britt, Bailey, Austin, Givens, Pettis). The player to make the first four weeks will end up being a special teams guy. Perhaps not even a WR! I think Chase Reynolds can sneak on to the 1st weeks roster because of Bailey's suspension.

Frogbelly

Rookie
Name
Frogbelly
I'm way out in So Cal. I see TC through the eyes of CoachO and the others giving us reports from being there in person. Based on what I've read, Britt made a big impression early in OTA's. I haven't heard of him doing much on the field since then. I'm reading that Moe has speed and catches everything. If that's true and it carries over to August,he has a great chance at a spot. Looking to hear more about all of them. When you report on a great catch and run, would you let us know who the db was. Sometimes it is left out.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
I think the obvious choices to make the team are Quick, Britt, Austin, Givens, Bailey and Pettis. So many debating on who goes when Stedman comes back. My guess, none of them. Nobody said it was a receiver that has to go. They'll cut the worst player on the team regardless of position. Or, an injury will open the door. I see all of these guys sticking this year.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Moe just reminds of Amendola...they just have so much similarities... Small, undrafted slot receivers who catch everything thrown there way. Bradford could use a reliable, go to receiver like Amendola, Edelman, or Welker. Unfortunately Moe also had injury problems like Amendola. Maybe I'm focusing on the wrong things but if Moe is even or close with Pettis after training camp, give me the guy with the higher ceiling, not the guy at his ceiling.

bailey will be sam's reliable go to receiver when he comes back. every team needs a wr like pettis. the fact he is seen as a role player now instead of a starter is exactly how he should be used. he's a good fit for the team.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
I think they keep 5. A 6th WR isn't competing against the other WR's for a roster spot, he's competing against a DB or OL for a spot on the roster.
Pettis to me would be the odd man out based on he's in the last contract year. They might chose to keep 1st year guy over him so they can longer control.
But if Givens doesn't perform I could see him moving on.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Could definitely see them keeping six. Say what you want about Pettis, but there's a lot of reasons why he's stuck around every year, and he can play special teams. I think he and Givens stay at least for now. On the other hand, if Britt doesn't shine in the first four games of the season, gets injured, or if he screws up off-the-field within that timeframe, he's gone when Bailey comes back, in my honest opinion. I know that it's not a popular opinion, but Britt needs to earn my trust before I name him as a lock to make the team.

I also think that Moe makes the team as a sixth wideout. Out of all of the candidates, he's the guy who has what others don't. He has the best potential to be an Amendola/Welker/Edelman type, which is something that we currently lack. And his special teams ability gives him an edge over guys like Austin Franklin.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

britt will be the rams #1 wr. he knows how to play and make plays and sam will love having him on the field.

PolarBear

Rookie
Could definitely see them keeping six. Say what you want about Pettis, but there's a lot of reasons why he's stuck around every year, and he can play special teams. I think he and Givens stay at least for now. On the other hand, if Britt doesn't shine in the first four games of the season, gets injured, or if he screws up off-the-field within that timeframe, he's gone when Bailey comes back, in my honest opinion. I know that it's not a popular opinion, but Britt needs to earn my trust before I name him as a lock to make the team.

I also think that Moe makes the team as a sixth wideout. Out of all of the candidates, he's the guy who has what others don't. He has the best potential to be an Amendola/Welker/Edelman type, which is something that we currently lack. And his special teams ability gives him an edge over guys like Austin Franklin.
Pettis won't be a pr anymore now that Austin was drafted. I'm surprised Pettis is still alive after failing to call a fair catch numerous times.