The Reason I Want Aaron Donald at 13

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I'm warming up to the idea.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
The play at 1:01 where he tackles the QB and the RB is awesome

lockdnram21

Legend
to me thats a wasted pick. We already have a lot invested in our D Line. we to invest in other areas like o line and secondary. our d line is already one of the best

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Supposedly teams have concerns about Donalds height. Fisher seems to like his Dlineman taller but he did have Donald visit. Feigning interest or real interest? Who knows but with Carrington added to the rotation DT doesn't seem to be an urgent need. But I guess if they are believers then he would make sense at 13.

I think if their is a corner they like well enough to take with their second first then that should be the priority.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Quinn / Clowney / Donald / Long / Ogletree / Brockers

They could set records that last a century.

The O line and safety can come from the next 10 picks.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Donald is a game changer on defense. There aren't many of those types of players in the NFL. If he's on the board at #13, it's a no brainer.

laramsoriginal

Starter
I think OL and cb positions must be addressed before drafting a DL.

I would be in favor of jumping back into the 1st round to draft Donald even if it means trading a future 1st round pick.

Robinson, Gilbert, and Donald would drastically improve both sides of the line and secondary

FRO

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
to me thats a wasted pick. We already have a lot invested in our D Line. we to invest in other areas like o line and secondary. our d line is already one of the best
Need is a terrible evaluator of talent. Donald is too good to pass at 13.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think OL and cb positions must be addressed before drafting a DL.

I would be in favor of jumping back into the 1st round to draft Donald even if it means trading a future 1st round pick.

Robinson, Gilbert, and Donald would drastically improve both sides of the line and secondary

No.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Trading future 1st round picks to move back up into the first round is ALWAYS a bad idea. Scratch that, it's a terrible idea. Historically, it has terrible results.

Nor should the Rams force themselves to address the CB position in the first round. Donald > Any of the CBs in this draft imo.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
Always remember the draft isn't for today. And Langston is probably only a one more year guy, But this guy can help this year. Cudjo and Conrath can both be upgraded in the rotation. And this would be one hell of an upgrade.

SierraRam

Recreational User
Trading future 1st round picks to move back up into the first round is ALWAYS a bad idea. Scratch that, it's a terrible idea. Historically, it has terrible results.

Nor should the Rams force themselves to address the CB position in the first round. Donald > Any of the CBs in this draft imo.

Exactly. We'll get a CB (they seem to like Reid), but with G.Wiiliams back I predict a better year from Tru & JJ. Besides, Donald makes our line THE BEST in the NFL. Our DB's will press and cover for about 3.5 seconds before the QB is killed.

laramsoriginal

Starter

Could care less about past draft history. If a team evaluates well and the player lives up to the hype then the trade would be worth it.

You have called Donald a future perennial pro bowler, if thats the case then he woukd most certainly be worth the future 1st, right?
And yes the rams have a big need at cb. Im not sold on tru or janoris.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Could care less about past draft history. If a team evaluates well and the player lives up to the hype then the trade would be worth it.

You have called Donald a future perennial pro bowler, if thats the case then he woukd most certainly be worth the future 1st, right?
And yes the rams have a big need at cb. Im not sold on tru or janoris.

Good that you can care less. If you couldn't care less, there might be an issue. ;)

If you go back and look, the trades have not been worth it. I would never trade a future 1st to get back into the first round.

I think Donald will be a future Pro Bowler. Which is why I'd draft him over the CB. We can get a CB in the second or third round if need be.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
I'd be good with him after we got Robinson! Fill the olg, then back up the lines is cool!

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
If we can't get Clowney at no. 2 then I want us to make a serious effort at getting Donald because those are 2 players that could turn our D-line into the best in the NFL imo.

A55VA6

Legend
I wouldn't mind Donald at 13. Pro bowl caliber talent. It will just keep this d-line great for years to come along side Quinn and Brockers.