The Rams Still Face Uncertainty at the QB Position

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
th
th

Seperated at birth?

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
You're being Petty!

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
I think Dline is a more individualized position than Oline by far. Donald was also recognized by more than just PFF as the best D linemen playing last season. I recall Rexy getting angry about it too.
the Oline is almost the same. both have different schemes and stunts etc. either way IMO Foles would be lucky to play behind a Rams line this year that's better than Foles line last year.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
I think "uncertainty" at QB is an extremely relative thing.

To me, uncertainty at QB is facing all 16 games with Hill or Davis as your starting QB in the NFC West. Like we had to do last year. Now THAT'S uncertainty.

This year we have a 26 year old former Pro Bowler with a career winning record as starter. Keenum and Davis as backups, and Mannion waiting in the wings.

We're light years ahead of last year at the QB position, if you ask me.

Big Willie

Starter
The article state the obvious. With the exception of about 10-14 teams, every other team faces uncertainty at QB. And...of those teams with established, high performing QBs they are an injury or suspension away from uncertainty (Peyton, Brady come to mind). A better title from the author would have been..."Rams Were Smart to Get Rid of Bradford, but Since Andrew Luck Was Not Available their QB situation is in Question like Most Teams in the NFL".

I think this is lazy writing and Stalter could have written something of more value.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Yes, questionable is a relative term. How many teams have their answer at QB? Sure, some teams have their answers, but I'd wager the majority do not. Are Bridgewater, Carr and Bortles really the answers for their teams? Or do they need more time to answer that? Are Winston and Mariotta the answers? Or do they still have questions? Is Manning declining in Denver? Rothleisberger in Pittsburgh? What happens to Wilson when the team around him starts declining? How good is Kapernick really? How long can Carson Palmer hold out? Jay Cutler was benched in Chicago. Every QB in the NFC South had losing records. Eli Manning too. So how good can they be?

IMO, teams not named Packers or Patriots have some sort of questions about their QB. Yet, some of them have won superbowls. And some will win superbowls. It takes more than a QB to win.

Memphis Ram

Legend
NFL defensive coordinators are smart. They figured out that Foles’ athletic limitations meant that he wasn’t much of a threat on read option keepers and thus, he couldn’t force backside defenders to hesitate in efforts not to overpursue and create easy running lanes.

Defenses also started to commit more defenders in the box in order to contain LeSean McCoy. Without a legit running option at quarterback, opponents now had the numbers to choke running lanes and limit McCoy’s ability to pick up positive yards.all pick, although questions remain about his health as well as the team’s inexperienced O-line.

In the games I watched, the Eagles running game struggled whether extra guys were committed to the box or not.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Uncertain, but a new lease on life is always positive.

Plus Foles is with a much better organization and not tied to the wackadoodle Coach Chip Kelly. There is a fine line between crazy & brilliance and right now Kelly is more absent minded than the professor.