The Rams run defense?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Rams poor tackling is killing us. And our LBs are not filling the running lanes like they should. Ogletree and Laurinaitis should be ashamed of the effort they put up in that game. Hopefully Williams will set them right. If they do that against Dallas, DeMarco Murray will have another field day. Those two need to get it together.

Rambition

Rookie
it is looking like a trouble spot. it's fixable, but they need to get it corrected, and fast.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yea... screwed up with my opening post. DeMarco, not DeMarcus... too many beers celebrating yesterday. I think we contain him somehow, we win. We can't let him go off for a couple hundred like he usually does against us. I think Romo will throw us a few too.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
People are quick to forget that Rainey played pretty well last year, including 163 against Atlanta and 127 against Buffalo. Dude ain't exactly a slouch.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I saw some improvement....so there's a start....not sure if it's all missed tackles, or not in the gaps...lets stop the missed tackles and see where we are.

A55VA6

Legend
It just better get fixed otherwise next week Murray is going to run 200+yards like he does every time he plays us.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
The Rams poor tackling is killing us. And our LBs are not filling the running lanes like they should. Ogletree and Laurinaitis should be ashamed of the effort they put up in that game. Hopefully Williams will set them right. If they do that against Dallas, DeMarco Murray will have another field day. Those two need to get it together.
IF your referring to Last years game against Dallas, I agree. If your referring to the TB game I don't agree at all!

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
If the Cowboys follow their pattern from the last few years, they will shit the bed against us on Sunday-DeMarco included. It is uncanny how they have followed up good wins with terrible losses....

AZRamsFan93

We really need to step it up on defense in general. We are currently ranked 30th against the run, 5th against the pass and 17th overall. Before you get too excited about that pass ranking:

- We are 5th in the NFL giving up only 172 yds/game
- We are giving up 71.7% completions (28th in the NFL) - good news - 29th is Seattle!!
- Opposing QBs passer rating is 98.9 (22nd in the NFL) - also good news - Seattle is 26th at 104!!
- We only have 1 sack in 2 games.

I am hoping this has more to do with learning a new, more aggressive defense than anything else.

No better time to bring it all together than this week against the Cowgirls!

F. Mulder

Starter
I think the run D was quick to the ball and to the gaps for the most part they simply do not tackle well. Way too many times a RB was stopped for a loss or no gain and still squirted forward for 2-3 yards. They need to wrap up. BTW, the LBer play has been very bad.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
I saw some improvement....so there's a start....not sure if it's all missed tackles, or not in the gaps...lets stop the missed tackles and see where we are.

Raineys no slouch and neither is Murray. But Murray's not a guy who should have 700 yards against us in 3 games or something stupid like that. We need to play gap control defense and tackle well.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
With our front 7 and our quality backups, I expected to dominate the LOS. With the talent level on this team that should be the expectation. That has not happened. I can see excusing the 3rd QB, some of the young wrs and young secondary. But there is no way we should look like we do in the run game. Not against TB. Two games, 1 sack? TB did a better job getting pressure with a camp line. I'm not saying they are playing terrible, but they are way below potential, IMO.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
I was expecting more from the front seven as well, but Chris Long being out hurts us.

RamWoodie

Legend
News Flash!!! Just because Williams came in as DC and the players like the style of play, doesn't mean they each KNOW how to play in it!!!

Give it some time folks! As players get more comfortable with the defense, they will gel. The Rams D did better than against the Vikes. The Cowboys are next and there's a week of practice. Sunday's coming!