The Rams Have Struck Gold!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I've been a Rams fan since 1969. I'm from Hawaii and back in the 1970's, we had "satellite live games". Most fans cheered for the Rams, Cowboys or Vikings. I was born in LA and my dad was a Rams fan, therefore.....

In the 70's and 80's, the Rams were almost a playoff fixture but could never win the big one. They fielded powerhouse teams but always fell short in the playoffs. In the 90's we were probably the worst team in the NFL. In 1999 when Trent Green went down, I was devastated. "We will rally around Kurt Warner, and we'll play good football". It was a dream season but it was short lived. A handful of years later we were the worst team in the NFL again.

Fast forward to the hiring of McVay. I thought he was very young but realized this young man knew what he was doing. Especially when he said Wade Phillips was his DC.

The Rams are likely the #1 ranked team right now. Big deal. In the NFL, rankings don't matter. We are not the NCAA, we settle it on the field.

But as a fan, even though I really want the Rams to take the title this year, I honestly feel that McVay is a football genius and as long as he is our coach (hopefully 30+ years), the Rams will win a handful of super bowls and will be in contention for many years to come. Like Belechik without the cheating.

The Rams have struck gold. Mr. Kroenke, please give McVay a long term lucrative extension.

I have sipped the kool aid officially.

Psycho_X

Legend
Yeah I think it's safe to say, barring some epic disaster, McVay is going to get quite the pay raise in the offseason. The dude is impossible to not like. Hopefully he's the next Belicheck dynasty except likeable.

McVay's first true test will be how well he replaces coaches. If we make it as deep in the playoffs, if not win the super bowl, there will be an exodus of our coaches getting sucked up and promoted by other teams wanting to catch some of the magic. But the way McVay is presenting himself to the league I think he'll have his pick of coaches to choose from wanting to join the team and coach for him. Whenever Wade decides to retire there will be big shoes to fill. But hopefully we've won 5+ super bowls by then. :)

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
After the Chargers game I had the same feeling (and sometimes in the summer too, as I reflected on the very good 2017). Starts with McVay, but ends iwth players.

This helps Goff and Gurley are pretty humble, like Ike, and that helps a lot. Warner was humble, I think something changed by around 2001, and then 2003-2003 it became rank....guessing.