The Rams' first Sports Illustrated covers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
By Ryan Van Bibber@justRVB on Jun 4 2014

Los_Angeles_Rams_-_Imgur.0_standard_783.0.jpg

The Rams made their first appearance on the SI cover back in 1961.

Making the cover of Sports Illustrated is always a pretty neat deal for your team or favorite players. Even if you don't read the magazine anymore, it will always be one of the great honors of the sports world. Unless your guy ends up cursed or something.

The Rams made their first appearance in October 1961, featuring running back Jon Arnett. That also happened to be Deacon Jones' rookie year, but his SI covers came later.

The St. Louis Rams got their first cover in October 1999. Hmm, wonder what was happening that year. Speaking of, 2014 is the 15th anniversary of the Greatest Show on Turf. No pressure, 2014 Rams, no pressure.

( via Reddit NFL)

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
By Ryan Van Bibber@justRVB on Jun 4 2014

Los_Angeles_Rams_-_Imgur.0_standard_783.0.jpg

The Rams made their first appearance on the SI cover back in 1961.

Making the cover of Sports Illustrated is always a pretty neat deal for your team or favorite players. Even if you don't read the magazine anymore, it will always be one of the great honors of the sports world. Unless your guy ends up cursed or something.

The Rams made their first appearance in October 1961, featuring running back Jon Arnett. That also happened to be Deacon Jones' rookie year, but his SI covers came later.

The St. Louis Rams got their first cover in October 1999. Hmm, wonder what was happening that year. Speaking of, 2014 is the 15th anniversary of the Greatest Show on Turf. No pressure, 2014 Rams, no pressure.

( via Reddit NFL)

I love that issue with Kurt on the cover, it has coverage of the day we finally broke the curse of the 49ers and sent a 3-1 team into a tailspin that ended with a 4-12 season - while our beloved Rams went 13-3 and got a ring! What a great time to be a Rams fan :)

ED_29

I wish the Rams still wore those gold pants... I want to see a cover like that this year

Only this time saying ARRIVED!!! Sam Bradford takes NFC West by Storm!

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
I wish the Rams still wore those gold pants... I want to see a cover like that this year

Only this time saying ARRIVED!!! Sam Bradford takes NFC West by Storm!

Really? I thought those pants were bad looking. Anything that was shiny looked bad in my opinion.

Anyway, hopefully we'll see a cover like that this year :sneaky:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Really? I thought those pants were bad looking. Anything that was shiny looked bad in my opinion.

Anyway, hopefully we'll see a cover like that this year :sneaky:

Ditto. I hate the gold pants. Unless you enjoy looking at ass sweat.

69superbowl

Rookie
Don't do it. I know one of you smartasses has it, but don't put up the picture of Geo&@*% and Bert-freaking-Jones. Don't do it.