The Rams Draft History

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Just looking back as a quick glance. Les Snead & Sean Mcvay have MUCKED The Rams Draft Picks UP!!!
When drafted I was under the belief these players were good.I know of late I would have done things differently.

1998 Charlie Armey did an excellent job. Those player really set The Rams up for winning & becoming The Greatest show on Turf.

Robert Holcomb gets over looked.

Roland became a team lead & an excellent run blocker.

Az - was electric & excellent PR guy. Tommy Horne(kr?)

Then to find TWO EDGE RUSHERS!! Grant Winstrom and Leonard Floyd
-add 2017& 1977 were 2 of my favorites

Last edited:

oldnotdead

Legend
If there is one thing Snead & Co are, it's unpredictable. They absolutely march to a different drummer. They have a plan and they stick to it. Rarely do they draft who you expect or when you expect. With most teams I'd be ignoring the first round simply because the Rams draft starts in the second.....or does it? With Snead you never know. They love their small school players and their scouting is very good in that regard.

They draft for traits, that's where media like Jourdan get it wrong. They are looking for physical and mental traits when they draft. When they draft BPA at position of need it doesn't necessarily mean the same as we think of it. Many times it includes small school players that most of us know little about. So frankly each draft is a surprise.

Sometimes they get it wrong, but other times it's a HR. All GMs are feast or famine to a degree. But for those that like to see the negative over the positive they simply need to hit enough to put together a winning roster. I don't see this draft as one that is to backfill depth. I see this draft as the beginning of a new run. IMO if they hit on just their first 5 picks this team will have a completely different complexion leading into the season.

They also hit on many UDFAs so you can't sleep on them either. IMO that is where they get their backfill role players. Just a few more days and we will have a whole lot of answers to our questions.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Agree that The Rams(Snead & scouting) are GREAT with UDRFA’s

Mcvay & coaching staff help elevate those players.

In 2021 - I can see 6 impact players come 2023.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
If there is one thing Snead & Co are, it's unpredictable. They absolutely march to a different drummer. They have a plan and they stick to it. Rarely do they draft who you expect or when you expect. With most teams I'd be ignoring the first round simply because the Rams draft starts in the second.....or does it? With Snead you never know. They love their small school players and their scouting is very good in that regard.

They draft for traits, that's where media like Jourdan get it wrong. They are looking for physical and mental traits when they draft. When they draft BPA at position of need it doesn't necessarily mean the same as we think of it. Many times it includes small school players that most of us know little about. So frankly each draft is a surprise.

Sometimes they get it wrong, but other times it's a HR. All GMs are feast or famine to a degree. But for those that like to see the negative over the positive they simply need to hit enough to put together a winning roster. I don't see this draft as one that is to backfill depth. I see this draft as the beginning of a new run. IMO if they hit on just their first 5 picks this team will have a completely different complexion leading into the season.

They also hit on many UDFAs so you can't sleep on them either. IMO that is where they get their backfill role players. Just a few more days and we will have a whole lot of answers to our questions.

Just looking back at this post & I see you make a comment of Rams drafting from SMALL SCHOOLS? Who is from a SMALL SCHOOL?
The area SCOUT in WASHINGTON found EASTERN WASHINGTON guys because that school was playing well & drafted Cooper Kupp & Ebukham. That was 2017 & Sean Mcvay was just starting out. Rams drafted Gerald Everett.The Rams only had 1(Higbee) TE. Kittle was out there late(Iowa).,but Everett(south Alabama)was a SEAN Mcvay pick!!!

2018 Demby ? Maine - he was worth a shot late.His value was there.
2019 Memphis- Pollard came out same season & The Rams(Mcvay) traded up to get him.They had a bowl season w/ 1 loss?

2020 - Sam SLOMAN who Mcvay & Snead had some weird connection there.A kumbiya pick.

2021 Central Arkansas- Robert Rochelle who just got CUT!!
- Then Jacob Harris a Soccer guy from Central Florida.All combine type numbers. Oh yeah - Chris Garrett (Concordia)

2022 - Daniel Hardy - Montana St.
CUT !!

So yes -/ Cobie Durant SC State-

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I think you meant Leonard Little
Yep - Leonard Floyd as Rams Fans know . Sort of owed Aaron Rogers 1. Still remember that fake pass Floyd jumped up for & Aaron Rigers basically walked into the Endzone.

Leonard Little wore #1 at Tennessee if I recall right.
He really turned into an excellent pass rusher.