The Rams did get some good news on both players(Kupp/Woods) after the game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Kevin

Pro Bowler
Both concussion events seemed to be blatant to me. Maybe defenders should start getting suspended for 8 games. I won't lie, that while I was listening to the the radio call I immediately wondered if these were purposeful attempts to cripple our offense by taking out two of our best playmakers early in the game. I wasn't as sure after seeing the Kupp hit, but still wonder about the knock out of a guy (Cooks) with a concussion history
This is a little off topic, but it just galls me to see Rodney Harrison with a TV job. One of the dirtiest f'ing players of his time and he gets to be an analyst, like an ambassador for the game. I wanna throw him down a flight of stairs.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not sure about 8 but yeah... if the NFL wants to do anything but ACT like they care about player safety, this needs to be addressed.
Yeah, you're right...10 games....I can almost hear their defensive coach "If you see a knock out shot on Cooks, take it. We'll pay the fine.."

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Flags fly, but the penalty, as everyone expected to be for helmet to helmet, was on the Rams.

It wasnt on the Rams it was a D hold by the guy covering Cooks before the pass. If it had been on the Rams it would have been seattles ball as the refs ruled it a catch and fumble with seattle recovering it.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
You live in California too?
Yep, about 45 miles south of you. Oh you mean CA is a concussed state, took me a minute. My brain function has been a little slow ever since I quit doing drugs. Which is an upgrade from where it was while I was using drugs.

Ram65

Legend
Sounds like they both will be back against the Broncos. Good that they have to go through the protocols and stayed out of the game. The injuries around the league are starting to take a toll on some teams. Hope the Rams can stay healthy the rest of the way.

spamlord

Rookie
Call me paranoid, but I would sit Cooks for the Denver game even if he passes all concussion protocol tests.

After his Super Bowl concussion and now this one, I say bubble wrap is ass for 2 weeks.

cooks.0.gif

It looked like Seattle's Tedric Thompson was trying to hurt Cooks.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_cFKEptYpY

I’m a bit more concerned than most in this thread. Id prefer a little more information before any coach declares Cooks or Kupp as ‘ready to play” Here is a good read about a pro athlete trying to come back from a serious head shot https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/marc-savard-bruins-hell-and-back

JYB

Starter
Call me paranoid, but I would sit Cooks for the Denver game even if he passes all concussion protocol tests.

After his Super Bowl concussion and now this one, I say bubble wrap is ass for 2 weeks.

cooks.0.gif

It looked like Seattle's Tedric Thompson was trying to hurt Cooks.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_cFKEptYpY

Notice that even Seattle fans didn't cheer when the refs indicated the Seahawks had recovered the fumble. And why? Because the entire stadium knew the hit was illegal, saw the penalty flag and new immediately assumed the hit was flagged as flagrantly illegal. And that the fumble recovery would not stand.

Of course, the flag was for holding, not the hit. Apparently, the hapless Stevie Wonder refs were the ONLY knuckleheads in the entire stadium that didn't realize it was an illegal hit.

Ken

Starter
Name
Ken Morris
Like another poster said, Cooks needs to learn to get down like Bruce used to do and avoid those dirty head shots as much as possible or he may not make it through his contract with the Rams. And that would be a shame cause he's a hell of a player.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

what a horrible "tackle". let's call it what it was, a shoulder charge. if a player did that at speed like this in the national rugby league he would be suspended for weeks. if the nfl was worried about player safety it would ban this type of tackling. the only way players will learn how to tackle properly is to sit for a while and think about it while they lose game cheques.

Varg6

Starter
Name
Jake
Like another poster said, Cooks needs to learn to get down like Bruce used to do and avoid those dirty head shots as much as possible or he may not make it through his contract with the Rams. And that would be a shame cause he's a hell of a player.

While I agree, I'd say Cooks has had two really unlucky hits where I don't think he really even had a clue the hit was coming.

dang

Legend
Cooks will be out this week is my guess. I would like to see the same for the Seattle defender.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF

what a horrible "tackle". let's call it what it was, a shoulder charge. if a player did that at speed like this in the national rugby league he would be suspended for weeks. if the nfl was worried about player safety it would ban this type of tackling. the only way players will learn how to tackle properly is to sit for a while and think about it while they lose game cheques.
Disagree with you mate. Thompson lowered his head and led with his helmet. I think of it like a shark attacking. A shark will charge full speed and roll its eyes into the back of their heads before attempting a kill shot.

No different here, Thompson lowered his head for the kill.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Disagree with you mate. Thompson lowered his head and led with his helmet. I think of it like a shark attacking. A shark will charge full speed and roll its eyes into the back of their heads before attempting a kill shot.

No different here, Thompson lowered his head for the kill.

this is why they need to sit if they do this shit. was it countess that did the same hit to saints te last season? hasn't played a game since and will likely need to retire because of concussion issues. crazy why players are still allowed to do this shit. stupid nfl and their fake player safety rhetoric.

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
Ok guys let’s not be hypocrites here. Remember back in 2014 when McLeod knocked out Sanders. We all thought what a great hit that was and how or D was bad ass. Well this hit was somewhat similar. Shoulder to the head and concussion. I don’t believe the defender was headhunting. These guys are running fast out there. It happens. This is football.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
I'd say Cooks has had two really unlucky hits where I don't think he really even had a clue the hit was coming.

IMHO, the first hit he was blindsided. The second one (vs. Sea.) he knew it was coming and ducked to protect himself, but got KO’d anyway.

I agree, NFL needs to keep protecting receivers from head hunting safeties.

You can tell the ones who do it intentionally. And yes, the hits from Countess last year were blatantly dangerous.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I'd like to see a fine and also the offending player should be out for the same length of time as the guy who got hit. So, that would mean immediate removal of the hitter for the remainder of the game, and as many games as the ball carrier may miss, including practice.

I think dbs and lbs would start being more conscious of charging at the head.