The Rams are now the 3rd-most valuable franchise in the NFL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
The Rams are now the third-most valuable franchise in the NFL
By John Breech | CBSSports.com
January 20, 2016 7:54 pm ET

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...-the-third-most-valuable-franchise-in-the-nfl

Rams owner Stan Kroenke will never come out and say it, but a big reason he moved his team to Los Angeles is because there's almost no ceiling to the amount of profits Kroenke will be able to make there.

The Rams owner will basically be able to print his own money once his $1.86 billion stadium complex is up and running in Inglewood, California.

Although the stadium isn't expected to be finished until 2019, that doesn't mean Kroenke won't see any immediate financial benefits from his team's move to L.A.

Take the Rams' valuation, for instance. According to Michael Ozanian, the executive editor for Forbes, the franchise is already worth a lot more money, thanks to the move.

"It doubles the value of the team," Ozanian told the Washington Post this week.

That means the Rams' value shot up from $1.45 billion to $2.9 billion the minute the NFL made the move official. That also means the Rams are now the third-most valuable team in the NFL, behind only the Cowboys ($4 billion) and Patriots ($3.2 billion).

When Forbes released its annual rankings of most valuable NFL franchises back in September, the Rams were ranked 28th.

"That valuation incorporated the fact they were portable," Ozanian explained. "We didn't know they were going to Los Angeles specifically but we knew they were portable. That value assumed they had the ability to leave."

The magazine won't officially be updating its NFL rankings until later in 2016, but when they do, you can bet the Rams will be a lot higher than they were in 2015.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Does that translate into wins?
For Stan Kroenke it does

SnakeOilSalesman-450px.jpg

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yep. This is one reason why Kroenke did not want to stay in St. Louis.

fearsomefour

Legend
This is why it sort of cracked me up when people talked about attendance at the games.
Its of no bearing really.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Well, lets just hope our beloved Rams get daily news coverage on TV.

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
That might just double again once that stadium is up and running.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
Well worth the $550m relocation fee from Kroenke's point of view.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Yep. This is one reason why Kroenke did not want to stay in St. Louis.

It is the biggest reason. His comparatively small initial investment in the team has just ballooned up in a matter of minutes.

Now what I find bizarre is the Patriots are #2 (I actually do think of them as #2 but that is different). When I was a kid the Patriots were nobody. They never had a competitive team and they had few fans. Now they are at second most valuable franchise? WTF? Shows what winning can do for a team/owner I guess. Thing is when Belicheat moves on and Brady retires and the return to average, that value position will surely come back down to reality. Give it a decade or two. Being in L.A. will always keep the Rams near the top in value, even if they aren't making the playoffs.

JerseyRam1

Rookie
Not surprised in the least. Next will be how the Rams shoot from 31st in popularity and 32 in merchandise sales to the top 10, if not higher. Lets hope all of this translates to wins, something us Rams fans crave! The Rams have won so often during the off season (RGIII trade, Move back to LA, Gurley, Donald, etc)...now wins must happen during the season.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
And they're 3rd now and that's before the City of Champions project is complete. It was never up for debate that the franchise would increase in value and keep in mind that ESK bought the team for $550 million, but right now it's time to focus on one thing and one thing only.

Winning football games!

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
The rich get richer....
but really...Just wow?!? How much, is enough? What do you do with an extra billion $$$?

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
So I keep hearing this from west coast folks but apparently just being in LA is all it takes to be a winner. Just the sun and fun and proximity to all the beautiful people is all that's needed. Balls stop being dropped, tackles are a sure thing, FG attempts fly straighter...

...I'm really excited to see how this works!!!

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Kroenke took a mid-level NFL franchise and turned it into the NFL's marketing showpiece. He also tripled his fame and fortune in the process. It is easy to accomplish things like this when you have time and money (and WalMart) at your disposal.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
So I keep hearing this from west coast folks but apparently just being in LA is all it takes to be a winner. Just the sun and fun and proximity to all the beautiful people is all that's needed. Balls stop being dropped, tackles are a sure thing, FG attempts fly straighter...

...I'm really excited to see how this works!!!

The Rams will now be the NFL's home team, that is sure to weigh heavily in the officiating and if the Rams were to get caught videotaping an opponent the NFL would just sweep it under the rug. This is how moving to LA= wins

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Kroenke took a mid-level NFL franchise and turned it into the NFL's marketing showpiece. He also tripled his fame and fortune in the process. It is easy to accomplish things like this when you have time and money (and WalMart) at your disposal.
I hear Walmart is closing between 100-200 stores. Inglewood project repercussions? Unrelated?
Hmmmm....