The Rams are going to win it all

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Its that dead time of year. Football is like oxygen for me and maybe I'm just nearly braindead from lack of it or maybe I really smell something in the air - but I think the Rams are positioned right now - this year.

The Defense is ready to be the kind of unit that can win games all by themselves. We will be better in coverage - especially in the slot and we are lot deeper back there as well. Our pass rush is capable of putting up historic numbers - very few of us would be surprised if this team broke the sack record - would we?

The offense is finally going to find the consistency to put up 24 - 28 pts every game. It will start along the O Line where we finally have a group that can move the defense off the line of scrimmage. When we need a yard, we can just go take the yard. Our receivers will know their assignments - they will be ready to play fast. Sam will have time and he will have targets where he needs them - thats about all he has ever needed - but Sam isn't going to need to drop back 50 times a game. We will be eating up defenses on the ground - which will only free Cook, Britt, Tavon, and the rest of the downfield threats.

Special Teams was great last year, but I think they take a step this year as well. How good would our STs have looked if we didn't have 4 or 5 flags hanging out there on the field? Hekker is the best punter in the league, Greg can kick 60 yarders, Tavon can score on any return - and we are so much more athletic out there in coverage than we have been in years past. We even have some return sizzle behind Tavon.

Yes, we have a tough schedule, yes - the NFC West is quite possibly as good as any division in football has ever been - both of those factors are just going to make us more playoff ready. This is team is poised - and they are going to win the Super Bowl - this year.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I like it. I like it a lot.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I have high hopes for the secondary so I'll buy in on that but Bailey? Bailey has me frustrated. He could have been Mr. Reliable. He was important to special teams. If he was there game one, I would feel a LOT better about the Rams chances.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
On Bailey - every team needs a little reminder now and then to jolt them back to reality. Bailey is that reality. Yeah, we would rather not have lost him - but doesn't he seem like the kind of guy who will make that work for him? Don't you think Fisher and Co. will make that lesson do its job and make that extra roster spot work for them for 4 weeks? Thats 4 extra weeks for some diamond in the rough (I'm looking at you Ethan Westbrooks) to cling to a roster spot. But yes, Bailey is going to be a move the chains receiver on this team for many years to come.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
On Bailey - every team needs a little reminder now and then to jolt them back to reality. Bailey is that reality. Yeah, we would rather not have lost him - but doesn't he seem like the kind of guy who will make that work for him? Don't you think Fisher and Co. will make that lesson do its job and make that extra roster spot work for them for 4 weeks? Thats 4 extra weeks for some diamond in the rough (I'm looking at you Ethan Westbrooks) to cling to a roster spot. But yes, Bailey is going to be a move the chains receiver on this team for many years to come.

So many sparkly things, Reid, Roberson, Westbrooks....I hear the UDFA LB & one of those receivers (TE?) can really play too....Diamonds in the rough...can't wait!

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
47291002.jpg

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Oh yeah, our ducks are in a row and I'm damn well ready for it!