The Pro Bowl is a joke

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I need to rant really quick here. Viewer discretion advised.

You know what? FUCK the Pro Bowl. When Denver and Carolina won this weekend I was excited for one particular reason. RECOGNITION. Trumaine Johnson and possibly Janoris Jenkins were finally going to get their moment. The spotlight, the name, even some extra cash in their pocket. Whatever, they earned it.

So I wait. And wait. And still nothing. What was I waiting for? An announcement that AT LEAST Johnson was replacing someone in the Pro Bowl. Made sense right? 7 interceptions(2nd in the league), one returned for a touchdown, 15 passes defended and plenty of solid tackles. I mean, how hard would it be for people to look at some stats and maybe watch a couple highlights to realize maybe they made a mistake by not voting him in the first place?

I kept seeing these graphics of some local players being added onto the rosters(Tyrod Taylor, some LB I never heard of). And I was wondering when I would see something on the Rams page. I needed to check just to make sure I didn't miss something. And what did I find that the replacement players for Aquib Talib, Chris Harris and Josh Norman were not totally who I expected. Vontae Davis and Brett Grimes have been there before. I get it. They might not be great but it is what it is because people know them. Pacman Jones. Meh, he's a thug and should probably be in jail but the Bengals were decent and he was part of the defense. But DESMOND FUCKING TRUFANT? HE HAD ONE INTERCEPTION THIS YEAR!!! WHO THE FUCK IS VOTING FOR THESE GUYS? I barely knew he was even healthy all year. It's completely pathetic and embarrassing as an NFL fan to see random fucking players get added onto an apparently all star list of names when they are barely average.

I know most of you don't care. And I realize some responses will be "well he just got good this year and plays for a small market". Did it take long for Dick Sherman to get in? All he had to do was talk a lot and people said oh look it's the dreadlocks having guy who talks a bunch of shit. Better make him famous. It makes me sick. Sports isn't even about being the best anymore. And that's the worst part about this. I get that it's a popularity contest but it shouldn't be. It's only going to get worse too. I won't be watching the Pro Bowl this year. I hope our players decide not to attend.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
1292.gif

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
I never watched it and with the way all the subs have been chosen it gives me even less desire to watch it.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
What's even worse is how 4-3 OLB's never get voted in now because they don't get sacks like 3-4's do.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick

You know what? freak the Pro Bowl. When Denver and Carolina won this weekend I was excited for one particular reason. RECOGNITION. Trumaine Johnson and possibly Janoris Jenkins were finally going to get their moment. The spotlight, the name, even some extra cash in their pocket. Whatever, they earned it.

So I wait. And wait. And still nothing. What was I waiting for? An announcement that AT LEAST Johnson was replacing someone in the Pro Bowl. Made sense right? 7 interceptions(2nd in the league), one returned for a touchdown, 15 passes defended and plenty of solid tackles. I mean, how hard would it be for people to look at some stats and maybe watch a couple highlights to realize maybe they made a mistake by not voting him in the first place?

I kept seeing these graphics of some local players being added onto the rosters(Tyrod Taylor, some LB I never heard of). And I was wondering when I would see something on the Rams page. I needed to check just to make sure I didn't miss something. And what did I find that the replacement players for Aquib Talib, Chris Harris and Josh Norman were not totally who I expected. Vontae Davis and Brett Grimes have been there before. I get it. They might not be great but it is what it is because people know them. Pacman Jones. Meh, he's a thug and should probably be in jail but the Bengals were decent and he was part of the defense. But DESMOND freaking TRUFANT? HE HAD ONE INTERCEPTION THIS YEAR!!! WHO THE freak IS VOTING FOR THESE GUYS? I barely knew he was even healthy all year. It's completely pathetic and embarrassing as an NFL fan to see random freaking players get added onto an apparently all star list of names when they are barely average.

I know most of you don't care. And I realize some responses will be "well he just got good this year and plays for a small market". Did it take long for Dick Sherman to get in? All he had to do was talk a lot and people said oh look it's the dreadlocks having guy who talks a bunch of crap. Better make him famous. It makes me sick. Sports isn't even about being the best anymore. And that's the worst part about this. I get that it's a popularity contest but it shouldn't be. It's only going to get worse too. I won't be watching the Pro Bowl this year. I hope our players decide not to attend.
It's been like this for two decades or so don't understand the rant?

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
some LB I never heard of

I'm not exactly sure who you're talking about here. Every LB selected deserves to go. Anthony Barr, Derrick Johnson, Lavonte David? 3 of the best LBs in the game right there, easy.

Also, interceptions aren't the only stats for a DB. For a long while this season, Desmond Trufant was the best CB in the NFL. He was rarely targeted because he shut down his guy on almost every snap. He was giving up an incredibly small passer rating when targeted and a low catch rate. Trufant earned the right to be in the Pro Bowl. Calling him average shows that you have never seen him play.

Just because we're all homers doesn't mean we have to diminish other player's accomplishments. They played well too. Maybe there are some who don't deserve it, but in my opinion, the ones you have a problem with do in fact deserve it.

lockdnram21

Legend

You know what? freak the Pro Bowl. When Denver and Carolina won this weekend I was excited for one particular reason. RECOGNITION. Trumaine Johnson and possibly Janoris Jenkins were finally going to get their moment. The spotlight, the name, even some extra cash in their pocket. Whatever, they earned it.

I kept seeing these graphics of some local players being added onto the rosters(Tyrod Taylor, some LB I never heard of). And I was wondering when I would see something on the Rams page. I needed to check just to make sure I didn't miss something. And what did I find that the replacement players for Aquib Talib, Chris Harris and Josh Norman were not totally who I expected. Vontae Davis and Brett Grimes have been there before. I get it. They might not be great but it is what it is because people know them. Pacman Jones. Meh, he's a thug and should probably be in jail but the Bengals were decent and he was part of the defense. But DESMOND freaking TRUFANT? HE HAD ONE INTERCEPTION THIS YEAR!!! WHO THE freak IS VOTING FOR THESE GUYS? I barely knew he was even healthy all year. It's completely pathetic and embarrassing as an NFL fan to see random freaking players get added onto an apparently all star list of names when they are barely average.

I know most of you don't care. And I realize some responses will be "well he just got good this year and plays for a small market". Did it take long for Dick Sherman to get in? All he had to do was talk a lot and people said oh look it's the dreadlocks having guy who talks a bunch of crap. Better make him famous. It makes me sick. Sports isn't even about being the best anymore. And that's the worst part about this. I get that it's a popularity contest but it shouldn't be. It's only going to get worse too. I won't be watching the Pro Bowl this year. I hope our players decide not to attend.
Smh.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm not exactly sure who you're talking about here. Every LB selected deserves to go. Anthony Barr, Derrick Johnson, Lavonte David? 3 of the best LBs in the game right there, easy.

Also, interceptions aren't the only stats for a DB. For a long while this season, Desmond Trufant was the best CB in the NFL. He was rarely targeted because he shut down his guy on almost every snap. He was giving up an incredibly small passer rating when targeted and a low catch rate. Trufant earned the right to be in the Pro Bowl. Calling him average shows that you have never seen him play.

Just because we're all homers doesn't mean we have to diminish other player's accomplishments. They played well too. Maybe there are some who don't deserve it, but in my opinion, the ones you have a problem with do in fact deserve it.
Here's my thing. I'm only a major homer when I know our players deserve it. Johnson was the best CB in the league this year. Like, easily. Players get in all the time with flashy stats and the one guy left with actual stats to prove to even an average football fan that he deserved to get in, doesn't? Trufant hasn't been top 5 in anything this year. INT, Passer rating allowed, passes defended, nothing. People look at the name and automatically vote for them. I watched plenty of Trufant this year. Whenever the Panthers or Bucs played them.

I gave credit to the guys who got in. Even though I still don't agree with it. Pacman wasn't that great. I want to watch the best of the best. And when one of those guys is wearing horns, I'm going to push HARD for it to happen. Also, I was talking about a Bills linebacker. I think it's Nigel Bradham who did play well this year. I'm just surprised anyone knew him.

Last edited:

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
Well the bright side to our players not being chosen is money.They would have asked for more money had they made the pro bowl.Now resigning both Tru and JJ will be a little cheaper as opposed to paying a pro bowler.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Johnson was the best CB in the league this year. Like, easily.

See, that's my problem with this. You're overrating Tru. He's not that good. He's top 15, and possibly top 10 or top 5, but best in the league easily? He wasn't that good. On skills alone, I would much rather have had Verrett, CHJ for starters. But that's cool, you can think whatever you would like. This is a place for homers after all, I respect that.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wait, there's still a pro bowl?
Is it still the week after the Superbowl in Hawaii??

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
See, that's my problem with this. You're overrating Tru. He's not that good. He's top 15, and possibly top 10 or top 5, but best in the league easily? He wasn't that good. On skills alone, I would much rather have had Verrett, CHJ for starters. But that's cool, you can think whatever you would like. This is a place for homers after all, I respect that.
Being #1 in passer rating allowed(49.3), 2nd in Interceptions and having given up only one touchdown isn't good enough for even top 3 status? I mean, I know stats don't prove everything. But they do prove SOMETHING. And this year Johnson was the best at what he is getting paid to do. Picks, frustrating the QB and shutting down opposing WRs.

Ramfansince79

Rookie
Name
Ramsfan79
and on a similar note, Kobe is starting on the all NBA team and Draymond Green is not. We're surrounded by idiots!

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole

I love how you're thinking Brudda !

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Can't rush the passer, no one plays full out. Might as well call it flag-football cause that's what it really is.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
The pro bowl just simply isn't entertaining football. When both like especially literally stand up and let a play happen (which I've seen), it's hard to watch. Nobody is going to get hurt playing a meaningless game. I would seriously rather learn to sew than watch the PB.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The pro bowl just simply isn't entertaining football. When both like especially literally stand up and let a play happen (which I've seen), it's hard to watch. Nobody is going to get hurt playing a meaningless game. I would seriously rather learn to sew than watch the PB.

They should just do the Skills Challenge instead of the Pro Bowl. People would enjoy that more and the players wouldn't have the same injury risk.

But DESMOND freaking TRUFANT?

Desmond Trufant was probably the most deserving of the CBs you named.

Johnson was the best CB in the league this year.

No, he wasn't. He wasn't even the best CB on the Rams. Dude wasn't even close to the best CB in the league.