The power of McVay showcased in chart form

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Must be a coincidence.....

MachS

Hall of Fame
After over a decade of losing and 5-6 of those years being a complete laughingstock, we we're DUE to hit a home run.

Sean McVay in one year has completed almost a full 180° turnaround. Can you imagine how good we'll be after 3 or 4 years?

Special, special, special person and coach.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
The 2016 Rams were the worst in every statistical stat compared to every other team from both years. McVay somehow took that team to the top in his first season. Just wow.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I can't help but notice that the Titans are low on those lists.

Also the 49ers have improved.

And Washington is at the bottom. I wonder who left the Skins that would have that kind of impact?(n)

The Ramowl

Starter
When you look at Belichick's career, you realize it took him a lot of time to arrive at his level of coaching and winning.
For a first year at HC this is insane, McVay definitely deserves to by named coach of the year

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
McVay is awesome, but let's remember this is improvement. Last year was a very low bar to pass. High school office after all ...

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
McVay is awesome, but let's remember this is improvement. Last year was a very low bar to pass. High school office after all ...

Ok debbie downer lets also enjoy the fact that their new numbers put them at 11th overall in yards per drive 2nd overall in scoring rate per drive and 6th in td rate per drive. To make a huge leap from your own stats is one thing but to accomplish the huge jumps in league rankings in each of these categories is another.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie

For most of the season I still had doubts. But the way they responded against New Orleans after getting beat in Minny changed my mind. It was then I thought they could actually be a playoff team. But I didn't think they were a Superbowl caliber team just yet.

Then the blowout in Seattle. It showed what they are capable of. Look around the NFC. Are the other contenders clearly that much better than us? I don't see it. Who has a more complete them us? Offense, defense and special teams together, we're the most complete team in the conference. Not saying we're gonna win the NFC but we have just as good a chance of it as anyone else.

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ok debbie downer lets also enjoy the fact that their new numbers put them at 11th overall in yards per drive 2nd overall in scoring rate per drive and 6th in td rate per drive. To make a huge leap from your own stats is one thing but to accomplish the huge jumps in league rankings in each of these categories is another.

Not being a downer at all. It is spectacular what has been done by McVay. But this specific analytic, by definition, only looks at change versus last year's numbers. A blind chimp with type two diabetes could have beaten those numbers.

So I am not saying McVay isn't awesome. My chubby for him is no smaller than yours. I'm just saying that this chart itself only tells us about the difference between this year and an historically brutal season.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
Not being a downer at all. It is spectacular what has been done by McVay. But this specific analytic, by definition, only looks at change versus last year's numbers. A blind chimp with type two diabetes could have beaten those numbers.

So I am not saying McVay isn't awesome. My chubby for him is no smaller than yours. I'm just saying that this chart itself only tells us about the difference between this year and an historically brutal season.

The Debbie downer thing is just some good natured ribbing but you're missing the point and the chart does way more than show the rams personal improvement. Yes their percentage gains of self improvement from last year to this year are amazing because of how bad they were last season. As we notice, they have the best improvement percentage increase in all 3 stats. However, throw that out for a second and just focus on the other columns. The fact that they climbed so high in these same 3 categories based on league rankings of these stats is very impressive. For instance is it better that they have the greatest improvement percentage in score rate per drive which is saying how the rams did this year compared to last year, or is it better that in this same category, they went from worst to 2nd best in the league.

Last edited: