The playoffs never change. The NFL is no parody.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
Teams in division, a consistent vision for the team/approach on O and D and a top QB. That is in my opinion basically it.
Brady, Manning, Brees, Rodgers, Ben....these are the guys who have dominated the playoffs for a long time now. Every now and then someone else steps up quickly or someone fades away.
Would it surprise anyone if New Orleans jumped back into the playoffs and won the NFC South next year? The division is weak and they have a franchise QB in place.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Every notice the teams consistetly in the playoffs don't make coaching changes every other year? Just because things don't go right one season or another, they don't panic and listen to what fans whine about.

The Steelers are a perfect example of that. When Todd Haley was brought in, people hated him. They wanted him gone, game after game. Now they have the best offense in the NFL and are AFC North champions. How about the Rams stay the goddamn course for once? Continue building what they have in place.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
We need a franchise QB.

+1. Look at the playoff teams this year: GB - Rodgers; NE - Brady; PIT - Big Ben; DAL - Romo; etc. We may get sick of seeing them in the playoffs, but until they day they retire or are seriously injured, we'll see the same teams again & again.
Look at Denver: the second they got Peyton Manning (& dumped Tebow), they instantly became Super Bowl contenders. They had a great defense led by Von Trapp, all they needed was a franchise QB. Kinda like us... :D
Look at Carolina: Say all you want about Cam being overrated... he's in the playoffs, not us. And it wouldn't surprise me if he took them all the way.
Look at the Ravens: Yeah, they squeaked in, & Flacco is a bit overrated, but again... wouldn't you rather have him on our team than S. Hill?

This year's offseason is crucial for Snisher to install a franchise QB. They can't afford to keep rolling the dice w/ Bradford's knee. They couldn't afford it THIS year TBH. Still smh that they didn't have an adequate plan B, thru the draft or F/A.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
As has been stated, it is all about the QB. The only time this team has been even relevant over the last 25 years is when we had Warner...and for a few years Bulger. OL and coaching has to figure into that as well, but the common denominator in most cases is a solid QB and coaching staff.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
The way the NFL is set up in terms of trying to achieve parity is good in my view. Especially bearing in mind how success in football (soccer) over here is basically down to how much money a team's owner has and very few other factors play a part.

Some things can't be controlled though. Strength of schedule for example is based on the previous season's record. Well a team can go from worst to first making that redundant but how else can it be done?

There are all sorts of things put in place to help a team like the Rams or the Raiders to stop sucking but the league can't achieve parity in relation to the owners. The Raiders are severely hamstrung by the Davis' and we were in the same boat prior to Kroenke became majority owner.

All the teams you mention have put plans in place for sustainable success. Of course it helps if you have Brady behind centre for as long as the Pats have (as well as other extra-curricular activities). It might be boring but I'm not sure what more the league could do as long as you've got mental owners hanging around.

Except when we had the worst record in the league along with the Colts at 2-14 in 2011 and in 2012 draft traded with Washington... the Colts ended up with the easiest schedule in the NFL.

Our Rams ended up with the third hardest schedule in the NFL.

third hardest last year.

Hardest this year, if the math held out.

Yeah... winning...not winning... I can't TELL you the last time our Rams caught a break schedule wise... I realize we play the NFC West, but outside the NFC West? C'mon...even when it comes to home/away, by the time the games are played it ends up being the worst combo possible.

That part alone is getting frustrating...

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I always hear about how the NFL is a parody but is it really? I can pretty much predict who's going to be in the playoffs every year and whos gunna suck. It's just getting boring every year watching the god damn Patriots get the #1 seed and basically get in the AFC championship game. How is it possible that the same teams seem to get bad QB play and a mountain of injuries year after year? The Rams, Redskins, Raiders, Bills, Browns, Jets, Jaguars, Titans and Bucs can be pretty much be counted on to round out the top ten of the draft each season. I'm so tired of the refs too. I'm done getting excited now. Of course I'll cheer my ass off each game forever. But until I see some results I'm not going to get my hopes up. It's been too long since the playoffs. And it's frustrating to see the same teams in the playoffs while we struggle to build a freaking Oline for 10 years.
images22.jpg
yes-absolutely.jpg

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
Hey, nobody (including myself) thought the Cowboys would be undefeated on the road, or that we have the #1 QB (passer-rating) and #1 RB, or make the playoffs.
Also, you're all Cowboys fans now. :effemine:

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
Except when we had the worst record in the league along with the Colts at 2-14 in 2011 and in 2012 draft traded with Washington... the Colts ended up with the easiest schedule in the NFL.

Our Rams ended up with the third hardest schedule in the NFL.

third hardest last year.

Hardest this year, if the math held out.

Yeah... winning...not winning... I can't TELL you the last time our Rams caught a break schedule wise... I realize we play the NFC West, but outside the NFC West? C'mon...even when it comes to home/away, by the time the games are played it ends up being the worst combo possible.

That part alone is getting frustrating...

Trouble is that schedule is set for infinity now...there are no surprises. The order can change, but who and when is pretty well locked in. There are only 2 "results" driven games. They could change this, but then you do not see every team "eventually" which was the goal of the system - we will all play each other eventually.

I agree that the idea we end the season with SEA 3/4 years is silly...but we have to play there every year.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I wonder how Warner and Bulger would have done playing in 2014 behind our present O-line and with Schotty calling the plays? Let's not forget that those two QB's were healthy in their prime. A QB needs to be durable as well as being solid.
I think they would have gotten pasted behind this line as well. Those 2 were lucky to have the cast around them that they did, but I have no doubt that they would have been able to produce more wins with this team than anyone QB currently on our roster. Big stretch right?

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Hey, nobody (including myself) thought the Cowboys would be undefeated on the road, or that we have the #1 QB (passer-rating) and #1 RB, or make the playoffs.

FUCK THE cOWBOYS

And their sarcophagus face owner.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Knock the Seacocks out and I'll root for you guys to win it all.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
freak THE cOWBOYS

And their sarcophagus face owner.

You know Jerry's actually been dead for about 5 years now, right? What we see is leftover plastic surgery material that's somehow....animated.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm with @Tron. I'm rooting for Dallas because fuck the Cardinals, Seahawks, Lions and Panthers. I don't mind the Packers though.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
I'm with @Tron. I'm rooting for Dallas because freak the Cardinals, Seahawks, Lions and Panthers. I don't mind the Packers though.
I fucking HATE the packers and their retarded fans. They're so annoying. And those retarded little cheese hats? Don't get me started! Haha

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I wonder how Warner and Bulger would have done playing in 2014 behind our present O-line and with Schotty calling the plays? Let's not forget that those two QB's were healthy in their prime. A QB needs to be durable as well as being solid.
And have some pieces around him to keep him upright and run the ball after he hands it off and catch it after he throws it. This team's talent was so bad when Fisher got here they could not have won in the NCAA