The Patriot Way

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

wv

Rookie
nighttrain said:
Hernandez arrested and released before noon
train

The police are probably happy he made bond. They might want him to do something stupid.

Anyway, its pretty standard for defendants to be arrested and 'released before noon'. Unless you are poor.
Then you sit in jail because you cant make bond. Its a lovely system.

w
v

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
According to BSPN ... the patsies have RELEASED Hernandez

nighttrain

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Selassie I said:
I just hope the Rams never do this to a player, they didn't with LL
train
ps i'm talking accused, not convicted

bluecoconuts

Legend
wv said:
nighttrain said:
Hernandez arrested and released before noon
train

The police are probably happy he made bond. They might want him to do something stupid.

Anyway, its pretty standard for defendants to be arrested and 'released before noon'. Unless you are poor.
Then you sit in jail because you cant make bond. Its a lovely system.

w
v

No, he's still in cuffs with police. The Patriots just cut him within an hour of him being arrested.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
nighttrain against knee jerk injustice:
Selassie I wrote:
train

I agree with your main point but three things:
1) Getting off on a technicality might be great for our overall justice system but it isn't good enough to stay a Ram IMO.
2) Pleading to a lesser charge might be great for our overall justice system but it isn't good enough to stay a Ram IMO.
3) LL should have been kicked off the team IMO.

Bonus point: Possibly the Cheatriots know more about the circumstances involved here than we do and/or this might have been the last straw.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
albefree69 said:
Possibly the Cheatriots know more about the circumstances involved here than we do and/or this might have been the last straw.

That's where my money's sitting right now. I don't think the patsies cut him on an obstructing justice charge alone. That would be ridiculous. There's flat out more to it.

nighttrain

Legend
albefree69 said:
nighttrain against knee jerk injustice:
Selassie I wrote:
train

I agree with your main point but three things:
1) Getting off on a technicality might be great for our overall justice system but it isn't good enough to stay a Ram IMO.
2) Pleading to a lesser charge might be great for our overall justice system but it isn't good enough to stay a Ram IMO.
3) LL should have been kicked off the team IMO.

Bonus point: Possibly the Cheatriots know more about the circumstances involved here than we do and/or this might have been the last straw.
Killing is one thing, protecting a boyhood friend is anther issue. If you wouldn't have my back after me saving you from gangs and such while growing up, well, glad we're just cyberbudddies
train
ps is it a murder charge? if it's obstruction of justice, Hernandez is just being a true, but stupid, friend

nighttrain

Legend
One other thing, if in your life you've never made a mistake, I mean something really stupid, throw all the stones you can carry. Otherwise STFU
train

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
RamFan503 said:
albefree69 said:
Possibly the Cheatriots know more about the circumstances involved here than we do and/or this might have been the last straw.

That's where my money's sitting right now. I don't think the patsies cut him on an obstructing justice charge alone. That would be ridiculous. There's flat out more to it.

No question in my mind that is true. I'm certain Kraft or Belichik got some info we don't have from the police. The police are going to do that for the local team every time in every city.

To me this points to him being more involved than knowing it happened, or he has been a problem behind the scenes more than we know and they decided enough was enough when this shit hit the fan.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
And Al brought up an interesting point in all this. Let's not forget our hatred for the patsies. I truly hope they are stuck with his salary against the cap. May they rot in hell.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
RamFan503 said:
And Al brought up an interesting point in all this. Let's not forget our hatred for the patsies. I truly hope they are stuck with his salary against the cap. May they rot in hell.

He was cut so if I recall correctly part of his salary and signing bonus will count against the cap. I think the bonus accelerates to this year in full, so if he had a 10 mil bonus on a fopur year deal and there were three years left then 7.5 mil from the bonus will hit this year. Those are just made up numbers I'm using there. His salary I believe would be prorated but since the whole season is yet to be played his entire salary also hits the cap as well.

I could be wrong but I think that's how the new system works.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
nighttrain raising friendship and paying back life debts above all else:
Killing is one thing, protecting a boyhood friend is anther issue. If you wouldn't have my back after me saving you from gangs and such while growing up, well, glad we're just cyberbudddies
train
ps is it a murder charge? if it's obstruction of justice, Hernandez is just being a true, but stupid, friend

Paying back a life debt is hugely important but at what cost to others? More importantly in my mind is the fact that while you may feel you owe that person complete loyalty, you should also take responsibility for your own actions. Pay back your friend and then take your medicine like a man.

IMO of course.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
I haven't been reading the reports. Was he arrested on Murder or Obstruction?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Stranger said:
I haven't been reading the reports. Was he arrested on Murder or Obstruction?

Murder.

And... others. A total of 5 counts many of which are firearm related.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Didn't this schmuck shoot someone else in the face not long ago also?? Hernandez is NOT some "nice dude taking up for his buddy". He seems like a thug wannabe who hangs out with other thug wannabes. Fuck em' & feed em' beans.....

bluecoconuts

Legend
Faceplant said:
Didn't this schmuck shoot someone else in the face not long ago also?? Hernandez is NOT some "nice dude taking up for his buddy". He seems like a thug wannabe who hangs out with other thug wannabes. Fuck em' & feed em' beans.....

Softli said he thinks that one of his friends rolled over on him.