The Packers next #1 WR?????

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
" The popcorn: Get it ready.

At 48 years old, Hall of Fame wide receiver Terrell Owens is returning to professional football. He is joining the Fan Controlled Football league, where he is expected to be paired with quarterback Johnny Manziel on the Zappers for the season's April 16 start.

"I'm looking forward to throwing with Johnny or whomever the quarterback may be," Owens told ESPN. "If it's Johnny Football, it doesn't matter if it's Pee Wee Herman, as long as they throw the ball where it needs to be and ... put it in my catch radius, I'm going to do my best to make some stuff happen with it."

Owens has not played professionally since 2010, when he caught 72 passes for 983 yards and nine touchdowns with the Cincinnati Bengals, but he has never considered himself retired from the game and maintains he can still play at a high level.

"I wasn't given the opportunity to play. That doesn't mean I retired," Owens said of his NFL career. "Has Colin Kaepernick retired? [He's not in the NFL] because he hasn't been given an opportunity.

"I can do a lot of things that people feel I can't do. It's not a matter of me going out there and trying to prove anybody wrong. I just don't like the notion that people see it, even in the National Football League, it's almost like, OK, you've reached a certain age at whatever point in time in your life and they feel like you can't play anymore or your skills decline to a degree. Of course everybody's skills at some point may decline, but I think there are certain people that kind of defy those odds, and I think I'm one of those people."

Owens opened some eyes in 2020 by keeping pace with Miami Dolphins wide receiver Tyreek Hill in a race. More recently, he said he ran the 40-yard dash in the 4.4-second range and remains in great shape.

"If Tom Brady can do it, if they can marvel at some of the things he's done, I'm no different than Tom," Owens said of the 44-year-old Brady. "Yeah, I play the receiver position. Obviously, the risk is much higher, but with anything, with any sport, injuries are part of the game. I don't go into a situation with the notion that I am going to get hurt or I can't take a hit; that makes no sense to me. For me, I know that I'm a special individual.

"So if [an opportunity to play in the NFL] arises or comes about because of playing in Fan Controlled Football league because they see me take hits ... then so be it. But that's not what I'm actively pursuing. It's a partnership with Fan Controlled Football league. It's to help grow what they're trying to do, even attract some guys who may be at home, not doing anything."

The FCF is a 7-on-7 league that empowers fans to make key decisions for their favorite team, including calling plays in real time. Games will be streamed on the Fubo Sports Network. Owens will be miked up for the games, the league announced Wednesday, and an alternate game-day broadcast will include Owens' behind-the-scenes access and sideline interviews with celebrity guests, FCF owners and players."

----SOSATO

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Never short on ego, Owens has always been in great shape. Can he play in the league? I would put him ahead of some of the jokers there.

Fuck Kraperdick

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
When the USFL and XFL dont even consider you, but you still insist you can play?
100% NFL material
But by "NFL" we're talking Narcissistic Fucking Loser

Psycho_X

Legend
Lets see if he still has those alligator arms at 48 years old. I remember Aeneas knocked those arms a bit shorter in one game with a great hit.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Anybody who plays sports as a kid will remember the thrill of reading your name in the local paper. You might have felt like you were a celebrity. Well some guys don't grow out of that. Owens is one of them. Some of them still play in the NFL. Which is why I thought Green Bay being mentioned in the title was fitting!

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Joe Dirt Rodgers is gonna have that SMH, undue the chin strap, look of disgust walking back to the sideline to punt again and again.
His self inflicted failures will only make Stafford's success even sweeter. Oh, I haven't been seeing many new Jake from State Farm commercials with him lately, but I do love Staffords new ATT commecial.