THE Ohio State University!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
52cfa562021c4c144f132c85c40a1ec19d1e1fedb4dc0764ed06e137d1ae826c.jpg

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
Goota Love those Buckeyes.. Getting my flag out right now with injured knee.. lol GOOOOOO BUCKS!!!!

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Goota Love those Buckeyes.. Getting my flag out right now with injured knee.. lol GOOOOOO BUCKS!!!!

Fight the team across the field
Show them Ohio's here,
Set the earth reverberating
With a mighty cheer,
Rah! Rah! Rah!
Hit them hard and see how they fall,
Never let that team get the ball,
Hail, hail, the gang's all here,
So let's win that old conference now.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Amazing what Jones and Elliott did today.. Even with the turnovers.. Great game @den-the-coach

The offensive line helped a little too, seeing that Jones had all day to pass and the Pregon Dline couldn't stop the same plays over and over.

Congrats to you fellow Rams fans on the win, but Ohio State will always be my despised conference rivals.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
The offensive line helped a little too, seeing that Jones had all day to pass and the Pregon Dline couldn't stop the same plays over and over.

Congrats to you fellow Rams fans on the win, but Ohio State will always be my despised conference rivals.
Haters gonna hate :p lol let me guess you a Michigan man

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

We still love ya, looking forward to some great future battles with the Maze & Blue.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
@ den-the-coach. And @Rabid Ram, God No!

I am a PSU grad. I have been following PSU since the late 70s. My first year there was 86 when they upset Miami for the National Championship. The few years that PSU has been any good in the 2000s they always had to get past either Michigan or Ohio State. Mostly it has been OSU so even though OSU and Michigan is the long time rivalry, PSU fans consider Ohio State to be their biggest rivals.

We beat you guys this year. Anyone that watched knows Ohio State was gifted a field Goal 3 seconds after the play clock ran out. A 5 yard penalty turns that into a punt. But as a Ram fan I am used to getting shafted by refs. The B1G seems to favor OSU and Michigan every year, at least their refs do. So any victory we get is even sweeter.

I was so glad when Trestle got booted. I always thought he was a shyster. Then they got Meyer and instead of taking a step back they improved when Trestle left. Be careful what you wish for is the moral of that story. Had I known Meyer was coming to town I would have drove to Columbus and took the blame for Tattogate myself to prevent it.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Congrats Den. The best team definitely won last night. I certainly had high hopes for Oregon but I also kept telling people that Urban would have that other OSU (Oregon State University pre-dates by two years) ready to play. Really irritated me that everyone thought Alabama would have been tougher. The Buckeyes were just way too strong for the Ducks. It was not a fun night for us here.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
@Corbin I am not sure how I would feel as a Rams/Michigan fan right now. I would love the prospects for the future, but already hate the new Head Coach.

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
@Corbin I am not sure how I would feel as a Rams/Michigan fan right now. I would love the prospects for the future, but already hate the new Head Coach.
LOL
I'm loving it, Harbough will get out program straightened out from the turds we had in there since Lloyd Carr retired.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
LOL
I'm loving it, Harbough will get out program straightened out from the turds we had in there since Lloyd Carr retired.

Lloyd Carr was a turd. He was very easy for opposing fans to dislike. Decent coach, unlikeable person. But who says a coach has to be likable.

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
Lloyd Carr was a turd. He was very easy for opposing fans to dislike. Decent coach, unlikeable person. But who says a coach has to be likable.
Lloyd Carr kept our beloved school respectable and brought Big 10 titles and a National Championship. Meh, I'm sure if he cared what any OSU fan would like him. The same could be said of the turd Woody Hayes or the cheater Jim Tressel but suppose that's a story for another day. I don't like either one of them but they were both a good coach. lol

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
@ den-the-coach. And @Rabid Ram, God No!

I am a PSU grad. I have been following PSU since the late 70s.

Well, first off I sincere apologies about attaching you to the Maze & Blue and being a Penn State Grad I also want to congratulate you on graduating from such a fine institution. I won't disagree with your assessment this year, but IMO over the years watching Penn State is like watching paint dry and as old school as I claim to be can you put something on the damn helmet? A number, I understand the rationale, but give us something.;)

Looking forward to exchanging posts next year and friendly wager on the beverage of choice...Here's mine...
MAC25.jpg

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
You guys make me sick....

Ah my Ram Brother I wish Jim Harbaugh as many National Championships as his mentor and Ohio State alum Bo Schembechler had.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Well, first off I sincere apologies about attaching you to the Maze & Blue and being a Penn State Grad I also want to congratulate you on graduating from such a fine institution. I won't disagree with your assessment this year, but IMO over the years watching Penn State is like watching paint dry and as old school as I claim to be can you put something on the damn helmet? A number, I understand the rationale, but give us something.;)

Looking forward to exchanging posts next year and friendly wager on the beverage of choice...Here's mine...
MAC25.jpg

I wanted Paterno to retire in 98' but where would that have gotten us? Sanduskey would have been head coach. At least the world wouldn't have been blaming Joe for what Jerry did. Joe was so outdated. He was too old and his staff ran the show. They were with him long enough that he trusted then to do the recruiting, the coaching. Joe didn't even show up for all of the practices. He wanted too badly to get his son a head coaching gig. Shoving Jay Paterno onto the PSU faithful was a sticking point for many Joe Loyalists.

I have been wanting PSU to join the present day of college football for over 14 years and now it is finally going to happen. But thanks to the sanctions it is going to take a few years to catch the team up. The roster was depleted, only having 65 scholarships and getting the ships back still means it will take 3 years to get to full strength. OBrien was a lousy Oline recruiter. PSU played two third string DTs at guard this year. So I fear PSU wont be the best competition. I couldn't believe they played OSU as good as they did this year. I expected a blowout that I would sleep through the second half instead I got a win.......at least a regulation time win. OSU kicked our butts in OT. Just think that one bad bad bad call would have kept OSU out of the playoff.

I am still a bit burned by the way Urban was the first guy to poach recruits after hanging around State College during Joe's demise. He stood by Joe to the end, even had fans thinking he was taking the reigns. Then he got wind of the possible sanctions and jumped to OSU and took PSUs best recruits with him. Then he proceeded to run up the score on a beaten down PSU team. So the rivalry is strong for me.

I am always up for a good drink. I like Laphroiag quarter cask myself but cannot say I have ever had MaCallan. Ardberg is a pretty good scotch too.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I am always up for a good drink. I like Laphroiag quarter cask myself but cannot say I have ever had MaCallan. Ardberg is a pretty good scotch too.

Scotch is like pizza & sex, it's all good, just some is better than others. I concur with your assessment on Paterno I like many thought highly of him, but I think that the way many felt. Penn State is a fine program and I'm not blind when it comes to Urban, but it's nice to finally beat the SEC and King Nicholas the first.

I expect Franklin will do a great job at Happy Valley and I am looking forward to more classic games in the future.