The official vent thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

duckhunter

Starter
Oh my, I must talk to my therapist about this uncontrolled anger that I have.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
The call on Dunbar bothered me a lot more because he did not make contact with his head at all….really it was like he just touched his jersey. That is a ref anticipting a hit that didnt happen. I cant agree with you on the call on the Boldin hit. I dont think it was an intential thing but having watched it 3 or 4 times I see him hitting him in the helmet….again, not GOING for his head and Boldin was moving, so, I dont like the call but it is going to get called.
I agree with you both the non call with Givens and TA.
But either way this is a sloppy team and this plays right into it. Kap has had four good passing games. GB, Wash and St. Louis twice. Our pass D blows plain and simple.
Washington lost, thats good.

I'll have to watch the Trumaine hit again. I might be transposing it and Dunbar's hit. Anyway, another poorly called game and we didn't do much to help our own cause. I suppose at least the refs in our game were good enough not to move the chains forward and then right back the next play. What jokes.:rolleyes:

RamzFanz

Damnit
I'll have to watch the Trumaine hit again. I might be transposing it and Dunbar's hit. Anyway, another poorly called game and we didn't do much to help our own cause. I suppose at least the refs in our game were good enough not to move the chains forward and then right back the next play. What jokes.:rolleyes:

Oh yeah? Go watch the first Niners series and note that it should have been 2nd and 20.

They CALLED a 10 yard penalty and repeat 2nd down. They just never moved the chains.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
This is my problem with the officiating in any NFL game. There is no transparency in their "corrective measures." All we ever see is things like Brockers' not being fined for his penalty, or the refs from the Carolina game not letting today's game get away from them. The NFL doesn't allow criticism of the officiating. Why? Because Goodell and his office doesn't hold the officials responsible. They like the ambiguous rules that allow so many different interpretations. It's their version of Murphy's Law in every game.

Not to mention this also allows them to influence how the games are officiated.

I'm done. Not with the Rams but with the NFL, I refuse to watch another game until there is a full game where the Rams don't get screwed by a bull shit call 5/6 times a game. Someone PM me when that happens.

jap

Legend
This is my problem with the officiating in any NFL game. There is no transparency in their "corrective measures." All we ever see is things like Brockers' not being fined for his penalty, or the refs from the Carolina game not letting today's game get away from them. The NFL doesn't allow criticism of the officiating. Why? Because Goodell and his office doesn't hold the officials responsible. They like the ambiguous rules that allow so many different interpretations. It's their version of Murphy's Law in every game.

Not to mention this also allows them to influence how the games are officiated.

As a longtime sports fan, one of the things that has become more & more obvious to me is that referees, officials, and assorted persons are regarded as representing the authority of the league, association, or whatever the parent sports body calls itself. Any attacks on an official is treated as an attack on the authority of the parent body itself, and that is never tolerated in any sports league.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I hesitate to add to this furor because most evrything being said has merit, but here goes.

Although I disagreed with the fake punt,I can't imagine San Fran was surprised ,the TD we suffered as a result I still don't make a part of what I think this game indicated about this team vs. the team that got housed by San Fran earlier this year,IN OUR HOUSE WITH OUR FRANCHISE GUY,
we made progress and I'm dis-----------appointed, but not dis----------------pondent, but for some sloppy catching by our wrs. a recurrent theme I think has to be addresed through practice and possibly a coaching change at the wr. level , I thought we represented under the circumstances .
I hate the chippeness, I think it's more a sign of fear than guts, screw trying to intimidate, your there to hit em anyway just put that energy into the next hit, just walk the walk. Wish we'd won.thought we could have ,still do, and in the end ,does anyone REALLY THINK we could have won the first one? I don't ,so IMO San Fran , needs to be grateful,and I promise they KNOW today they had a game yesterday.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
As a longtime sports fan, one of the things that has become more & more obvious to me is that referees, officials, and assorted persons are regarded as representing the authority of the league, association, or whatever the parent sports body calls itself. Any attacks on an official is treated as an attack on the authority of the parent body itself, and that is never tolerated in any sports league.
I agree. And that makes the entire situation a conflict of interest. There isn't any desire to improve the officiating because they have control of the product.

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
Everything on here is legit. For me though really it came down to the fake punt try. Say what you will but after everything that happened and that went against the Rams the first three quarters, they were only down 10 with a quarter to play. Does that mean that they would have come back to win? I'm not sure. But the defense was settled in and keeping the score low. I could see a fake punt try if there wasn't much time left but they had plenty. They got into field goal range in a later drive so that could have cut the lead to 7. Not to mention they weren't trying any hurry up offense. There was time still left and giving those free points to them to make the lead 17 points pretty much sealed the game way too early. On a side note, Ridley was benched for a game for fumbling issues by the Pats. Maybe we should think about something like that for guys who keep dropping the ball.