The Official Tailgate Thread for Rams vs Puckers 08-16-14

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
What you all planning to feast on before, during, and after the game? Post it and recipes here... I'm doing one of my staples in Hungarian Hot Wax Poppers. Easy to do but just damn time consuming but worth it.. It is as follows.

Many Jumbo sized Hungarian Hot Wax Peppers.
16 Oz of cream cheese or more.
2 cups of shredded sharp cheddar cheese or more.
At least 1 LB of slab bacon.
* The amount of cheese and bacon used depends on the amount of peppers naturally.

De-stem and slice peppers in half removing the seeds and fiber.
*** I save most of my seeds to put back into cheese mixture. This adds much more heat to the popper. Hungarians do have a tendencey to lose their heat when cooked. I've also put Caribbean Red powder in the cheese to add even more heat.

Fill in the peppers with the cheese solution and put back together. Wrap them with bacon slices and bake on 350 until bacon is done and crisp.

A friend of mine has even put rice in the cheese solution. You can use your imagination. :cool:

Next up on the list is my homemade potato salad.

5 LBS of skinned potates
4 stalks of celery thickly chopped
A dozen farm fresh brown eggs.
2 large red onions thickly chopped.
Real mayonise.
A few tablespoons of mustard (to taste).
Before mixing add 3 tablesppons of garlic powder and salt to taste.

Next up is Bratwurst on the grill. I boil them a bit in beer, then hit them on the grill. Condiments make them damn good. Using my pickled peppers, chopped onions, and some spicy brown mustard.

It's going to be a good day for watching RAM football. Let's hear what you all are doing. Peace.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Sammy "Golden Boy" Bradford back in action! I've been waiting for this moment since CAR of last year. Very excited!

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sammy "Golden Boy" Bradford back in action! I've been waiting for this moment since CAR of last year. Very excited!

Me too brother. From reports he has some weapons he's connected with. Talking Bailey and Britt. Time will tell. Who's at LT tomorrow since Jake not playing?

PhxRam

What you all planning to feast on before, during, and after the game? Post it and recipes here... I'm doing one of my staples in Hungarian Hot Wax Poppers. Easy to do but just damn time consuming but worth it.. It is as follows.

Many Jumbo sized Hungarian Hot Wax Peppers.
16 Oz of cream cheese or more.
2 cups of shredded sharp cheddar cheese or more.
At least 1 LB of slab bacon.
* The amount of cheese and bacon used depends on the amount of peppers naturally.

De-stem and slice peppers in half removing the seeds and fiber.
*** I save most of my seeds to put back into cheese mixture. This adds much more heat to the popper. Hungarians do have a tendencey to lose their heat when cooked. I've also put Caribbean Red powder in the cheese to add even more heat.

Fill in the peppers with the cheese solution and put back together. Wrap them with bacon slices and bake on 350 until bacon is done and crisp.

A friend of mine has even put rice in the cheese solution. You can use your imagination. :cool:

Next up on the list is my homemade potato salad.

5 LBS of skinned potates
4 stalks of celery thickly chopped
A dozen farm fresh brown eggs.
2 large red onions thickly chopped.
Real mayonise.
A few tablespoons of mustard (to taste).
Before mixing add 3 tablesppons of garlic powder and salt to taste.

Next up is Bratwurst on the grill. I boil them a bit in beer, then hit them on the grill. Condiments make them damn good. Using my pickled peppers, chopped onions, and some spicy brown mustard.

It's going to be a good day for watching RAM football. Let's hear what you all are doing. Peace.

Are those red potatoes?

I also like a splash of pickle juice in the mix.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Are those red potatoes?

Nope Idaho this round. I've used reds many times and they are great for changing it up. Believe me we also have many jars of pickles this year. However, I'm not a fan, so the Mrs. will be doing hers seperate. Just like I will be doing my caribbean powder seperate..

That said, I did some cukes with my hungarians and damn.. A good combo...

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Not gonna lie, I'm a wee bit nervous to see him playing a quarter without Long protecting his blind side. Oh well, here we go! :notsure:

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Not gonna lie, I'm a wee bit nervous to see him playing a quarter without Long protecting his blind side. Oh well, here we go! :notsure:
I expect there will be a tight end on that side while he's in there. Hope so!

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Me too brother. From reports he has some weapons he's connected with. Talking Bailey and Britt. Time will tell. Who's at LT tomorrow since Jake not playing?

Saffold may be out, too. Robinson may get his start against Pepper. Well that sux... Lol. Just pound the rock.

Bradford did say he was ready to take some hits. I hope he wasn't foreshadowing.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Yeah it's time to take the bubble wrap off give Sammy a chance to play ,first play screen to Pepper's side

Joeluke9

Rookie
Hey guys, my girlfriend and I are going to the game today, and I was just wondering what time the doors open. Is it still 90 minutes before kickoff for preseason games? Thanks and GO RAMS!

fearsomefour

Legend
Saffold may be out, too. Robinson may get his start against Pepper. Well that sux... Lol. Just pound the rock.

Bradford did say he was ready to take some hits. I hope he wasn't foreshadowing.
No ball player considers themselves injury prone and none consider themselves soft....I'm sure he wants to get into the flow of a game, including getting knocked down.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Are those red potatoes?

Are you originally from the south somewhere? That is a southern thing, like covering mac and cheese or scalloped taters with crumbled fritos. Some things are very regional.

A320driver

Rookie
Going down to the game ...My wife has a nasty peanut allergy and needs to bring to epinephrine pens..do they allow her to put them into a 4x6 inch purse ?
Also ! Pre game venue ..Dubliner..over/under..other places Anyone our first time ?
Thanks guys !

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Are you originally from the south somewhere? That is a southern thing, like covering mac and cheese or scalloped taters with crumbled fritos. Some things are very regional.
I always put something crunchy on something cheesy. Chips, fried onions, whatever works.
I wonder if I'm the only one who mashes potato chips up on his sammiches too.

bluecollarram

Starter
Name
Dave
I always put something crunchy on something cheesy. Chips, fried onions, whatever works.
I wonder if I'm the only one who mashes potato chips up on his sammiches too.
crushed chips on a "sammich" is da bomb
BTW i'm from STL
Don't know if you can get them where you live but, Red Hot Riplets by Old Vienna r da shiz