The Official ROD Football (Soccer) Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
And the new season starts with Hull City having just advanced to the Premiere League taking down the champ!! What a match!!

Darn it Old School, that was the only match i have yet to catch up on this morning!
The Arsenal v Liverpool tomorrow has me extremely tense
can't wait to see how Man City plays today with Pep at the helm (scary stuff)
Being a Baggie fan i am at 15 min in - we look sort of dangerous at times

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Darn it Old School, that was the only match i have yet to catch up on this morning!
The Arsenal v Liverpool tomorrow has me extremely tense
can't wait to see how Man City plays today with Pep at the helm (scary stuff)
Being a Baggie fan i am at 15 min in - we look sort of dangerous at times
Oooops! First time ever a defending champ lost their opener the next season, can't expect me not to say something! I didn't watch the WBA match just saw highlights, I was watching Everton vs Tottenshit.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Oooops! First time ever a defending champ lost their opener the next season, can't expect me not to say something! I didn't watch the WBA match just saw highlights, I was watching Everton vs Tottenshit.

Yes and to lose to Hull is extremely dark outcome for the foxes to start their season

Man City looks like they will be contending for the title this year, they look good without Toure falling asleep in the middle, I doubt they drop many games this year as they continue to gel under Guardiola. Stones looks solid and Nolito and Raheem are gonna thrive

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Anyone beside me not digging the howler monkey that keeps flying at me during replays - or is that supposed to be a lion... not impressed by the rebranding of "Premier League"

image.jpg

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Pretty lackluster start to the 2nd half. More than I expected TBH with so many hurt. Looks like it could be a long season though.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
Throwing the team I love under the bus, if you need a great laugh today please look up the goal the goalie of the Sounders allowed (caused) yesterday. It's sure to brighten your day.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Go Middlesbrough! I like this team from the little I've watched them.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
I hope Simmy is there. What a strike that was.

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
Great game, wasn't able to get a ticket for today unfortunately(They sold out in 20 minutes o_O ), but was watching with my mates in the local. Played some nice football at times, but a little shakey at the back for my liking.
Still, a really promising start to the season, and great to have an upper hand over the mackems!

Any of the ROD West Ham lot over at the Olympic Stadium?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Great game, wasn't able to get a ticket for today unfortunately(They sold out in 20 minutes o_O ), but was watching with my mates in the local. Played some nice football at times, but a little shakey at the back for my liking.
Still, a really promising start to the season, and great to have an upper hand over the mackems!

I've got some breakfast ready and the game is on the TV already. Excited to see the new stadium.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall

There were loads of empty seats in the home end, is there apathy at Sunderland st the moment? Don't recall seeing it that empty and it was a big game... Or is it bigger for Boro?

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
There were loads of empty seats in the home end, is there apathy at Sunderland st the moment? Don't recall seeing it that empty and it was a big game... Or is it bigger for Boro?
Well this match in particular was probably a bigger game for us than them, as we haven't had a league derby match in 7 years, whereas Sunderland have been playing them every year. Obviously they see Newcastle as a bigger rival as well so they are probably less bothered about this game than we are, but it still means more to them than most other league games.
The attendance was around 43,000 I think, which is about on par if not a bit above Sunderland's average, so with the match being on TV as well, i think the numbers more or less add up.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Great result for the Smoggies, fantastic goal as well the first.

To answer simmers question, yes I was at the Olympic stadium. Game was ok, result good. We needed a win just to settle things down.