The Official ROD Football (Soccer) Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not supporting England then? I must say you've shocked me there!!

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I am supporting England! I always pick another team who aren't fancied tho and I love Dzeko and I've been to Bosnia. It's beautiful although parts are still a mess after all the trouble there back in the day.

I think Scottish folk who gladly watch the English Premier league every weekend then say they are supporting anyone but England in the tournaments are hypocrites and idiots. I'll be cheering on England as loudly as anyone. Lampards goal that wasn't given last time fucking infuriated me.

Also the reason folk up here generally hate the English football team is nothing to do with the English football team itself. It's to do with the media who wank themselves into a frenzy every couple of years and who are incapable of any kind of objectivity. But that's not the fans and players fault!

With what soccer has become I feel as much connection to the Nigeria team as I do to the England team, they should do away with the world cup and just have a domestic league all star cup.

Volnerman08

Rookie
Where you from vol?

What was the score in the Bosnia match? I'm supporting them in the WC!
I live just outside of St. Louis in Illinois. Bosnia won the match with Dzeko scoring there 2 goals. He's such a beast.

Just read on sky sports that Cesc Fabregas will be sold by Barca most likely. Come home to Arsenal El capitan

Go Côte d'Ivoire! I went there for three weeks on a school mission trip in 1996.

i will say that this was quite an experience. those bosnian fans were representing their team for sure. smoke bombs on the field and everything. it was crazy and fun!

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
what a way for Fulham to treat Hangeland - so glad Khan isn't the Rams owner

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/27691410

He scored 8 goals in over six years at Fulham. In May 2011, my team (Birmingham City) were playing Fulham at home and they were rubbish as well and we desperately needed a win to help avoid relegation. The manager Alex McLeish, known for his negative style of play, oversees a 2-0 loss and this man Hangeland scored both. He scored a quarter of all his goals for Fulham in one game against us. It has been etched in my memory ever since as one of the worst results of recent years. We were relegated that season and its all gone even further downhill since.

Damn you Brede Hangeland! And damn you Alex McLeish you miserable son of a *****!

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What do you make of Zarate Lumber?

Volnerman08

Rookie
Zarate is a really good pickup for West Ham. Will give them something different upfront as well. It wasn't to long ago that he was very highly rated. I'm actually kind of suprised he would go to West Ham, nothing against them.

LumberTubs

Name
Phil

He was great for us a few years back. Superb little player but criminally underused by McLeish (there's that f***er again - its hard to accept he's our most successful ever manager). We had him and Mikael Forsell at the same time and haven't seen a strike force come close to that quality since.

I'd hope (for your sake) that Big Fat Sam finds a way to regularly fit him into the starting line up rather than just asking him to feed off knock downs from Andy Carroll cus, unless the years have been unkind to him, he's the kind of player a mid-table prem side could build their attack around. Just my opinion obviously.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
He was great for us a few years back. Superb little player but criminally underused by McLeish (there's that f***er again - its hard to accept he's our most successful ever manager). We had him and Mikael Forsell at the same time and haven't seen a strike force come close to that quality since.

I'd hope (for your sake) that Big Fat Sam finds a way to regularly fit him into the starting line up rather than just asking him to feed off knock downs from Andy Carroll cus, unless the years have been unkind to him, he's the kind of player a mid-table prem side could build their attack around. Just my opinion obviously.

i can't stand that zigic

LumberTubs

Name
Phil
i can't stand that zigic

Zigic is a Birmingham City legend in my eyes but he split opinion among fans.

His salary was far too high for the level we were at but that wasn't his fault. He could have scored more goals but we never played to his strength. We'd lump the ball at his head from 60 yards away n expect him to win it every time. He is actually very good when the ball is played into his feet.

He scored some hugely important goals for us. Scored one and helped set up the other in the 2011 league cup final. Did the same in the last game of last season which saw us avoid relegation in the final minutes of the game. I love the big man

LumberTubs

Name
Phil

This ^^^^. His scoring record for club and country (excluding us and Valencia) is very impressive.

Volnerman08

Rookie
Looks like Fabregas will be going to Chelsea and not coming back to Arsenal. Most depressing sports news I've heard in a long long time. :(

LumberTubs

Name
Phil
Looks like Fabregas will be going to Chelsea and not coming back to Arsenal. Most depressing sports news I've heard in a long long time. :(

Any idea how much Chelsea are going to be paying for him?

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I got USA in the work World Cup Sweepstake. Don't fancy my chances.