The Official ROD Football (Soccer) Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I've seen plenty of people make that claim, maybe you aren't one of them, I honestly try not to remember who says what.
I don't think he's horrible, I'd rather his type of ownership than a Jerry Jones or Al Davis. I like an owner who is the money for a franchise not the sports mind. I understand why the St Louis crowd hates him but what annoys me is be honest about it. People hate him for the potential move and aren't able to separate that from other things, they say just because he's an ass for doing that he's an ass for everything. Anyways enough about him please back to football.

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
Oh for freak sake!!! I'm tired of seeing him pouting on the sideline.
Well you'll likely see him pouting while on the pitch until January at least now, happy or not, he has to start ahead of Romero.
Have to say, it's a major DNA rifle up from United if the rumours about them being late back with the paperwork are true. Likely just cost themselves £10m+ for the sake of having an unhappy De Gea 3/4 months.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
Well you'll likely see him pouting while on the pitch until January at least now, happy or not, he has to start ahead of Romero.
Have to say, it's a major DNA rifle up from United if the rumours about them being late back with the paperwork are true. Likely just cost themselves £10m+ for the sake of having an unhappy De Gea 3/4 months.

I would hate to be the person who messed up the paperwork. I don't know if we play him. He was benched after a truly awful showing during the preseason. I know it was only preseason but he was acting like he didn't care one bit. If he gets his mind right then you're right we have to play him.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
image.jpg
image.jpg

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Happy with the signings flv?

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think they decided to spend what money they has left on some width in Moses and Antonio, rather than a forward and to be fair I think that was what was lacking, especially when we are playing at home. In Jelavic they got a cheapish forward who can come in when any of Sakho, Valencia and Carroll are injured, and let's face facts Big Andy is always injured! If Song can get his early last season form back he'll prove a massive asset as well.

So overall I'm pleased as I think it gives us lots of different options but ultimately time will tell when we actually see them perform on the pitch.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Oh and I concur re Adebayor, and I'm glad that lot are saddled with his £100k a week wages. I didn't want him anywhere near our place.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
Well the saga takes another turn... De Gea signs a new 4 year deal to stay with us. Did not see that coming.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
"Had he not signed a new deal, De Gea could have opened talks in January about a free-transfer move to Madrid for next summer."

This is all you need to know as in why he signed a new contract.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And the scheduling geniuses blessed us with Tottenham @ Sunderland for the early sunday game. It's making me want to start drinking very early in the day.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The second game on tv was Aston Villa @Leicester City. AV was dominating most of the match then from about the 65 minute to 85 minute mark LC turned it up and tied it. Amazing push the last 20 minutes hope this ends entertainingly so I can switch to NFL.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What a beautiful couple of days. Rams win followed by West Ham. I'm going to savour this as it doesn't happen too often.

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
Any time someone hammers (pun intended) Newcastle, that's a good day in my books :banana::banana::banana:
Good effort HX lad!